First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Stinger, '14 F-Type, '09 G8 GXP, '22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Stumbled across this while looking through the service manual. This won't work if you have MyKey enabled and the driver/passenger sides need to be disabled individually. It also mentions the diagnostic scan tool so I assume the setting is somewhere in FORSCAN or you can ask your dealer to do this.

Seatbelt Minder Deactivating/Activating Activation

NOTE: The driver and passenger seat Belt-Minder™ deactivating/activating can be carried out using the diagnostic scan tool.

NOTE: If you are using a MyKey™ programmed key, the Belt-Minder™ cannot be disabled and does not time out after 5 minutes. If the Belt-Minder™ has been previously disabled, it is re-enabled when a MyKey™ programmed key is used.

NOTE: The driver and front passenger Belt-Minder™ are deactivated/activated independently. When deactivating/activating one seating position, do not buckle the other position.

NOTE: Clear any message center warnings that are present before and throughout the procedure.

1. Apply the parking brake before deactivating/activating the Belt-Minder™.
2. Place the selector lever in PARK (P).
3. Place the ignition in OFF.
4. Close all doors and the hood.
5. Unbuckle the driver and the front passenger seat belts.
6. Place the ignition in the RUN mode (do not start the engine).
7. Wait until the seat belt warning indicator turns off (approximately 1 minute).
8. NOTE: This step must be completed within 30 seconds after the seat belt warning indicator turns off (step 6). Wait 5 seconds after the seat belt warning indicator turns off then for the seating position to be disabled, buckle then unbuckle the seat belt 3 times at a moderate speed, ending with the seat belt in the unbuckled state. After this step the seat belt warning indicator turns on.
9. NOTE: Clear any message center warnings that are present before proceding with this step. NOTE: As confirmation of disabling the Belt-Minder™ (if currently enabled), the seat belt warning indicator flashes 4 times per second for 3 seconds. NOTE: As confirmation of enabling the Belt-Minder™ (if currently disabled), the seat belt warning indicator flashes 4 times per second for 3 seconds, followed by 3 seconds with the seat belt warning indicator off, followed by another flash sequence of 4 times per second for 3 seconds. While the seat belt warning indicator is still on, buckle then unbuckle the seat belt one time at a moderate speed.
10. After confirmation, the deactivation/activation procedure is complete.
Sponsored

CPrevost

First Name
Cane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
You can buy a seat belt clip for 5 bucks on Amazon and just snap it in. Problem solved.

Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

ThisWas

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid, 2021 RAV4 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Since this is where the seatbelt experts hang out...

I have a Hybrid XL. I always buckle my seatbelt before starting the truck. Nevertheless a graphic appears in the instrument panel display showing all of the seats; I must press OK to make it go away.

I don't need to be reminded to fasten my seatbelt which is already fastened - I want my display to show the odometer so I can reset trip gas mileage etc and be on my way.

I've tried everything I could think of to make the warning disappear, like buckling and unbuckling twenty times while whistling "Yankee Doodle", but nothing seems to work.

Sponsored

Fast64Ranchero

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted 96 F150, 65 Mustang, 2021 R3
Thanks for the info. I can't get my boy to wear a seat belt so this will help when my truck comes in... before you seat belt nannies throw a fit, my Boy is a 65lb Eng. Bulldog

JohnDLG

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Since this is where the seatbelt experts hang out...

I have a Hybrid XL. I always buckle my seatbelt before starting the truck. Nevertheless a graphic appears in the instrument panel display showing all of the seats; I must press OK to make it go away.

I don't need to be reminded to fasten my seatbelt which is already fastened - I want my display to show the odometer so I can reset trip gas mileage etc and be on my way.

I've tried everything I could think of to make the warning disappear, like buckling and unbuckling twenty times while whistling "Yankee Doodle", but nothing seems to work.
Did anyone figure this out? I don't mind the notice but ideally it should go away after everyone buckles up, at lest that how it works in my Ranger.

mesajoejoe

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did anyone figure this out? I don't mind the notice but ideally it should go away after everyone buckles up, at lest that how it works in my Ranger.
This thing is annoying and actually hinders the ability to change drive mode while it's up. So I have to manually hit ok 2 or three times for all the popups and then I can change the drive mode. Absolutely unecessary.

Cruzer01

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would also like to know the solution to this annoying reminder. Thanks to the great minds here solving daily issues and improving our daily commutes.

Reactions: Cad

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
good info here. On my Gen 2 Tacoma I actually had to take to the dealer and get them to access the ECU to do this

Sponsored
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick; shadow 750
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OCD much?

You people whine, fret and obsess over the stupidest fucking shit.
A little bit
Buti spend so much time in my truck everyday, sometimes without being buckled in for whatever reason (not during actual driving) that yeah it gets really annoying

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has anyone figured out how to disable the seat belt chime for a non-Lariat?
Yes, I have read the posts here. Like others, the seat belt indicator always stays lit.
Thanks!
Sponsored