Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

OK, Ford offers price protection on all orders within a model year against increases. I ordered my truck at a price level 315, and the sticker at delivery was price level 330. I called Ford CS, and they confirmed I was eligible to lock the September 22 pricing in on my 23 order, since it was a 23 order and I ordered and was completing the purchase. Salesman new nothing about Price protection, so I figured the Finance manager must be able to enter it. Nope. :confused:

He says, "well we have to charge what's on the sticker on Mavericks" "I've never heard of price protection, and we have no guarantee Ford will honor that" I showed him the printout from Ford where Ford says they guarantee it. He said he doesn't know where to begin on this. But he was able to enter my Farm Bureau $500 rebate. I asked him how long he was there, and he said 4 months. At this point, I told him I'll get this fixed Monday. Call Ford again, and they confirm that the dealer must complete the request. :mad:

Call the General manager, and get put through to a voice mail that won't accept a message. Call back, and say the voice mail is not working. She tells me to hold on that she is with a customer now. She takes the message, and an hour later I get a call back from the General Manager. I mention that the finance manager did not know how to obtain the price protection. He asks "what's price protection"? o_O So I explain well I ordered the 2023 in September at a price level 315, and the window sticker printed at price level 330, and that Ford protects the ordered price within a model year as long as the original customer buys it. Then the General Manager asks What are price levels? I about fell on the floor.

I know they changed most of the staff this year, but it's CRAZY when I know more than them about Ford's policies. He said he will call the regional rep and get back to me. I am bewildered that no one at the dealer knows these things. The Salesman I understand. But the Finance Manager and General Manager? WTF. This may be my last purchase from them.

And The sales manager says if we give all 5 stars to the dealer survey, I'll get a free set of all-weather mats. Well, If they can't figure out how to activate the price protection, they can shove the mats! I care about my $500 difference. Rant off.
Sponsored

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
sorry your dealer sucks

OP
OP
LSchicago

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OK, Ford offers price protection on all orders within a model year against increases. I ordered my truck at a price level 315, and the sticker at delivery was price level 330. I called Ford CS, and they confirmed I was eligible to lock the September 22 pricing in on my 23 order, since it was a 23 order and I ordered and was completing the purchase. Salesman new nothing about Price protection, so I figured the Finance manager must be able to enter it. Nope. :confused:

He says, "well we have to charge what's on the sticker on Mavericks" "I've never heard of price protection, and we have no guarantee Ford will honor that" I showed him the printout from Ford where Ford says they guarantee it. He said he doesn't know where to begin on this. But he was able to enter my Farm Bureau $500 rebate. I asked him how long he was there, and he said 4 months. At this point, I told him I'll get this fixed Monday. Call Ford again, and they confirm that the dealer must complete the request. :mad:

Call the General manager, and get put through to a voice mail that won't accept a message. Call back, and say the voice mail is not working. She tells me to hold on that she is with a customer now. She takes the message, and an hour later I get a call back from the General Manager. I mention that the finance manager did not know how to obtain the price protection. He asks "what's price protection"? o_O So I explain well I ordered the 2023 in September at a price level 315, and the window sticker printed at price level 330, and that Ford protects the ordered price within a model year as long as the original customer buys it. Then the General Manager asks What are price levels? I about fell on the floor.

I know they changed most of the staff this year, but it's CRAZY when I know more than them about Ford's policies. He said he will call the regional rep and get back to me. I am bewildered that no one at the dealer knows these things. The Salesman I understand. But the Finance Manager and General Manager? WTF. This may be my last purchase from them.

And The sales manager says if we give all 5 stars to the dealer survey, I'll get a free set of all-weather mats. Well, If they can't figure out how to activate the price protection, they can shove the mats! I care about my $500 difference. Rant off.
Price protection is technically price protection of the dealer's invoice cost. It was designed so that the dealer can honor their original deal with the customer, but the dealer is not required to pass this on to the customer.
Some dealers offer it automatically. Some need to be reminded. Some refuse to do so.

The dealer no longer has to do anything to get price protection from Ford. It is supposed to be automatic. Ford will pay the dealer the difference in the two invoice prices (ignoring any difference in the fuel charge), about 45 days after the vehicle is reported sold (if the information from the sale matches with what was entered when the retail order was entered into WBDO).

I work at a small dealership. Ford has (surprisingly often) shorted us on the price protection amount. The dealer can fight and argue, but it does no good. I can't imagine someone at the dealership doesn't understand price protection. They may be leery because Ford has failed to pay them in the past. Or (more likely), they are playing dumb to get more profit.

