First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Engine
Undecided
I've got a base XLT on order. Only upgrades are moonroof, hitch, floor mats, 110 outlet and hood protector.
Are any of those constraint items that I should delete from my build?
I'll wait for the moonroof if I have to buy the rest is just aftermarket stuff. Should I play it safe and just delete that stuff?
The biggest constraint is that it sounds like about 80% of the order were for hybrids but they will only be able to make about 35% of the 2023s as hybrids because of shortages.

They are also only planning on making 15% of the Mavericks as the XL model.

It is not impossible but if you ordered a hybrid XL then there is a good chance that you will not get it since lots of people order those including 2022 rollovers which should have priority.

You also need to be aware that the 110 outlet is only 400 watts which equates to 3.3 amps. The typical household outlet is 15 or 20 amps. That is not enough to run almost any power tool so what you can use it for is real limited. The watt or amp rating is usually printed in the fine print of the label of most things you might want to plug into the Maverick. Unless you need it for something like a laptop you may want to consider dropping that if you will not be able to use it.
Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yep, I was 72 when I ordered mine!
Suspect I’ll be 74 when it (hopefully) arrives!
I was 78.5 years old when I ordered mine and will be 79.6 when mine comes in about 12 days.🤗 Plan is to trade it in when plug ins come out. Also plan to have 10-12 year pacemaker battery replaced twice.😇😇

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've got a base XLT on order. Only upgrades are moonroof, hitch, floor mats, 110 outlet and hood protector.
I'll wait for the moonroof if I have to buy the rest is just aftermarket stuff. Should I play it safe and just delete that stuff?
Outlet also requires the 400 watt inverter. You could do that aftermarket but to wire it so it works with the BMS you'll have to run in through the fuse box and not bypass the BMS unit on the negative battery cable. Hitch can also be done aftermarket but it will be a bolt on as opposed to being welded from the factory. Also you'll need to wire in a 4 pin connector for trailers.

The inverter is a toss up whether to have the manufacturer do it or you if you have the skills or can pay to have someone else do it where the parts and labor are cheaper or about the same.

The hitch I'd let Ford put theirs on. It will be welded and wired correctly for a 4 pin connector, you also won't be able to do that afterwards for what they are charging as an extra. On average you'd spend at least $500 to put this in afterwards if you pay a shop to do it.

Hood protector do it aftermarket or dealer installed. Just price it out first before deleting to determine is the extra cost doing it afterwards worth the time not spent waiting on delivery.

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Surly crowd eh? In my opinion it’s in your best interest to eliminate anything you can add later via aftermarket or parts department. I’m planning on doing that as well.
The is also a cost vs time trade off here. Some of these constrained items if you do them afterwards either aftermarket or buying the Ford parts will cost significantly more than having Ford install them on the build.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The hitch is much easier and cheaper to get factory installed one. As far as 110 power check out a rechargeable power station, with whatever size battery you think you will need. I am considering Massimo pure sine wave inverter with 2kw battery. It's about $1500 but others with smaller batteries are less expensive. Just check the max output amps to be sure you get what you need. I plan on running a recharge wire on a 12v 30 amp dc fuze to rear of bed to recharge faster but could use the existing 12 factory circuit. As far as constraints they come and go so you cannot be sure what will actually be constrained when yours is built.

Sponsored

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Leave the moonroof, hitch, and inverter. The hitch will be stronger and trimmed better factory. Inverter will be PITA to get done after. Drop floor mats and hood protector. Hope for the best.

OP
OP
MesaMav

MesaMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford F-150 FX4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm going to call my dealer and drop the inverter. I don't really need that at all. I'll kill the floor mats and hood deflector as well so it will end up being a base XLT with moonroof, hitch and slider.
By changing my order, will I lose my place in line?

