Sponsored

Ajm

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Looks real nice. Looking forward to getting my own in Dec.

No bed liner here, also don't care about exposed welds/ bolts/holes/etc. It's a truck bed.

I may cut a sheet of plywood to toss in there when I load rocks or wood to keep from denting it up.
Sponsored

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What is up with the terrible paint job.

If you look at this close up you see the darker blue fading to lighter going upwards with a defined transition. Also notice the bright white areas.

Looks like two different paint tints and poor coverage.

Ford Maverick Production Maverick XL delivered to dealer! Bad Paint Job.JPG

Shecster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1930 Model A Ford - 1971 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Went out to see the truck as it's practically in my backyard. Met the new.owmer and he seemed super chill. Fairly happy with the look of the truck, sits a bit low though. Nearly as low as my focus.
Hopefully the new owner will report in on some first impressions of their new truck. Thanks for letting us know that it was sold and delivered to the new owner..... sounds like a happy camper. ✔

Sponsored

FloodingdowninTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm with you - classic with Silver paint, just what's being built for me right now! I'm going to see this one and take more photos - will post later.
Silver with steelies goes like tacos and tequila.

bpcooper14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I haven't looked at the accessories or parts lists but would it be possible to purchase the cubby that you find on the xlt truck bed and install that in the xl bed?

Bbosley23

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 , maverick on order
Anyone else pissed that dealers will have trucks on lots before the people that pre-ordered them. I am still waiting for my build to get scheduled to build. I ordered back in June

Reactions: Oki

Ronaldo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 bronco, 67 conv Mustang, 93 RX7 R1
I called JR yesterday at the Ventura dealership, he let me see it in person. I just needed to see the scale of the Maverick, it is plenty big. It actually looks about the same size as the Ranger but the Ranger is lifted a few more inches. Can’t wait to see my VB XLT hybrid in person! My other truck cost over $110 to fill up, this Maverick will pay for itself in gas savings. I‘ll be getting my economy car/truck with a bed in November.

Sponsored

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Whatever it is, it looks bad. At least they could have made them symmetric and not spreaded out randomly all over the truck bed.
I recognize you have no knowledge of welding, and that's OK. Those spot welds are not random. Their location is determined by engineering. Not much you can do to make them pretty. It's function over form here. That box will be tough as nails....

wyouger

First Name
Williard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger
Will Ford offer the xlt Flex panels as accessories?
All parts should be available from Ford. If your not in a hurry, they will probably be available on eBay.

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone else pissed that dealers will have trucks on lots before the people that pre-ordered them. I am still waiting for my build to get scheduled to build. I ordered back in June
No, I wish Ford had already finished a bunch of vehicles for dealers before they even officially announced the truck. That way we all could have gone to dealerships and test driven the truck before ordering/buying.

deadeye

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Those are spot welds, not painted bolts.
Thanks, I was staring at the bolts and did not understand how they could be more symmetric or look better.

Yes, the spot welds look like spot welds.

Vehicles use many spotwelds to hold the structural stampings together. It cost money to cover the structure with additional "pretty" panels to cover the structural necessity of welded structure underneath (fenders, roof ditch molding, hood, interior trim, etc).
Sponsored