Sponsored

Planned purchases / mods for your Maverick?

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Question, we have Sirius XM in my wife’s car and we use the app at home. Can I use the XM app through my Apple car play??.
It will actually sound better than Satellites. You will get more channels and the app works great with CarPlay.

wiseguy3501

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Same, Wildpeaks on a Carbonized Gray Lariat w-lux. Also, ceramic tint on day 1, weathertech mats, hopefully a brushguard or bar, and a DIY ceramic coating or maybe paint protection film since I’ve read threads about Bronco Sports having paint chip issues.

Something to go in “the cubby.” 🤔
Something like this?

Ford Maverick Planned purchases / mods for your Maverick? IMG_20210722_063347

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
1st thing will be paint correction then ceramic coating soon as I get it home. Will be a full day of work in the garage.

PPF film on 1/2 hood, front bumper, headlights, mirror caps and behind front and rear quarters panels for rock protection.

Ceramic tint on all windows including a strip across the top of the windshield.

Clear window tint on windshield since it will be a full time outside vehicle in the Florida sun

Switch to synthetic oil after 500-600 miles.

Factory splash guards molded front and rear

Once Weathertech or a similar company comes out with rain guards/Ventvisor for all 4 windows.

That’s it for now
With Copilot 360 you might have to leave an untinted space in the windshield or the cameras may not function

Sponsored

PapaNer

First Name
Ner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Veloster 2.0 Premium

PapaNer

First Name
Ner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a busy beginning as well:

Tint the windows (Takes 3 days before you can roll down usually, so going to get it done fast)
Sunshield
Dash Cam
Rubber 2x4 (from that second post, what a great idea!)
Color-matching 3D Printed accents for the cab (Matching Area51 to replace the orange accents in the cab)
A Ben Wyatt decal of him holding the Cones of Dunshire piece where he says, "I'm the Maverick"

SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma 🌮
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a busy beginning as well:
Dash Cam

A Ben Wyatt decal of him holding the Cones of Dunshire piece where he says, "I'm the Maverick"
Dash cam is a good one. Have one picked out? I’ve looked at them and always get overwhelmed by the options.

Ahhh, Parks & Rec… hilarious.
Ford Maverick Planned purchases / mods for your Maverick? 33731D7B-0C06-4DEA-A304-0F8730FD6BAC

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What size would you cut that into for dividing the bed? Or just plan to buy and then measure once you have it?
I see there is a 2x6 available so I'd definitely go with that over the 2x4 since it appears to be a better fit for the slots. I would cross my fingers that the total length needed comes under 48 inches so that 1 board can be used for 2 dividers!

Sitnbull

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford f-150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Try to find a place within 100 miles of Southern Maryland that does oil undercoating.

Sponsored

PapaNer

First Name
Ner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dash cam is a good one. Have one picked out? I’ve looked at them and always get overwhelmed by the options.
I've actually picked this one out: (Issue with the link, but on amazon:
Vantrue N2 Pro Uber Dual 1080P Dash Cam
)

Decent reviews and close to what I use at work, but ~$500 cheaper, haha. I just like to know that if someone does something stupid I won't be held liable for their stupidity. Obviously if I do something stupid the same goes for me, but I've been on the receiving end of some amoral incidents and I won't let it happen again.

UberGadgetFreak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Since many of us want auto-dimming mirrors, I thought I'd start a list of Gentex P/Ns (they also make OE ones, and seem pretty durable).

Ford Maverick Planned purchases / mods for your Maverick? mirs

I know I probably missed a few of the generic ones, and I tried not to include the OE versions. I might have also fat fingered a part number or two here. But this gives you an idea of what options you can get. I don't need HomeLink, camera, compass/temp, and prefer the old style border look, so the 2AM is what I am going with myself, but the 40A has HomeLink for a reasonable price.

ace1642

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
I plan to tint the windows, install a dashcam, wrap the truck in Avery vinyl colorflow film, and install a low-profile 8inch sub.

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22’ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Ahhh, Parks & Rec… hilarious.
33731D7B-0C06-4DEA-A304-0F8730FD6BAC.jpeg
I forgot to add I’ll be installing my Black Vue DR750 2 channel dash camera.

I just sold my F150 and took it out. It will go into the Maverick once I get it.

I also have a Black Vue DR650 2 channel dash camera in my Mustang. I’ve had these cameras for years and they work great. More expensive but worth it.

Probity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Scab 2.7EB, 2017 CR-V
New additions/mods:
1) All-weather floor liners (Husky, etc).
2) Likely - Gorilla lug nuts - depends on if Maverick ones are sheathed type like past/current F150's (well-documented issue).
3) Likely - a new Garmin GPS. Have an old one from ~7 years ago, probably just upgrade. I prefer this to using smartphone.

Lateral transfer from either existing F150 or items from previous trucks owned:
1) 6x12 aluminum utility trailer.
2) Hitch receiver mounted cargo carrier.
3) Hitch receiver mounted bed extender (for when I don't feel like using trailer for lumber, other long narrow stuff).
4) Low profile Plastic Plano storage organizer.
5) Cordless tire inflator/LED lights with batteries and charger, various length tow/lifting straps (fit in Plano box).
6) Hitch receiver mounted rear parking sensor (audible only, plug-and-play into 4-pin hitch receiver connection, cabin powered audible emitter). Seems only Lariat Lux Pkg (with bumper sensors) has this, I'm getting an XLT.
7) Lightweight (75#) hitch receiver mount truck crane (Spitzlift) and cheap 1.5 ton scissors jack (for removing crane with load in the bed). I'm old and from necessity do a lot of one-man-band work, can't always get relatives/neighbor people-power for those 100#-700# lifts, broken down it will fit in Maverick bed.
8) Small 2/1.6KW Honda EU2000i and Warn 1000# AC winch (use maybe once a year for getting heavy bulky rolling loads onto/off of trailer).
9) Plastic 14 gal. DOT fuel caddy and shaker siphon hose. Live in hurricane country, a just-in-case contingency if evac needed via crowded and stalled traffic highway routes (been there, done that, a quick refuel means for the Maverick).
10) 1st aid kit, small metric tool set (for either Plano box or under-seat storage area.
Sponsored