2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

2023 hybrid, xlt. Cold climate. 7,500mi/12,000km.

Found a bit of moisture in both tail lights. Stock, never had the bulbs out, no power car washes.

Just a heads-up for others. I'll pull the assemblies and check it out further when the weather warms up.

Sponsored

CurtisB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Definitely a seal issue. Take it to the dealer.

dalesworld

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you have a warm day followed by a subfreezing plunge in temp? Been happening a lot in the northeast this winter.

OP
OP
KDay

KDay

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Did you have a warm day followed by a subfreezing plunge in temp? Been happening a lot in the northeast this winter.
Yes. Fairly large temp swings this month.

CurtisB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Here in SoCal, ever since December of 2023 we have had LOTS of rain are cold! All the lakes and damms across the state are full! Lakes that have been dried up for decades are now full. All mountains up and down the state have received record snow packs. Rains 3 days, clear 2 days, rains 3 days, clear 2 days. Ever since December 2023!

Sponsored

CurtisB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

No leaks in my tailights...........forgot to add that to my diatribe............LoL

Oscarcat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Lariat, Lexus NX 300 Chrysler PT Cruiser 5 spd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here in SoCal, ever since December of 2023 we have had LOTS of rain are cold! All the lakes and damms across the state are full! Lakes that have been dried up for decades are now full. All mountains up and down the state have received record snow packs. Rains 3 days, clear 2 days, rains 3 days, clear 2 days. Ever since December 2023!
True! In fact at 9am Sunday as I write this, it is chilly and raining in what is called a coastal desert climate. I plan to add a plastic cover behind the rear wheels so water doesn't come out under my tail lights.. I am just waiting for Mabett or someone to sell a plastic one.

CurtisB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

That freak storm we got last week with the thunder, lightning and hail was weird! Blew through in just 2 hours!!

CurtisB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

True! In fact at 9am Sunday as I write this, it is chilly and raining in what is called a coastal desert climate. I plan to add a plastic cover behind the rear wheels so water doesn't come out under my tail lights.. I am just waiting for Mabett or someone to sell a plastic one.
By the way, white was my second choice as I like how you can accent black details more clearly with it.

wvpc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6, 1999 Mazda Miata.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Page 93 owner manual says:
HEADLAMPS – TROUBLESHOOTING HEADLAMPS – FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS Why is there condensation in the headlamps? • Headlamps have vents to accommodate normal changes in air pressure. Condensation can be a natural by-product of this design. When moist air enters the lamp assembly through the vents, there is a possibility that condensation can occur when the temperature is cold. When normal condensation occurs, a fine mist can form on the interior of the lens. The fine mist eventually clears and exits through the vents during normal operation. How much condensation is acceptable? • The presence of a fine mist, for example no streaks, drip marks or large droplets. A fine mist covers less than 50% of the lens.

I would have to guess the tailights are similar to the headlamps.

OP
OP
KDay

KDay

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Page 93 owner manual says:
HEADLAMPS – TROUBLESHOOTING HEADLAMPS – FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS Why is there condensation in the headlamps? • Headlamps have vents to accommodate normal changes in air pressure. Condensation can be a natural by-product of this design. When moist air enters the lamp assembly through the vents, there is a possibility that condensation can occur when the temperature is cold. When normal condensation occurs, a fine mist can form on the interior of the lens. The fine mist eventually clears and exits through the vents during normal operation. How much condensation is acceptable? • The presence of a fine mist, for example no streaks, drip marks or large droplets. A fine mist covers less than 50% of the lens.

I would have to guess the tailights are similar to the headlamps.
Thank you... I bet you're right.
Sponsored