2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Old thread, still waiting on my 23 to be delivered, hopefully by middle of February. But Sanderson Ford required me to put down a $100 deposit. Granted it was small but it was still a deposit. Lol
Rodeo hasn't asked for a deposit on any of my Mavericks, and my 22 ZERO mark up
Sponsored

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape SEL AWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
To amend my further review: I've had a difficult time getting a hold of my Sanderson Ford rep since placing my order 9/17/22.. 0 emails from Ford had me thinking they messed up the order but Ford's Customer Support line confirmed the order & my email are all correct.

I'll most likely have to stop at the dealership to confirm the update I requested regarding spray in bed liner & cargo rails/tie down be bundled per December's update. Emailed them 12/21 & have had 0 replies. Fingers still crossed knowing half the hybrids won't get made but I'll decide on another hybrid if needed.

Chad

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

To amend my further review: I've had a difficult time getting a hold of my Sanderson Ford rep since placing my order 9/17/22.. 0 emails from Ford had me thinking they messed up the order but Ford's Customer Support line confirmed the order & my email are all correct.

I'll most likely have to stop at the dealership to confirm the update I requested regarding spray in bed liner & cargo rails/tie down be bundled per December's update. Emailed them 12/21 & have had 0 replies. Fingers still crossed knowing half the hybrids won't get made but I'll decide on another hybrid if needed.

Chad
What did you order?

ConfusedMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Maxima
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Cyber Orange Lariat Hybrid w/ Luxury package & Black Appearance Package.
Fully decked out! Sweet. I wish o had the extra 💰 for lariat but settled on an Alto Blue Hybrid XLT w/lux BAP, and Co360

Sponsored

Azmkat

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XLT EB 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Rodeo is still Earnhardt. Probably trying to distance themselves from the Earnhardt name a little bit. Horne kinda pulled one over on me with markup (that they said they didn't do until I got the vehicle). I use fleet services at San Tan Ford, but they said they wouldn't let me order one without a markup because "they don't make enough money on them". I did talk to corporate and was told Ford was experiencing a high volume of dealer complaints on these issues.

......and you wonder why Ford CEO wants to get rid of the current dealership system....

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Fully decked out! Sweet. I wish o had the extra 💰 for lariat but settled on an Alto Blue Hybrid XLT w/lux BAP, and Co360
I'm forgoing to Lux package but am upgrading to the Lariat, I love my XLT, but the Lariat has features I want, most notability keyless entry and push start.

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've mentioned them in another thread about AZ dealers, but Chapman Ford in Scottsdale off the 101 did well by me. It was my first vehicle purchase with them but I got my Maverick with no markup, and just a couple unavoidable add-ons (etching and nitrogen fill). I got the nitro removed from my bill when I told them I had asked for that to NOT be done. They hadn't tinted it (nor charged me for it) and I decided to just let them do it a week later as kind of a "thanks for not forcing this upon me". Figured if I wasn't pleased with the job, I could get that redone elsewhere in the future.
Unsure if other Maverick purchasers had similar experiences with them, but I do know that many Mavericks have come through that dealership.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I've mentioned them in another thread about AZ dealers, but Chapman Ford in Scottsdale off the 101 did well by me. It was my first vehicle purchase with them but I got my Maverick with no markup, and just a couple unavoidable add-ons (etching and nitrogen fill). I got the nitro removed from my bill when I told them I had asked for that to NOT be done. They hadn't tinted it (nor charged me for it) and I decided to just let them do it a week later as kind of a "thanks for not forcing this upon me". Figured if I wasn't pleased with the job, I could get that redone elsewhere in the future.
Unsure if other Maverick purchasers had similar experiences with them, but I do know that many Mavericks have come through that dealership.
Rodeo wanted to add some "security package" for $1850 to the truck, they place a camera inside the truck, and when the camera gets activated it sends you a notice and shows you the video, but the subscription was for a year, AND it cost $300.yr for the notification. I told them NO... They backed down. The Fiance guy was a jerk and tried to slide a Tire and wheel package into the deal AFTER I told him NO. Other than that, everything went smoothly. I understand the dealerships are hurting, but to play games, this is why people hate dealerships.
My new truck is on order from Rodeo too, and I made it clear that no games and no add on's.

Walter56

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Camelback Ford Lincoln sucks.
" As on all of Camelback Ford’s inventory, the standard Camelback package will be added to every order which includes a spray in bed liner, lifetime tint, wheel locks, door edge guards and nitrogen for $1575.00, if you select a factory bed liner, you will get a $495 credit toward the $1575 accessory charge, but this will delay your order 1-2 weeks, as Ford sends the trucks out for the spray in bed liner. "
"Camelback package " = we're humping you! 😫

Sponsored

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Rodeo wanted to add some "security package" for $1850 to the truck, they place a camera inside the truck, and when the camera gets activated it sends you a notice and shows you the video, but the subscription was for a year, AND it cost $300.yr for the notification. I told them NO... They backed down. The Fiance guy was a jerk and tried to slide a Tire and wheel package into the deal AFTER I told him NO. Other than that, everything went smoothly. I understand the dealerships are hurting, but to play games, this is why people hate dealerships.
My new truck is on order from Rodeo too, and I made it clear that no games and no add on's.
Chapman didn't try any of that security/LoJack garbage on me thankfully. It might have been mentioned (can't recall 100%) but I always let them know that I am aware those devices are useless and do zero to bring your insurance costs down.
Like yourself, I get that the dealerships (many) and thus the salespeople, are hurting. Pandemic-related issues weren't their fault. But they had an opportunity to look at and revamp their model. Perhaps make it more honest and fair for all involved. Instead they waited things out and went back to shady business as usual. When the dealerships do fail, and I hope they do, they have no one to blame but themselves.

DesertMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Scion FRS, 2007 Toyota Tacoma
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Chapman didn't try any of that security/LoJack garbage on me thankfully. It might have been mentioned (can't recall 100%) but I always let them know that I am aware those devices are useless and do zero to bring your insurance costs down.
Like yourself, I get that the dealerships (many) and thus the salespeople, are hurting. Pandemic-related issues weren't their fault. But they had an opportunity to look at and revamp their model. Perhaps make it more honest and fair for all involved. Instead they waited things out and went back to shady business as usual. When the dealerships do fail, and I hope they do, they have no one to blame but themselves.
My father bought a car from Chapman VW back in 2020, which is in the same dealer park and they tried to do the security package on the car, but we refused that part of the package and wound up taking the nitrogen filled tires and window tints since they were already installed the car. Since I ordered my Maverick from SanTan Ford, I was told that they won't put anything on it since it's a factory order.

JP4AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hybrid MAV, 04 Dakota 4x4, 02 Lexus, 03 V-Rod +
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Chad
I'm in the same boat as you Chad. I plan on going there tomorrow to have my email put on my orders, and to change one of my hybrid orders to EB AWD, since my Hybrid orders were placed on 9/18 priority 19. (snow ball chance in hell to get even one of those) I believe I can get the AWD EB by summer if I change it tomorrow. I Still want the Hybrid though, Awesome city MPG's!

Sanderson is a great Dealership, have dealt with them in the past with positive outcome!

Last edited: