First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford F-150 FX4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've got a base XLT on order. Only upgrades are moonroof, hitch, floor mats, 110 outlet and hood protector.
Are any of those constraint items that I should delete from my build?
I'll wait for the moonroof if I have to buy the rest is just aftermarket stuff. Should I play it safe and just delete that stuff?
Sponsored

Last edited:

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A little bit of research goes a long way.

Countless threads dealing with this.

OP
OP
MesaMav

MesaMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford F-150 FX4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, Thanks so much for such detailed help. Much appreciated.
A little kindness and understanding might go a long way for you as well.
Let me guess. You're single, have a lot of cats and not many friends...........
I have used the search function. The constraints list doesn't show the floor mats, hood deflector or the hitch as constraints but several people have mentioned those as a problem. Just trying to get some clarification but thanks again for all your help and wisdom.

Last edited:

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Feldgary53

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Maverick incoming, ā€˜13 Porsche 911,ā€˜19 Audi Q3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Surly crowd eh? In my opinion itā€™s in your best interest to eliminate anything you can add later via aftermarket or parts department. Iā€™m planning on doing that as well.

Sponsored

oilman300

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Velocity Blue XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd leave off the hood protector. No constraints on the hitch & inverter. They say there are better aftermarket floor mats than Ford's

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would suggest removing the hood protector and mats just to be safe. Order those via the ford parts dept with your Ford Pass Points you get for purchasing the vehicle or from a 3rd party like AVS, Weather-tech, etc. IMO the rest on your list shouldn't be a problem.

Bad Actor

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Ranger XLT, 73 Mustang Base, 02 Toyota Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
All of the items on your build were constrained at some point. Prudent thing to do is drop everything except for hitch and moonroof, things not easily added later.

Bodageta

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Chevrolet K1500, 1989 Corvette Conv
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've got a base XLT on order. Only upgrades are moonroof, hitch, floor mats, 110 outlet and hood protector.
I'll wait for the moonroof if I have to buy the rest is just aftermarket stuff. Should I play it safe and just delete that stuff?
Why no sliding back window?

SoCalPaddy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford Expedition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

MY22 constraints included 4k tow package , floor mats and hood protector. But, 4k package is a factory installed item only. Dealer(or others) can install the 2k 4pin hitch.

Sponsored

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Did you order a MY23?

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

FWIWorth, in September 2021 I ordered a XLT with bells and whistles, Lux package, AWD, Tow package, Copilot package, bed tool box, floor mats, rear window, full size spare and bed lighting, tonneau cover, mud flapsā€¦ not a peep from Ford. In February 2022 Fordvideoguy suggested I drop some constraint itemsā€¦ I dropped mud flaps, tool box and and tonneau cover. I didn't want the truck without the heated seats and steering wheel( Iā€™m old and always cold ). I simply said, this is what I wanted. Not a peep from Ford, and I called Ford Marketing weekly. In late August I was figuring Iā€™d buy a Ridgeline and made the appointment with Honda For that Thursday. On My last call to Ford that Wednesday they said I had a VIN and gave me an October build date. I donā€™t have my truck yet, but Iā€™m thrilled itā€™s coming, the way I want it. So my point is, what are you willing to do without? Hold true to yourself, Iā€™m 72 and pretty sure this is my last vehicleā€¦ If youā€™re younger, you have time, so your decisions are based on a possible AWD hybrid in future years, or an aftermarket install of most things. I bought many vehicles, always off the lot and added accessories. This is what I wantedā€¦ What do you want? Easy peasy. Good luck!

Jamesrchapman1949

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yep, I was 72 when I ordered mine!
Suspect Iā€™ll be 74 when it (hopefully) arrives!
Sponsored