Sylvester

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry. Those exposed spot welds look like ass. They make the truck look cheap and poorly assembled. Probably not robotic, because they look kind of random, and several look as if they are way too deep. Shame. Looks like a spray in bed liner is in my future.
How dare you are complaining about the shitty look of spot welds of a truck which only costs 20k????? :) Just kidding, I am with you and posted about it earlier but this was more or less the answer I received from few folks here. Not that all the people who test the truck praise how great the quality/look of the truck is and most of the other trucks somehow manage to make it not look that shitty......

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just checked status of mine... I live in Northwest OH and currently, my truck is on the rail with Union Pacific and is going through Eightenst, KS right now. Approximately 12-14 hours rail time left, but there obviously will be several stops on the way to drop off and pick up cargo. I am imagining that the destination will be Detroit, Michigan and that the dealership will truck the Maverick (along with any Broncos they have on order).

Elghtenst KS Train.jpg

Eightenst KS.jpg

My scheduled deliver date: October 15th through 21st
How are you checking the rail transit of you maverick?

Larrythelunatic

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Toyota Pickup. 22 IS hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I am wondering what the stock black wheels and scorpion tires that come with the FX4 package would be worth if I put them up for sale after getting the truck ? Still not sure I want to "upgrade" to the 235s/Machined 17 alloys for another $795 and not have a set to remove and at least re-coup some of that upcharge-
In ‘85 I bought the centerfold, color and all, of the Toyota Pickup pretty picture brochure. SR5 it was called. Big nice machined aluminum wheels. Loved that truck. My first, after a lifetime of motorcycles and sports cars.
Seven years later I bought a stripped down Toyota pickup.
Tore the interior out, swapping the brand new bench seat with the old bucket seats and console. (The guy who bought the ‘85 loved the fact that the seat did not have seven years of farts in it!)
Also swapped the brand new steelies and tires with the old
(but we’ll cared for) aluminum wheels onto the then-new ‘92. Still have them on that Swiss cheese framed truck that I hope lasts ‘till my Mav shows up.
So I suggest that you get the aftermarket alumies that you like, along with the summer tires that please. Swap them out before the snow flies and the salt eats the aluminum.
Been doing this for 36 years now. They look as good as new!

Larrythelunatic

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Toyota Pickup. 22 IS hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

How dare you are complaining about the shitty look of spot welds of a truck which only costs 20k????? :) Just kidding, I am with you and posted about it earlier but this was more or less the answer I received from few folks here. Not that all the people who test the truck praise how great the quality/look of the truck is and most of the other trucks somehow manage to make it not look that shitty......
Probably ARE robotically tack-welded. Pretty tough to build, even in Mexico, ANY vehicle for $20k using human welders.

Sponsored

Lunysgwen

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus 2013 ST
Sorry. Those exposed spot welds look like ass. They make the truck look cheap and poorly assembled. Probably not robotic, because they look kind of random, and several look as if they are way too deep. Shame. Looks like a spray in bed liner is in my future.
Robotic 100%. Spot welds have been a thing for over 40 years. Been restoring an old foxbody mustang and having to cut them out is interesting. This is also a cheap vehicle, and frankly this is something very easily solved with a liner. I don't understand the complaints.

If you want better quality spend a bit more.

bpcooper14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No fold down armrest in the rear seat is there? I didn't think there was but just double checking.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No fold down armrest in the rear seat is there? I didn't think there was but just double checking.
The XL rear seat does not have a fold down armrest.

bpcooper14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Didn't think so....just double checking

Headdead

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster S
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Robotic 100%. Spot welds have been a thing for over 40 years. Been restoring an old foxbody mustang and having to cut them out is interesting. This is also a cheap vehicle, and frankly this is something very easily solved with a liner. I don't understand the complaints.

If you want better quality spend a bit more.
The complaint is that they look cheap. The solution, with which you agree, is to cover them with a bedliner.
And yes, automotive sheet metal welds are often robotic. 100%? Not even close.

Last edited:

Liveaboard

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van
Mine went into production today. About a half week ahead of schedule. Yea.
Sponsored

Reactions: wjg