First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Porsche Macan
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Picking up my Maverick tomorrow. Asked my salesman “internet sales manager” last week about Price Protection he is saying Ford is not giving price protection on Maverick as it’s a low profit model, only available on Mach e and Bronco. Sent him YouTube of Tim B to educate to no avail. Says I can call Ford. Offered zero% for 36 months as ordered in August. Seems like I’m being ripped off for $900. Should I just bite the the bullet?
Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Picking up my Maverick tomorrow. Asked my salesman “internet sales manager” last week about Price Protection he is saying Ford is not giving price protection on Maverick as it’s a low profit model, only available on Mach e and Bronco. Sent him YouTube of Tim B to educate to no avail. Says I can call Ford. Offered zero% for 36 months as ordered in August. Seems like I’m being ripped off for $900. Should I just bite the the bullet?
so you were offered the same 0%/36 months as when you ordered it- but think you are getting ripped off because the sales Monkey told you a fib about Ford not offering price protection? What am I missing here?:confused:

OP
OP

Stratbeau

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
so you were offered the same 0%/36 months as when you ordered it- but think you are getting ripped off because the sales Monkey told you a fib about Ford not offering price protection? What am I missing here?:confused:
I believe I’m eligible for both. Does 0%/36 exclude you from price protection?

NewBernWolf

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sales people may or may not know anything about Maverick price protection and 0% interest rate. Finance people at the dealership should definitely know about it. Try throwing out the term Smart Vincent, and someone there should know what that means.

Sponsored

inthecabin

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

See tomorrow what happens.

landscpdesgnr

First Name
liz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2022 Mav XLT Lux CP360 & Ford Fusion 2014
Your 1st mistake was asking. You TELL them you have price protection & the finance deal from when you ordered. They are used to pushing around people, if you come out business like & stern, w your facts lined up you start off on top of this issue. Email them tonight a PDF copy of the above doc w Ford Price Protection and find the doc here for finance protection & pdf that, send both w your stern business email. You make them aware you have your shit in order and what you want and that you have docs to back up what you should be getting per Ford. CC the sales manager (this email was on my Ford tracker page) & GM while you are at it. I sent an email 2 days before truck arrived at dealer w those docs attached to the mentioned people and took in copies also (which they took and attached to my paperwk) we got all we wanted not a single no.

Then formulate what happens if they still refuse but according to Ford these are what we are supposed to be given.

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Your 1st mistake was asking. You TELL them you have price protection & the finance deal from when you ordered. They are used to pushing around people, if you come out business like & stern, w your facts lined up you start off on top of this issue. Email them tonight a PDF copy of the above doc w Ford Price Protection and find the doc here for finance protection & pdf that, send both w your stern business email. You make them aware you have your shit in order and what you want and that you have docs to back up what you should be getting per Ford. CC the sales manager (this email was on my Ford tracker page) & GM while you are at it. I sent an email 2 days before truck arrived at dealer w those docs attached to the mentioned people and took in copies also (which they took and attached to my paperwk) we got all we wanted not a single no.

Then formulate what happens if they still refuse but according to Ford these are what we are supposed to be given.
You could make a lot of money in certain “businesses” in northeastern New Jersey.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Stratbeau

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I’m confident with all the great advise/intel gathered through MTC I won’t be taken advantage of. Not my first rodeo.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Don’t think it’s the bullet you need to bite!

Dochatley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, 2024 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Some of these dealers will still tell you to go F yourself. Ford MC is not being that protective of their customers when it comes to these unscrupulous dealers. Better to be nice but firm and present your evidence why you get price protection. If that fails, try Mama Ford. You won’t get crap demanding they do this and that.

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I believe I’m eligible for both. Does 0%/36 exclude you from price protection?
They are two separate things. Price protection and incentive protection. Incentive protection is easy. You should certainly insist on that.

Price protection should also apply...but the info from Ford to dealers about this is not as good.

You should get both, but will probably find it easier to get the incentive protection.
Sponsored