First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Equinox
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I plan to keep mu Mav for as long as possible, expect 8-10 years. My truck also is out in the Georgia sun all day. So I have been looking into PPF. Especially before I have too much wear on it, only at 1200 miles on it because I had to do a work trip right after getting it.

One local company quoted $6200 for full truck PPF with Xpel
Another slightly further will not only do PPF but full Ceramic tint for $5700 with Suntek films.

What's everyone's opinion, worth it, what's better, anyone examples of it being done?

Ford Maverick PPF - Is it worth it? 20221105_134652
Sponsored

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wonder if you're better off putting that $6,000 in the bank, and using it to buy a new Maverick in 3 years? That $6,000 would probably account for a good portion (or all) of the depreciation? Three years from now, would you rather have a shiny 2022 Maverick or a shiny 2026 Maverick for essentially the same money?

You'll get a lot of different paint opinions here. It's all personal. Some like me could care less - my red 2010 Ranger sat in the sun for 12 years and looked like a well-used football when I traded it. Others take a lot of personal pride in a good looking ride, and it's more than worth it to them. It's what you personally value - no wrong answer here.

Joe Mac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350 F250 Super Duty
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wonder if you're better off putting that $6,000 in the bank, and using it to buy a new Maverick in 3 years? That $6,000 would probably account for a good portion (or all) of the depreciation? Three years from now, would you rather have a shiny 2022 Maverick or a shiny 2026 Maverick for essentially the same money?

You'll get a lot of different paint opinions here. It's all personal. Some like me could care less - my red 2010 Ranger sat in the sun for 12 years and looked like a well-used football when I traded it. Others take a lot of personal pride in a good looking ride, and it's more than worth it to them. It's what you personally value - no wrong answer here.
I have PPF on the front end on my Shelby and It was well worth it. I paid $800.
I can't think of any reason to do the whole truck. You could repaint the truck for 6 grand.

All4spl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well first PPF is going to give some UV protection but its not a 100% so it will not prevent all fading of the paint. PPFs main purpose is to provide protection from things a ceramic coating will not. Such as small rocks, dings and scratches. The ceramic coating and/or wax/sealant will give you UV protection as well as hydrophobic properties to the surface.

Value for money is something YOU will have to determine. If you are using the truck for work etc, then you MIGHT be able to write it off as an expense. If you are doing a lot of highway driving then I could see a huge benefit to having the whole front end done in PPF and then ceramic coating the whole truck. That would probably be a good compromise and be a bit more affordable.

Sponsored

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Put that 6K in your 401 in 10 years it will nearly double. Hand wax the Maverick once a year for $10. I hand waxed my 2004 Taurus once in the spring & again in fall & 18 years later no rust on the body, we have mild winters, but excessive amounts of road salt are spread on the roads.

jdmancus

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick LARIAT AWD, 97 Toyota 4 Runner
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I plan to keep mu Mav for as long as possible, expect 8-10 years. My truck also is out in the Georgia sun all day. So I have been looking into PPF. Especially before I have too much wear on it, only at 1200 miles on it because I had to do a work trip right after getting it.

One local company quoted $6200 for full truck PPF with Xpel
Another slightly further will not only do PPF but full Ceramic tint for $5700 with Suntek films.

What's everyone's opinion, worth it, what's better, anyone examples of it being done?

20221105_134652.jpg
So I did the PPF for the purpose of protecting the front end from road debris. I had the front section of the hood, bumper, top of the roof, a-pillars and the door step in area. I'd agree save the 6k.

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Where it does the most good is the leading edge of the hood, front end, and skull caps on your side view mirrors if you have painted ones. Maybe a small strip above the windshield. I wouldn't do anything else.

Sponsored

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
PPF isn't that hard to do. You can do portion of the Maverick like hood, top of the truck and front bumper. This would cost you around $200 plus time and labor. I'm planning on wrapping my Maverick in Seran wrap or PPF if weather permits next week. Only gonna do the front bumper and headlights as test to see how they hold up.

Saul T Knutz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Crown Victoria
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've seen something done somewhere that you may or may not want to do...sometimes when people transport cars they put blue painter's tape on the front end of the vehicle to protect against rock chips and debris...just something I remembered

Goosey

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did the front of my mustang in XPEL. It held up pretty well in the last 5 years but it doesn't get driven daily. I would do the front if anything on the Mav but honestly i'd just keep it the way it is and save the grand or so to get the front sprayed again later.

Its a cheap truck, my plan is just to drive it and let any rock chips happen.

Chicago Mike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shadow Black Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have PPF on front end, mirrors and door cups. Much worth it IMO. I used Tint world, they are a national chain. They do excellent work. Any issues they remove their work and start over. I paid under 500 for all, but had coupon from their opening date and credit from a couple referrals.

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I decided against it and I am on tight forest service roads with bushes on both sides quite often.

$6000 to wrap a 35k vehicle just doesn't pencil out. It's like wrapping a Focus or Camry.
Sponsored