Catmandu

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you buy it directly from the manufacturer or who did you buy it from?

Also, how long did it take to get to you? I called Retrax and RollnLock and they both said 4-5 weeks.
I'm in Canada: I ordered from AutoEQ on a black friday deal, got it about 10 days later. Of course I don't have my Maverick yet....
Sponsored

Catmandu

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That is a great looking cover, but the price is steep!
It is! Especially when priced in Loonies. But I got one too since it offers all the things I wanted; Secure/lockable, doesn't block the back window & a rail system to add a kayak rack. I expect to keep the Mav for a long time so it seems like its worth the addon price.

LadyMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
SJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great photos and notes posted by @enigman

Why I bought it
  • I wanted a retractable bed cover and Ford didn't offer one
  • I wanted the option to still add bed rails, which is a specific feature of the XR model
Things you should know
  • You lose almost a foot of space that the canister takes up, but that's only at the top of the bed, you have full access underneath it
  • The XR model's clamps restrict the movement of the in bed rail system, this is specific to the XR because of extra support needed to support a load on top, the MX doesn't have this issue
  • The canister has drain hoses that are about half an inch in diameter, you'll need to drill into your bed to accommodate them,
Installation

I have no experience with trucks and am just moderately handy and I was able to install this in about an hour without much issue.

Final thoughts

If you need the ability to add a bed rack on top of your cover and don't mind losing a bit of space in exchange, then I'd recommend it. It works for my use case, but wont for everyone.

Product Page

2022 Ford Maverick RetraxONE XR retractable aftermarket bed cover installed pics 7.jpg
2022 Ford Maverick RetraxONE XR retractable aftermarket bed cover installed pics 6.jpg
2022 Ford Maverick RetraxONE XR retractable aftermarket bed cover installed pics 5.jpg
2022 Ford Maverick RetraxONE XR retractable aftermarket bed cover installed pics 1.jpg
2022 Ford Maverick RetraxONE XR retractable aftermarket bed cover installed pics 3.jpg
2022 Ford Maverick RetraxONE XR retractable aftermarket bed cover installed pics 2.jpg
2022 Ford Maverick RetraxONE XR retractable aftermarket bed cover installed pics 4.jpg
Looks clean, so many to choose from…🤔

PortlandME

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Before you drill holes in your truck bed, I watched a video where someone installing a fold up bed cover, showed where there were rubber plugs below the rails at both fwd, and aft ends of the bed where drain lines (about 1/2") were connected to the fwd section of the bed cover to drain water from the rails the cover sits on.
I think those plugs might be sitting too high to use for this particular cover. If anyone else has this cover and confirm, that would be awesome. I want to order this cover, but only if I can utilize existing holes for the drain lines.

Sponsored

FortyFiveNorthoods

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think those plugs might be sitting too high to use for this particular cover. If anyone else has this cover and confirm, that would be awesome. I want to order this cover, but only if I can utilize existing holes for the drain lines.
I've got one on order, but need both the truck and the cover to arrive. I was able to get a discount on it through Real Truck.

PortlandME

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've got one on order, but need both the truck and the cover to arrive. I was able to get a discount on it through Real Truck.
Thanks for the reply. Do you plan on drilling through the bed for the drain holes? Hoping someone who already has the cover can chime in.

FortyFiveNorthoods

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for the reply. Do you plan on drilling through the bed for the drain holes? Hoping someone who already has the cover can chime in.
TBD. I may look at plumbing into the existing holes, though I might have to do it with custom hardware.

