First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat Lux - received 10/28/2
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have had my Hybrid Lariat with Lux Package, since 10/28/22. Recently, I was informed by another vehicle's driver that my tail lights were not working. This was after dark. I pulled over and checked, and the tail lights were off, but the brake lights and turn signal lights worked properly. I turned everything off, and back on, and the problem went away. Another time, it was similar, but only the passenger side was acting like this. Again, turning off and on restored everything to normal.

I'm taking it in for service today, but hoping that if anyone else has had this issue, and had it repaired, they will comment on what the cause was.
Sponsored

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
strange. maybe electrical short or ground. have you changed bulbs or anything in that area?

OP
OP

HS DAN

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The dealer's service department was able to recreate the problem!
After various tests they found that the BCM (Body Control Module) was defective. They ordered the part, but do not know how long it will take to get it. Offered me to leave it and use a loaner, or drive it, being careful to check when night driving. I didn't want to part with it!
I will add detail when the part arrives and is replaced.

I hope that if anyone else has this issue, this post may help get theirs fixed quickly.

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

GlennTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid, 2016 HD Heritage Classic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My left rear lights do the same thing. I was thinking it was a problem with the switch. Glad you posted... Thanks

PLG

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
P-L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 xlt mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
same problem here , it always do it in auto mode

Ford Maverick Problems with tail lights 323122419_539819671501808_7310334793543872914_

Swampfox43

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Area 51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just started having the same problem. Switching from auto to off back on switches the passenger taillight back on. As soon as I push brakes, it turns back off.

OP
OP

HS DAN

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Feb 8 they installed the parts and all seems fine now. I've only driven it once, but the brakes are now as normal as any vehicle. The tail lights also seem to be fixed, although it's only been a day.
I hope this explanation might help others who may have these issues. It took a while for the dealer to get the parts, but with today's supply chain issues, I'm not complaining.
In summary, the tail light issue was fixed by changing out the BCM (Body Control Module), and the brake grabbing issue involved changing the EGR valve and of course some reprogramming for both issues.

Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
and the brake grabbing issue involved changing the EGR valve and of course some reprogramming for both issues.
I wonder how much it's cutting into Ford's bottom line all of these dealers being unable to read a TSB properly and replacing DPFE sensors they don't need to....

Cruzer01

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Repairs done and both issues fixed. No more grabby brakes and tail lights working properly!
Hello, I'm having the same issue with my passenger side tail light frequently not working. Turning the light knob turns it back on. I created a new thread not knowing this one is out here but @Ford has replied requesting vin and dealer info. I hope they will help me resolve this issue. Thanks all for posting.

DRJEFF911

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I thought I was the only one having the same exact problem. Right rear tailight will not come on in AUTO mode. I need to switch to manual lights on then back to auto and it seems to work.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The dealer's service department was able to recreate the problem!
After various tests they found that the BCM (Body Control Module) was defective. They ordered the part, but do not know how long it will take to get it. Offered me to leave it and use a loaner, or drive it, being careful to check when night driving. I didn't want to part with it!
I will add detail when the part arrives and is replaced.

I hope that if anyone else has this issue, this post may help get theirs fixed quickly.
So you didn't take them up on a loaner?
Sponsored