Sponsored

Planned purchases / mods for your Maverick?

bbacon05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Honda Element
I'm planning on window tint, auto-dimming mirror, & bedrug. I'll probably get lowering springs too when they become available.
Sponsored

vjp389

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
vinnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc terrain
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
agree but I ordered the soft cover

Milkaholics

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Pathfinder, Toyota Camry
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Seriously, though, the first thing will be a set of good quality, fitted seat covers. I've got children and there's no way they're getting in my Maverick without some sacrificial fabric under them.
Yeah that is what I am most wanting to get as well. I want the seats to last a long time, and need to protect them while my kids are young as well

SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma 🌮
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
All of you doing an auto-dimming rear view mirror, where are you getting it? Will one from a Ranger or something work? Thanks!

Jukebox Nero

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Maverick Lariat Alto Blue FX4 4k 2.0 EB
Yeah that is what I am most wanting to get as well. I want the seats to last a long time, and need to protect them while my kids are young as well
Young? Hell, we have a 29 year old I wouldn't trust to ride on uncovered seats.

Sponsored

Fish Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius LE, Ford F150
Every new vehicle I ever get get Weather tech floor mats.
Also full tinted windows all the way around. Maybe get the windshield polarized as well. Kind of pricey (like $275 by itself) but SO worth it, and my insurance will cover that too, every time I break a windshield, which is like every 18 months on average 😃 lol
And of course, I can't have a vehicle which I'm going to enjoy driving without a nice, sound quality stereo system. So I'm putting a lot of thought into that. Expecting to spend about $1200-1500 on that.

I really like the charcoal painted wheels on the XLT too. Even better than the ones on the Lariat. So won't waste money on wheels.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Hard roll-up bed cover, preferably a Bak Revolver x2/x4. I didn't order the OEM one because I haven't seen it and I want to see what aftermarket options come up.
I ordered the Hard Rollup. But I agree with your thought process. I considered the warranty and figured it would be better then an aftermarket. First time I have ever purchased a dealer tonneau cover. Hope it doesn't bite me.

Update:
Just asked dealer to delete Hard Rollup Tonneau from order. I'll wait to get what I want. Especially since I don't really like the Revolver Rollups.

Last edited:

Art Vandelay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You don’t enjoy hauling around a bed full of snow? Bah humbug!

I can definitely see that being necessary just from seeing those folks here. Apparently it’s a mess to get out if it stays below freezing.
Yeah it's really annoying to have to shovel out the bed especially when you get a foot or more of wet heavy snow. Then sometimes if you don't shovel it out right away and the temperature drops you get a bed of solid ice. Not fun. I cannot understand how anyone in the snow belt doesn't use some kind of bed cover in winter.

jimmy fitzwell

First Name
jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 pinto wagon, 67 olds 98
All of you doing an auto-dimming rear view mirror, where are you getting it? Will one from a Ranger or something work? Thanks!
I can flip the little lever on the rear view mirror fine. It's the side mirrors I'm concerned about. It seems like my F150 just has a film on the mirrors that does the trick. Does anyone know about this? What it is? Will the Mav have it? If not can I buy some?

Thanks guys and gals. LED headlights are driving me more nuts!

willdubbz

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Interested in auto-dimming as well. Does anybody know if the emblem sizes are the same as the Ranger? Was looking into swapping the stock ones with blacked out emblems.

Sponsored

zeketolliver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hyundai Tuscon NLine
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My main plan is to bump down to 17in rims on my hybrid lariat.

There are too many potholes in my world to continue deal with shorter tire walls.

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My main plan is to bump down to 17in rims on my hybrid lariat.

There are too many potholes in my world to continue deal with shorter tire walls.
You know, that's been in the back of my mind too, though likely not until years down the road....

danielmartinez20

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great idea! Probably cheaper than wood right now and lasts longer.
In my 1998 Ford Ranger SuperCab I had the Hard Drop-in bed liner (which I loved) I used severe weather pressure treated 2x6's. These lasted for the 16 years I had the truck.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
With Copilot 360 you might have to leave an untinted space in the windshield or the cameras may not function
The camera on the front windshield (behind the mirror) is on all Mavericks not just the ones who ordered the Co-Pilot360 package.

The camera is used for "Pre-collision Assist' and "Pedestrian Detection".
See pages 243 through 246 of the Maverick's Owner Manual.

Ford Maverick Planned purchases / mods for your Maverick? Pre-Collision Assist Sensors.JPG
Sponsored