Sponsored

Difference between bed tray liner and hard drop in liner?

Scout

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What’s the difference between the bed tray liner and the hard drop in liner?
Sponsored

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What’s the difference between the bed tray liner and the hard drop in liner?
Bed Spray* Liner is a thick goo that is sprayed on but dries immediately and is a relatively permanent protective coating on the bare metal.

Drop in liner is a molded piece that drops in like a good wig, but it’s not permanent nor perfectly adheres to the bed so you may get some water and debris stuck under it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Scout

Scout

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Let me clarify, I know what the spray in liner is, I don’t know what the difference between Bed tray liner or the Hard drop in liner is

MavDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MAZDA 3 Sedan
Let me clarify, I know what the spray in liner is, I don’t know what the difference between Bed tray liner or the Hard drop in liner is
Can definitely be wrong here, but my understanding is that the Bed tray liner is much like a tray floor liner in that it has a small lip on the sides but does not extend all the way up the sides of the bed. The hard drop in is essentially a removable spray-in in that it lines the whole bed.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Jah.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jah.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick xlt fx4 , Honda 700 ctx mc
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I personally like drop in liners . I had one in 2004 f150 and never had a problem with it for 18 years . no rust and no moister build up . never had to touch up bed . the maverick has drainage holes built-in so drop in shouldn't be a problem . I just yesterday bought a ranger drop in liner and modified it to work in the maverick . happy with it for a $25 I vestment and 3 hrs of labor to fit . couldn't even find a plain bed mat for under $50 . it protects the bed and bulkhead under the window . Info on what you did to maverick today and pics.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
A little off -topic but I saw the OEM bed mat in person and it looked great and pretty beefy, only the wheel wheels without a liner would concern me ....

19mustang65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pinti
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I personally like drop in liners . I had one in 2004 f150 and never had a problem with it for 18 years . no rust and no moister build up . never had to touch up bed . the maverick has drainage holes built-in so drop in shouldn't be a problem . I just yesterday bought a ranger drop in liner and modified it to work in the maverick . happy with it for a $25 I vestment and 3 hrs of labor to fit . couldn't even find a plain bed mat for under $50 . it protects the bed and bulkhead under the window . Info on what you did to maverick today and pics.
In the desert they are a different story. I had one for just a few years and the sand that got trapped between acted like fine grit sandpaper and ground the clear and most of the paint to dust.
Sponsored