First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat Lux - received 10/28/2
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I ordered in Oct 2021, Maverick's were at their original prices. A few months later, when Ford raised prices, supposedly ALL ORDERS placed prior to that change would be price protected back to original agreed upon pricing. When I picked up my Lariat Lux in October 2022, the sales manager denied price protection and charged the increased price, which was $1,890 higher.
He said if Ford honored the original pricing, I would get a refund in 75 - 90 days. It's been since end October and no refund and the only feedback I can get is he will investigate and get back to me.
Crickets!
Has anyone else encountered this, and how did you fight it?
I love the truck, but the lie and denial is something that I cannot accept.
Success stories would be appreciated.
Sponsored

martyi48

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Typical of dealers. I ordered a Lariat in June 2021 when the order banks first opened. No one knew back then how popular these Mavericks would become so I got the truck for almost $2500 under msrp. It was finally delivered in September 2022! I did everything by internet and never met the salesman, finance man and Sales Manager but I spoke with them over the phone and had emails from all of them. I thought I had a deal although no one signed the actual order form they sent me and I thought nothing of it.

During the 15 months between order and delivery, all those employees left the dealership. When the truck was delivered no one there knew me at all. When the truck was delivered the new sales manager said he had to have msrp at least, that was the best he could do. I raised all kinds of hell but he said he could not agree to what his predecessor promised and he would not budge from that. I mentioned price protection and he said he would honor it IF Ford ever sent him the check. Since msrp was a good deal at that time I reluctantly accepted, hoping the dealer would honor price protection. At this time Mavericks were selling for many thousands of dollars over msrp so I figured I would flip it and make a few easy bucks. As it turned out, I love the truck and have no intention of selling it now.

A couple months later a nice $2362 check from the dealer appeared in my mail box. They kept their word. Unless the dealer keeps their word about price protection you will have no way of knowing if Ford sent them the check. I doubt there is anyone at Ford authorized to disclose this payment to the dealer but you could try to find out. If the dealers are dishonest, they can simply tell you they never received the payment from Ford and they can tell you that for months on end until you just forget about it, all the while they have pocketed the money. Just keep badgering them and maybe you will wear them down. I don't know what else you can do. Good luck.