Sponsored

Planned purchases / mods for your Maverick?

ThatWretchCasey

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What is something useful or fun you have purchased for other vehicles you've owned, or something specific you're looking at getting for the Maverick?
Sponsored

TerryE

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Last edited:

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got an auto-dimming rear mirror and a set of Nokian Rotiiva tires to replace the hybrid all-seasons just in time for WNY winter. Will grab some aftermarket 17" rims to mount them on or find someone to trade the Lariat wheels for. Hopefully some lower profile aftermarket splashguards come out. FordPass points are likely going towards all-weather floor mats, black tailgate lettering, and possibly a tonneau cover if Ford sells a hard rollup other than the factory REV/BAK ones like a TruXedo Sentry.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Got an auto-dimming rear mirror and a set of Nokian Rotiiva tires to replace the hybrid all-seasons just in time for WNY winter. Will grab some aftermarket 17" rims to mount them on or find someone to trade the Lariat wheels for. Hopefully some lower profile aftermarket splashguards come out. FordPass points are likely going towards all-weather floor mats, black tailgate lettering, and possibly a tonneau cover if Ford sells a hard rollup other than the factory REV/BAK ones like a TruXedo Sentry.
I read in that Ford pamphlet that was posted yesterday that the maverick has day/night mirrors - I wonder if that means auto dimming? Probably not, but it isn't clear anyway!

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I read in that Ford pamphlet that was posted yesterday that the maverick has day/night mirrors - I wonder if that means auto dimming? Probably not, but it isn't clear anyway!
Day/night is just the flip switch at the bottom of the mirror.

Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It would be nice if the Lariat at least came with auto dimming rearview and even better sideview like my Fusion has. Which reminds me to also add to the list blind spot mirrors or possibly order OEM non-BLIS mirrors that have them built in.

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If I stick with my order as-is (Carbonized Gray First Edition with the black accents), two of my first purchases after build will be a set of Falken Wildpeak A/T Trail or winter-specific tires and a set of black/silver Ford emblems.

starquestbd22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Floor liners as soon as they're available. Have tried Maxliner, Weathertech, and Ford OEM but the Husky Liners in my Ranger are my favorite out of all of those. Window visors...hopefully low profile. Rubber bed mat and maybe not right away but eventually, a spray-in. Ceramic window tint.

SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma 🌮
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If I stick with my order as-is (Carbonized Gray First Edition with the black accents), two of my first purchases after build will be a set of Falken Wildpeak A/T Trail or winter-specific tires and a set of black/silver Ford emblems.
Same, Wildpeaks on a Carbonized Gray Lariat w-lux. Also, ceramic tint on day 1, weathertech mats, hopefully a brushguard or bar, and a DIY ceramic coating or maybe paint protection film since I’ve read threads about Bronco Sports having paint chip issues.

Something to go in “the cubby.” 🤔

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same, Wildpeaks on a Carbonized Gray Lariat w-lux. Also, ceramic tint on day 1, weathertech mats, hopefully a brushguard or bar, and a DIY ceramic coating or maybe paint protection film since I’ve read threads about Bronco Sports having paint chip issues.

Something to go in “the cubby.” 🤔
Yep, I might go with a ceramic coating in the early days of ownership as well - I've seen those Bronco Sport comments about paint chipping too.

And that 🤔 emoji makes me laugh every time - almost no matter why it's used. 🤣

Sponsored

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Insurance

F1PRB22GA

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Shadow Black XL with rollup Tonneau

Black/silver Ford emblems
Spray-in bedliner
Black wheels to replace silver steel
Ceramic window tint

After OEM tires wear out, new 50/50 off-road/on-road tires

Pairof98s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ram 1500, 2020 4Runner
I’ll have to see the FX4 Pirelli tires to determine if I can live with them. If not, 235 Wildpeaks and window tint will be first up. Never had a tonneau cover before but feel one may be useful for the first time. I walked a large dealer showroom last week and they had installed various covers on most every truck. The roll up hard cover was my favorite but I fear it may rattle. The tri-fold was blazing hot in the sun.

DuaneM

First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500
Hard roll-up bed cover, preferably a Bak Revolver x2/x4. I didn't order the OEM one because I haven't seen it and I want to see what aftermarket options come up.
Sponsored