Jasperw229

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 22, Lariat fx4, 4k tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have this cover.
Here are my thoughts so far.
1: pretty easy to install, totally possible to do alone but definitely easier with a friend. 1hr timeline is totally reasonable, but I believe the instructions said 2hrs so don't feel too bad if you end up fiddling with it a bit longer.
2: the whole thing feels pretty solid and looks really good on my truck, everyone who has seen it has been impressed.
3: losing the 1ft up front is a pretty big deal on this truck, our bed is small already and even though there is some space under the roller after install I worry about the tubes getting knocked out by stuff sliding around and hitting them.
4: the box up front covers the drain holes (shown in the videos in previous posts) in the bed because it is so large and makes it impossible to use those for drainage on this cover. I was forced to drill out 1/2 inch holes in the bed for the drain tubes to feed through.
5: water leakage: this was a big deal for me and I think this cover does an ok job of keeping water out. Unfortunately the tailgate does not. Getting a good seal around the sides and upper corners of the tailgate is going to be difficult unless you have experience with other trucks to pull from. Once I figure out how to get it acceptable on my truck I might post pictures for others to examine in a separate thread.
In the meantime I am keeping tools and a backpack with my laptop in the bed, so that should give you an idea of what level of issue I'm having currently. I have put rubber gasket vertically along the edges of the tailgate, but still have issues in the upper corners that I need to address.
6: the rolling action is pretty smooth and I noticed that the adjustments made during install make the biggest difference to operating the cover later on. The instructions mention that there is a break in period as well that I probably haven't gotten past, but I'm happy with it as is.
7: the weight rating along with the anti-knife properties vs a fabric style cover made me think this was going to be made out of metal, but the slats are actually a plastic material and I wouldn't want to stand on it for instance.

I'm open to any questions people have but pictures are hard to get while it's raining like 95% of the time and I have stuff I'm trying to keep dry in the truck.

Helmly

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Great photos and notes posted by @enigman

Why I bought it
  • I wanted a retractable bed cover and Ford didn't offer one
  • I wanted the option to still add bed rails, which is a specific feature of the XR model
Things you should know
  • You lose almost a foot of space that the canister takes up, but that's only at the top of the bed, you have full access underneath it
  • The XR model's clamps restrict the movement of the in bed rail system, this is specific to the XR because of extra support needed to support a load on top, the MX doesn't have this issue
  • The canister has drain hoses that are about half an inch in diameter, you'll need to drill into your bed to accommodate them,
Installation

I have no experience with trucks and am just moderately handy and I was able to install this in about an hour without much issue.

Final thoughts

If you need the ability to add a bed rack on top of your cover and don't mind losing a bit of space in exchange, then I'd recommend it. It works for my use case, but wont for everyone.

Product Page

2022 Ford Maverick RetraxONE XR retractable aftermarket bed cover installed pics 7.jpg
2022 Ford Maverick RetraxONE XR retractable aftermarket bed cover installed pics 6.jpg
2022 Ford Maverick RetraxONE XR retractable aftermarket bed cover installed pics 5.jpg
2022 Ford Maverick RetraxONE XR retractable aftermarket bed cover installed pics 1.jpg
2022 Ford Maverick RetraxONE XR retractable aftermarket bed cover installed pics 3.jpg
2022 Ford Maverick RetraxONE XR retractable aftermarket bed cover installed pics 2.jpg
2022 Ford Maverick RetraxONE XR retractable aftermarket bed cover installed pics 4.jpg
Got the same one on mine and it’s worth every single penny! I got the measurements as exact as possible on both sides from front to back and I haven’t seen a single leak yet in the rain or even when washing the truck.

How did you run your drain tubes? I did mine in the front corners but I still hit them from time to time loading and unloading stuff. Wish I could come up with a better way to do them.

Ford Maverick RetraxONE XR retractable aftermarket bed cover installed pics & feedback 22C10503-E4D5-481A-9E55-267FC53BA32D

Sponsored

FortyFiveNorthoods

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How did you run your drain tubes? I did mine in the front corners but I still hit them from time to time loading and unloading stuff. Wish I could come up with a better way to do them.
I picked up the same cover. I think I’m going to try tap into the hole in the wheel well.

onetequilatwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariat Maverick and 2019 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Remember, you get what you pay for.
Yes, but did like how I can easily remove the eXtang as two spring loaded clips in the back and just two toggle handle bolts in the front and 60 pounds.

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is a great cover, I know people who have this one of their trucks. It's just funny to me that the Maverick and F-250 covers are priced the extract same. No small truck discount?

FortyFiveNorthoods

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is a great cover, I know people who have this one of their trucks. It's just funny to me that the Maverick and F-250 covers are priced the extract same. No small truck discount?
Reach out to RealTruck and they might be able to discount. I was able to get a non-insignificant amount off.
Sponsored