Sponsored

Planned purchases / mods for your Maverick?

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hard roll-up bed cover, preferably a Bak Revolver x2/x4. I didn't order the OEM one because I haven't seen it and I want to see what aftermarket options come up.
From the images we've seen of a Velocity Blue Maverick sporting a factory hard rollup I believe the OE option is a Revolver.

Fakegrownup

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Ecoboost AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not fun or exciting but:

1. Winter tires and wheels . I've never had them before, but I'm old enough to realize it's a worthwhile investment (and, you know, effectively stopping in the snow seems worth it).

2. A roll up tonneau. I'm happy with a 4.5' bed, but not keen on losing access to 1/3rd of it with a tri-fold.

CLH917

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’ll have to see the FX4 Pirelli tires to determine if I can live with them. If not, 235 Wildpeaks and window tint will be first up. Never had a tonneau cover before but feel one may be useful for the first time. I walked a large dealer showroom last week and they had installed various covers on most every truck. The roll up hard cover was my favorite but I fear it may rattle. The tri-fold was blazing hot in the sun.
The Pirelli’s are rather pitiful. First on my list will be an upsized (245/65) set of Wildpeak tires.

Sponsored

Itsturbotommy

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST, Supercharged Tahoe
I LOVE the plastic 2x4 idea! I plan on doing a tune, lowering springs/coilovers and wheels as things start coming out.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Got an auto-dimming rear mirror and a set of Nokian Rotiiva tires to replace the hybrid all-seasons just in time for WNY winter. Will grab some aftermarket 17" rims to mount them on or find someone to trade the Lariat wheels for. Hopefully some lower profile aftermarket splashguards come out. FordPass points are likely going towards all-weather floor mats, black tailgate lettering, and possibly a tonneau cover if Ford sells a hard rollup other than the factory REV/BAK ones like a TruXedo Sentry.
I read in that Ford pamphlet that was posted yesterday that the maverick has day/night mirrors - I wonder if that means auto dimming? Probably not, but it isn't clear anyway!

Wire4money

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler
Engine
Undecided
I read in that Ford pamphlet that was posted yesterday that the maverick has day/night mirrors - I wonder if that means auto dimming? Probably not, but it isn't clear anyway!
No. Old school flipper on mirror.

Sponsored

Preaky241

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Starting with a XL with spray-in bed liner and nothing else:

1. Quality Rims/Wheels ($600)
2. Front and rear proximity/parking sensors ($250)
3. USB to Wireless Android Auto adapter ($125)
4. Front car seat covers ($100)
5. Tailgate Damper ($50)
6. Full Synthetic Oil and filter change ($60)

todzilla- -

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
I now want the rubber 2x4s that TerryE posted about 😂 and black wheels (stock size or even 18s).

Down

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick/02 Z06 Vette
the best bed mat that I have put in my pickups is the rubber horse mat for horse stalls at Tractor Supply.
I've never had a truck before but I do have a gym in my garage that uses stall mats for flooring and LOVE them. And at $45-$50? So cheap to try, I'll def give one whirl for a bed mat.

DavidS

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Kia Forte
Seriously, though, the first thing will be a set of good quality, fitted seat covers. I've got children and there's no way they're getting in my Maverick without some sacrificial fabric under them.
Sponsored