First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My girlfriend got made fun of by her friends for reading her manual instead of just looking it up on YouTube or asking on Facebook. I told her I have never been more proud of her in my life.

Sponsored

Doc Holliday

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was mildly frustrated by the "one size fits all" manual. i.e. features described that didn't exist on my XLT. Even though I'm 72, I thought, why even have a paper manual these days? Why not a vehicle specific disc? Doc

Randy H.

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
One important thing I have learned about the Maverick during my first month of ownership. READ THE MANUAL.

My Dealer new car orientation consisted of giving me the key and saying "goodbye." In their defense, they have no Mavericks on the lot to play with and learn about, so they know NOTHING...

I've since read the manual and learned many cool things the truck does that you may not find out for some time unless you READ THE MANUAL...

1) Rear windows have an auto-up feature to keep kids/dog from getting their heads/necks crushed. Nice to know.
2) Turn signals have a quick one-touch for changing lanes that gives you 3 signals. This way you don't to hold down yourself.
3) The buttons beneath the faux CD player are shortcuts for many functions on the touchscreen. The one on the left accesses the setting rather than using the touch screen. The one on the right turns the large screen to clock or off if desired at night. Still don't understand the faux CD player slot though?
4) The exterior driver door keypad can lock ALL or UNLOCK ALL by touching the top 2 or bottom 2 buttons simulatenously. I've had my Sportrac with the same keypad for 14 years and didn't even know it too does this. Haaa...

This is just a small fraction of the electronics in this car and most newer cars these days. If you take time to read the manual, you will find many things that you will enjoy... So, READ THE MANUAL!
What & where is this “faux CD slot” you refer to? Edit: now I see to which you refer
Ford Maverick READ YOUR MANUAL 10DD837A-0125-48AB-8A21-FE9913559F0F

Last edited:

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What & where is this “faux CD slot” you refer to? Edit: now I see to which you refer
10DD837A-0125-48AB-8A21-FE9913559F0F.jpeg
That's where I put my CD. Single disc but better than nothing.

Randy H.

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sponsored

Smack

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The manual is a one for all manual, I have the XLT with the FX4, I don't need the electric vehicle stuff.

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The manual is a one for all manual, I have the XLT with the FX4, I don't need the electric vehicle stuff.
Probably my biggest grip on the Manual is reading 10 pages to find out my XLT does not have the feature I just read about.
Sponsored