Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 22, Lariat fx4, 4k tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Retrax RetraxONE XR Retractable Tonneau Cover - T-60337

I installed this cover a few weeks ago and started posting a bunch of stuff into another thread, thought id try to condense it into its own thread instead.

Here's a bunch of pictures that might help answer some questions for people.

Measurements are: 10.5inches of space under the roll box, 14 inches from the front of the bed to the edge of the box, 40ish inches from the fully open cover to the tailgate.

The cover seems to be mostly water-resistant, you can see some water in the bed but I have been driving through some extremely heavy rain in the last 2 days. main highways near me have been closed because of flooding. the main issue with water I have had is with the tailgate, not the cover. there are very large gaps at the edges and corners of the tailgate and I would appreciate any advice people could give me besides tailgate seal strips (I have installed that and it is just not large enough for the upper corners).

Ford Maverick Retrax RetraxONE XR Tonneau Cover installed AMA PXL_20220108_224913006.MP
Ford Maverick Retrax RetraxONE XR Tonneau Cover installed AMA PXL_20220108_225047964.MP
Ford Maverick Retrax RetraxONE XR Tonneau Cover installed AMA PXL_20220108_231147934.MP
Ford Maverick Retrax RetraxONE XR Tonneau Cover installed AMA PXL_20220108_231251821.MP
Ford Maverick Retrax RetraxONE XR Tonneau Cover installed AMA PXL_20220108_231440286
Ford Maverick Retrax RetraxONE XR Tonneau Cover installed AMA PXL_20220108_231451912
Sponsored

Catmandu

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The existing drain holes are too high to work for the XR.... did you drill out a hole below those?

OP
OP

Jasperw229

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The existing drain holes are too high to work for the XR.... did you drill out a hole below those?
yes, i drilled out 1/2 inch holes in the bed directly below where the drain tubes connect. there are very small drain holes already in the bed from the factory and i just widened them enough for the drain tubes to fit inside.

Catmandu

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
yes, i drilled out 1/2 inch holes in the bed directly below where the drain tubes connect. there are very small drain holes already in the bed from the factory and i just widened them enough for the drain tubes to fit inside.
Thanks! This is what I will do as well.

OP
OP

Jasperw229

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm not sure if you have bought the cover already or not, but I have had a lot of water issues with mine lately.
Specifically going through an automatic car wash gets everything wet along both sides of my bed. Things in the middle are spared though.
I'm seriously debating getting rid of this cover and replacing it with the full canopy cover ford makes.
Thanks! This is what I will do as well.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Jasperw229

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I believe it's an issue with being unable to handle the volume of water that the car wash puts on the cover at one time. The little rails inside get overwhelmed and spill over

ColoradoShooter

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma/Fusion
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Great job on the dimensions 👍🏻 I’m seriously looking at the RetraxPRO MX tonneau. I was afraid that the RetraxONE might fade or oxidize in the high UV light we have here in CO.

Catmandu

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm not sure if you have bought the cover already or not, but I have had a lot of water issues with mine lately.
Specifically going through an automatic car wash gets everything wet along both sides of my bed. Things in the middle are spared though.
I'm seriously debating getting rid of this cover and replacing it with the full canopy cover ford makes.
I haven't got the drains sorted yet, I did have a little rain intrusion at the tailgate in a rainstorm. I'm not sure how raintight a rolling cover like this can be quite yet. You could contact the company direct for advice.... maybe the rails can be tightened down a bit more?

Anyway I'm keeping mine! I like the security and convenience of the rolling cover... plus it doesn't block the rear view. I have a thick rubber mat that sits in the centre of the bed that Ican keep things dry .
Sponsored