Sponsored

Flex bed dividers - Any one try bed liner spray on 2x6?

Anton4

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I cut the board slightly shorter than the space, then I use foam pipe insulation cut in half to fill the small space at each end (you can see it in the picture if you zoom in). I slide the board into the bed flat, then pivot it down into the slots., then insert the foam.
Sponsored

dc73pdsgt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

What’s the length measurement for the wood? Gonna go to Home Depot and get a 2x8 to paint but need the length to fit 8n the bed

RLmesc

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Kia Sportage, 05 Porsche Boxster S, 85 Kawasaki
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, here is my take on the divider made from a 3/4' x 7.25" x 8' PVC board. It has hinges in the center and painted in rattle-can SIBL.
Ford Maverick Flex bed dividers - Any one try bed liner spray on 2x6? IMG_4362
Ford Maverick Flex bed dividers - Any one try bed liner spray on 2x6? IMG_4361

dls235

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had a couple 2x4s laying around. I hit them with some black wood preservative. Came out looking like a stain. Layed them in and inserted a shim to keep everything tight. Matches the Line-X pretty good. Groceries won't slide now.

IMG_20211225_152022661.jpg

IMG_20211225_151958627.jpg
How to you get it out ? I’m finding that at a certain point if the height is too tall it will catch the under part of the side bed and won’t come out.

Cromwell

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Sponsored

BigSouthFork

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, here is my take on the divider made from a 3/4' x 7.25" x 8' PVC board. It has hinges in the center and painted in rattle-can SIBL.
IMG_4362.jpg
IMG_4361.jpg
Not sure how it’ll do in actual use but I used yours for inspiration. The hinge will only let it fold in one direction so the direction I face them will depend on if what I have in the bed needs to stay near the cab or the tailgate. I used pressure treated lumber and just sprayed them a matte black. It definitely makes it easier to put in a solid board.

For the 2x6 over the wheels, I heavily sanded the bottom corners to round them which helped a lot in placing the boards and lets it sit more securely with the drop in bed liner.

Ford Maverick Flex bed dividers - Any one try bed liner spray on 2x6? IMG_3804

Ford Maverick Flex bed dividers - Any one try bed liner spray on 2x6? IMG_3807

Ford Maverick Flex bed dividers - Any one try bed liner spray on 2x6? IMG_3812

JBMcC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Jetta TDI, 03 Corolla, 95 W2500 Diesel
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did a trial run of 2x6's as bed dividers prior to bedliner spray and scratch the OEM paint...as I anticipated. Maverick paint is easily scratched in the bed. Took some used straps and wrapped the ends with strap so its flexible to add or remove strap as padding as bedliner is installed....makes snug fit that's easy to adjust and not scratch the bedliner or paint.

Holding 2x6 in place I used Harbor Freight magnet strips (US General - 18" magnetic strips) which carry about a 10 pound strength and cheap at $1.50 @ with coupons. Placed a magnetic strip above each 2x6 and their not going to move or bounce, takes brute strength to pull the magnetic strips off the bed's steel siding.. Screwed a magnetic strip to the side of the vertical 2x6 to hold an old junk pile "shelf rack"...making the metal rack removable since it's held on solely by the magnets, works well making it modular. Pictures attached.

Was going to do a "rack rail" on both sides of the bed but once I got the Maverick I could see the pre-drilled holes are drilled into structural members and are plenty strong as tie downs without a rail. Amazon is a no brainer to get 8mm 1/2 stainless steel bolds and variety of single bolt hooks, not easy to find at hardware stores (chose hooks with maximum of 300lb strength (the lowest) hoping they will break-away before the bed siding frame bends. Tie downs & bolts were around...$19.00 for everything. Highly recommend putting in the bolts (ONLY) before getting a bedliner sprayed in...then back them out to install hooks...putting bolts in thru the bedliner filled holes would be a major project for a household level drill and keeping bolts straight.

Cheap HF magnet bars holding 2x6 in place below. Bed is steel vs aluminum and even with the thick layer of bedliner the magnets hold with brute force.

Footnote: really like the Gator Tri-fold tonneau. Minutes to put on and take off with no tools and very light weight to haul....so for no leaks.

IMG_0615.jpg

8mm x 1/2 long stainless steel bolts with tie down loops. Heavy duty loops are the largest ones to accept a typical ratchet strap hook. For really heavy cargo I will use the OEM floor loops, as in motorcycle hauling.
IMG_0616.jpg

Harbor Freight magnet strips holding 2x6 down...
IMG_0617.jpg

2 Magnet strips screwed into side of 2x6 to hold shelf rack...metal shelf can easily be pulled off when not needed.
IMG_0618.jpg

Metal shelf magnetically attached...ain't going anywhere when hitting speed bumps with two 10lb of magnet strips holding it in place, unless I need to remove it.
IMG_0619.jpg
Thanks for all the necessary detail!
Sponsored