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm going to call my dealer and drop the inverter. I don't really need that at all. I'll kill the floor mats and hood deflector as well so it will end up being a base XLT with moonroof, hitch and slider.
You are hopefully improving your place in line by making your Maverick easier to build

OP
OP
MesaMav

MesaMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford F-150 FX4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
FWIWorth, in September 2021 I ordered a XLT with bells and whistles, Lux package, AWD, Tow package, Copilot package, bed tool box, floor mats, rear window, full size spare and bed lighting, tonneau cover, mud flaps… not a peep from Ford. In February 2022 Fordvideoguy suggested I drop some constraint items… I dropped mud flaps, tool box and and tonneau cover. I didn't want the truck without the heated seats and steering wheel( I’m old and always cold ). I simply said, this is what I wanted. Not a peep from Ford, and I called Ford Marketing weekly. In late August I was figuring I’d buy a Ridgeline and made the appointment with Honda For that Thursday. On My last call to Ford that Wednesday they said I had a VIN and gave me an October build date. I don’t have my truck yet, but I’m thrilled it’s coming, the way I want it. So my point is, what are you willing to do without? Hold true to yourself, I’m 72 and pretty sure this is my last vehicle… If you’re younger, you have time, so your decisions are based on a possible AWD hybrid in future years, or an aftermarket install of most things. I bought many vehicles, always off the lot and added accessories. This is what I wanted… What do you want? Easy peasy. Good luck!
Im 62 and feel as you do. I want what I want for once in my life. I'm just a dumb old carpet layer. I've worked hard all my life. Married, raised my kids right, always put family first. I've never taken a vacation or been anywhere but 5 Western states. My kids are grown and doing well, wife passed 20 years ago and when I die, my kids are going to do well with my estate so I finally am going to do something selfish. Never bought a new vehicle so I ordered a Lariat with all the bells and whistles only to find out that I'll be lucky to see it in the next two years. I'm gonna probably get flamed for this but I decided to order the base XLT so I could get it earlier. (Flame away.)
I'm keeping the Lariat order so if that ever gets built, I'll give the XLT to my daughter.
The Maverick is a big part of my retirement, hence I'd like to get one sooner rather than wait.

Last edited:

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Im 62 and feel as you do. I want what I want for once in my life. I'm just a dumb old carpet layer. I've worked hard all my life. Married, raised my kids right, always put family first. I've never taken a vacation or been anywhere but 5 Western states. My kids are grown and doing well, wife passed 20 years ago and when I die, my kids are going to do well with my estate so I finally am going to do something selfish. Never bought a new vehicle so I ordered a Lariat with all the bells and whistles only to find out that I'll be lucky to see it in the next to years. I'm gonna probably get flamed for this but I decided to order the base XLT so I could get it earlier. (Flame away.)
I'm keeping the Lariat order so if that ever gets built, I'll give the XLT to my daughter.
The Maverick is a big part of my retirement, hence I'd like to get one sooner rather than wait.
Seems like a great plan, I wish you lots of luck.

Sponsored

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why no sliding back window?
Not the OP but for me I did not put the "Manual Rear Sliding Window" on my MY23 order.

I have it on my MY22 Maverick and it really is useless.

I had the sliding window on my 1998 Ford Ranger SuperCab and that window was very useful. I could open it and place long (8-10 ft) lumber or PVC piping through it.

On the Maverick the window is much too small and it does not go to the bottom of the rear glass so anything you try to put through it from the back of the bed hits the ceiling.

So it is useless for my needs thus why I removed it on my MY23 order.

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not the OP but for me I did not put the "Manual Rear Sliding Window" on my MY23 order.

I have it on my MY22 Maverick and it really is useless.

I had the sliding window on my 1998 Ford Ranger SuperCab and that window was very useful. I could open it and place long (8-10 ft) lumber or PVC piping through it.

On the Maverick the window is much too small and it does not go to the bottom of the rear glass so anything you try to put through it from the back of the bed hits the ceiling.

So it is useless for my needs thus why I removed it on my MY23 order.
I was tempted to add it but found it to be fairly useless as well.

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Floor mats you can order through the dealer afterwards. That is what I did for this truck. It was toss up between the Ford floor mats made by weathertec or weathertec mats. At the time no one had rear mats that fit except for Ford on these trucks so it was an easy call to buy the Ford ones.

Hood deflector the dealer should be able to do that for you afterwards if you want one that says Ford on it.
Sponsored