First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GMC Canyon 3.5L (159k)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Best setup I've seen on a Mav so far. Very well done.
Sponsored

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is there anything this truck can't do?

Old Ford Guy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Hybrid Lariat ; 2016 Linc Navigator
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Mostly it gives flexibility for areas to pitch camp. For instance, a rocky, rooted, uneven campsite wouldn't be ideal for a ground tent, but not an issue with this setup. This is less of a concern if camping in organized campgrounds, but definitely a potential issue when boondocking, overlanding, etc. Elevation keeps you away from critters. The setup time for this style of tent is literally seconds. Most of them have room to store your bedding, so there's no sleep setup time either.

And it looks cool :cool:

Granted, they're more money, harder to store, and potentially harder to get into/out of depending on your mobility, but for the right application they're ideal.
great answer, i'm not a big Camper Guy and i was wondering the same thing. as in why this as opposed to a tent you could just throw in the bed.

Reactions: Dad

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OP - have you had to remove the bars for any reason to put large items in your bed? How tedious of a process is that?

I'm very close to ordering the Vodoo bars

Sponsored

OP
OP
futuremavowner

futuremavowner

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OP - have you had to remove the bars for any reason to put large items in your bed? How tedious of a process is that?

I'm very close to ordering the Vodoo bars

I have not, but it’s 4 bolts and corresponding nuts. Easily done if needed.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have not, but it’s 4 bolts and corresponding nuts. Easily done if needed.
And so far you're satisfied with them? They're just about perfect for what I want. I already have the Truxport Truxedo soft tonneau and they are compatible with it.

OP
OP
futuremavowner

futuremavowner

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
And so far you're satisfied with them? They're just about perfect for what I want. I already have the Truxport Truxedo soft tonneau and they are compatible with it.
I like them. I think they look great on the Maverick and they are solidly built in the USA. Worked great with my RTT. I’d buy them again.

billbillw

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Another, less expensive way to sleep up off the ground is in a hammock :p

That's my preference, but it's not for everyone. These pop up roof tents are cool, at a high cost, of course.

Sponsored

BLachance75

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Another, less expensive way to sleep up off the ground is in a hammock :p

That's my preference, but it's not for everyone. These pop up roof tents are cool, at a high cost, of course.
I use a hammock as well. I currently use a Dutchware Banyan bridge hammock and I love it.

The one thing that I need to figure out is how to hang it off the truck in case I can only find 1 tree. It’s happened to me a few times. In the past I’ve tied it around the roof rack of a suv. Not sure if I want to go with some sort of rack and tie off to that or just wrap it around the a pillar.

billbillw

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I use a hammock as well. I currently use a Dutchware Banyan bridge hammock and I love it.

The one thing that I need to figure out is how to hang it off the truck in case I can only find 1 tree. It’s happened to me a few times. In the past I’ve tied it around the roof rack of a suv. Not sure if I want to go with some sort of rack and tie off to that or just wrap it around the a pillar.
I've been using a custom SLD Trail Lair with DIY top and bottom quilts since 2018. I don't think I would trust any attachment point on the Maverick to tie a hammock strap to. Do a force vector calculation and you might be surprised how much side load it would require.

BLachance75

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've been using a custom SLD Trail Lair with DIY top and bottom quilts since 2018. I don't think I would trust any attachment point on the Maverick to tie a hammock strap to. Do a force vector calculation and you might be surprised how much side load it would require.
I had looked and it is about 165 lbs of shear force with my setup. Tying to the roof rack was less than ideal but it got me by in a pinch. I have a trip coming up in a month and I know I will need to either tie off to the truck or bushwhack to an area that I can find 2 trees as I'll be staying in a parking lot.

I'm tempted to try a hitch extender positioned vertically so it goes straight up then run 2 straps to the bed floor to provide tension away from the hammock.
Sponsored