Some dealers will agree to send the price protection amount after the fact, whatever Ford actually sends them. But it doesn't sound like your dealership would be willing to do this either.

Oscarcat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Lariat, Lexus NX 300 Chrysler PT Cruiser 5 spd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Price protection is technically price protection of the dealer's invoice cost. It was designed so that the dealer can honor their original deal with the customer, but the dealer is not required to pass this on to the customer.
Some dealers offer it automatically. Some need to be reminded. Some refuse to do so.

The dealer no longer has to do anything to get price protection from Ford. It is supposed to be automatic. Ford will pay the dealer the difference in the two invoice prices (ignoring any difference in the fuel charge), about 45 days after the vehicle is reported sold (if the information from the sale matches with what was entered when the retail order was entered into WBDO).

I work at a small dealership. Ford has (surprisingly often) shorted us on the price protection amount. The dealer can fight and argue, but it does no good. I can't imagine someone at the dealership doesn't understand price protection. They may be leery because Ford has failed to pay them in the past. Or (more likely), they are playing dumb to get more profit.

Some dealers will agree to send the price protection amount after the fact, whatever Ford actually sends them. But it doesn't sound like your dealership would be willing to do this either.
That's sounds on par with dealing with the IRS. Do you know, is there a form I can process or fill out in advance or give to my dealer as I am in a similar situtation as the original poster: I placed my order for a '23 Mav in Sept '17, 2022; my '23 didn't get built and I just got an email with a VIN saying it will be built the week of October 16, 2023 as a '24 Mav. A few weeks back someone posted a copy of Ford's price protection amounts for each trim level on this site. From everything I read about price protection previously, I inferred the money went directly to the customer. This is the first time I am hearing it goes to the dealer and it is up to the dealer to pass it on to the customer. Ugh!

Sponsored

OP
OP
LSchicago

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

That's sounds on par with dealing with the IRS. Do you know, is there a form I can process or fill out in advance or give to my dealer as I am in a similar situtation as the original poster: I placed my order for a '23 Mav in Sept '17, 2022; my '23 didn't get built and I just got an email with a VIN saying it will be built the week of October 16, 2023 as a '24 Mav. A few weeks back someone posted a copy of Ford's price protection amounts for each trim level on this site. From everything I read about price protection previously, I inferred the money went directly to the customer. This is the first time I am hearing it goes to the dealer and it is up to the dealer to pass it on to the customer. Ugh!
I was told by Ford CS the check comes to the dealer, but in the customer's name.

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No, nothing you can fill out. You'll just have to ask them ahead of time if they're willing to extend the price protection to you.

Oh, and you are getting a 24. So no price protection for that (since you'll certainly be invoiced at the initial pricing level for 24MY Mav).

You should get the model year transition private offer for that. Your dealer can check and see if it is showing for you.

Fibrepunk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here is a link to Tim's Youtube video on price protection, maybe you can send that to your dealer.

It starts roughly at the 56 mins mark.

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here is a link to Tim's Youtube video on price protection, maybe you can send that to your dealer.

It starts roughly at the 56 mins mark.
Some dealerships know what they're doing and others have problems finding the light switch at 8am. Shopping for a competent dealers and developing a rapport is as important as the purchasing, servicing and parts procurement functions a consumer like me wants without the games dealers like to play with relative strangers.

Sponsored
OP
OP
LSchicago

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Some dealerships know what they're doing and others have problems finding the light switch at 8am. Shopping for a competent dealers and developing a rapport is as important as the purchasing, servicing and parts procurement functions a consumer like me wants without the games dealers like to play with relative strangers.
They were great, until management decided they needed to change everyone! New crew has no clue.

mlj427

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered a 23 Maverick XLT, Silverado, Town Car,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We picked up our sons hybrid Saturday and they said there was no price protection. We ordered in September 22 at $28500 but was delivered at $29475 sticker. Who do you call at Ford to see if there is anything they can do?

OP
OP
LSchicago

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

We picked up our sons hybrid Saturday and they said there was no price protection. We ordered in September 22 at $28500 but was delivered at $29475 sticker. Who do you call at Ford to see if there is anything they can do?
Ford says the dealer has to do it. Dealers are greedy, and lazy.

Jraoffroad

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F150, 2001 F350 Diesel Dually, 2019 Kia Soul
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had to tell my salesman they needed to go into smart vincent and mark protection date. They did and honored the original price even though Ford would not. (No price protection with X plan it appeared.)
Sponsored