Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eccboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Picked up my Maverick today. Placed the order 8 months ago. I asked them about the price protection. They were not sure how to handle it. Would not know until next week. I paid the revised pricing which was $890 above my original DORA pricing. Was the dealership suppose to adjust the purchase price to the original price or will they send me a refund check for the $890, when they get the credit back from Ford?
Sponsored

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
They were supposed to go into the system and set the sale with a protection date of your original order. You were supposed to be charged the original price and then the dealer would be refunded the difference from Ford corporate. Tim Bartz has gone over it a bunch of times in his videos but most sales/F&I guys don't have a clue or just don't care unlike Tim. There are too many videos from him to find it but if you search through some of his videos you should be able to see, he even shows the screen in his videos of what it looks like on their end.

OP
OP

Bkonick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eccboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

They were supposed to go into the system and set the sale with a protection date of your original order. You were supposed to be charged the original price and then the dealer would be refunded the difference from Ford corporate. Tim Bartz has gone over it a bunch of times in his videos but most sales/F&I guys don't have a clue or just don't care unlike Tim. There are too many videos from him to find it but if you search through some of his videos you should be able to see, he even shows the screen in his videos of what it looks like on their end.
Thank you

Milous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Alto Blu, LUX, Sunroof, delivered 3/18/22
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
...Was the dealership suppose to adjust the purchase price to the original price...
It's hard to believe that there are dealers out there who are not aware of price protection for customer orders. I believe Tim said that said program started back in 2016. Unless of course they are just playing dumb and hope that you will forget about it.

Print out the attached documents and take them to your dealer. All your dealer has to do is log in to their "Smart Vincent" system. They would select "Protection date" which would guarantee pricing effective on the day that you originally ordered your Maverick (and also the finance rate at that time if financing via Ford)..

I would do this asap, not sure about Ford, but some manufacturers set a certain amount of time in which the price protection must be applied for.

And don't let them tell you that the price protection had to be done when you signed your paperwork for delivery! Be firm if necessary.

Attachments

Sponsored

Mrdon2022maverick

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
It's hard to believe that there are dealers out there who are not aware of price protection for customer orders. I believe Tim said that said program started back in 2016. Unless of course they are just playing dumb and hope that you will forget about it.

Print out the attached documents and take them to your dealer. All your dealer has to do is log in to their "Smart Vincent" system. They would select "Protection date" which would guarantee pricing effective on the day that you originally ordered your Maverick (and also the finance rate at that time if financing via Ford)..

I would do this asap, not sure about Ford, but some manufacturers set a certain amount of time in which the price protection must be applied for.

And don't let them tell you that the price protection had to be done when you signed your paperwork for delivery! Be firm if necessary.
Did Ford extended the Price Protection for buyers up till they closed new orders? Jan 27th?

NNJGUY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Matrix
Picked up my Maverick today. Placed the order 8 months ago. I asked them about the price protection. They were not sure how to handle it. Would not know until next week. I paid the revised pricing which was $890 above my original DORA pricing. Was the dealership suppose to adjust the purchase price to the original price or will they send me a refund check for the $890, when they get the credit back from Ford?

Link to Tim Bartz at Long McArthur Ford on price protection

NNJGUY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Matrix

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did Ford extended the Price Protection for buyers up till they closed new orders? Jan 27th?
For orders confirmed prior to the announced price increases (around Christmas time), price protection applies. Subsequent to that, until the books were closed in late January on orders, there's nothing to protect - what you ordered is what you pay.

Poizon_iv_19

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Just got charged the increase. Wasnā€™t throwing hissy fit but I was asking serious questions. My next maverick is gonna be much higher and it will matter to me then. Now itā€™s only 110$. He asked me to leave when I Simply asked if he recieved the ford memo about the price protection. Picked up my folder and said ā€œIā€™m not doing thisā€. I said ā€œweā€™re buying this truckā€ and he said ā€œI donā€™t want to sell it to you now ā€œ. I then told him ā€œyou canā€™t sell this truck if I donā€™t turn it downā€. He said ā€œit can sit in my lot for all I careā€. Wow. Just wow

Sponsored

newaukumgolfer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
My Dealer took care of it just like the $750 cash rebate code ford sent me I paid the original MRSP 8/3/21 price less $750 was 1650 under the window sticker that came on my Truck :)
Sponsored