First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I agree 100%, if they advertise that it's a 4 pack then it SHOULD be a 4 pack. Misprints aside, honor your ads. Man can Ford muck this up any more then they have? Delays, deferrals then misrepresentations, what's this the freaking VA Disability System?????
Ford's process does have a similar feel about it like the VA system!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Obiewan54

Obiewan54

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I agree 100%, if they advertise that it's a 4 pack then it SHOULD be a 4 pack. Misprints aside, honor your ads. Man can Ford muck this up any more then they have? Delays, deferrals then misrepresentations, what's this the freaking VA Disability System?????
It’s wild. I think I’ll have to post a YouTube video. Maybe someone from Ford will respond. Who knows.

CactusMav

First Name
Brando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Maverick AWD 4K
I am. I’m getting bounced around though because no one is wanting to provide a solution for me.
I was on hold for 30 minutes earlier this afternoon. The agent didn’t even bother to check in. Just hoping that I was going to hang up. ( I assume). After the 30 minutes they cold transferred me to ford parts department. The guy there was like yea, you need to talk to Marketing so they can get resolved.

So yes, I will be fighting this one. I would like to have a $100 refund, points, or just deliver the other 2 lights to the dealer so they can get it installed.

Between customer care, the dealer ( its not the dealers fault) , and now Ford parts.

I’ll be calling Marketing tomorrow and see what happens.

I keep telling them (as you have boxed in red) that it states 4 led lamps. There’s no gray area on this…
does anyone know how to disconnect the third tail light so a bulb can be replaced? When I unscrewedand took of lensI could not find a direct wire unplug

OP
OP
Obiewan54

Obiewan54

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee
does anyone know how to disconnect the third tail light so a bulb can be replaced? When I unscrewedand took of lensI could not find a direct wire unplug
No wires to disconnect. Once the 3rd brake light housing is detached, simply twist off the bulb that you are replacing. The bulb comes directly out of the housing at that point.

CactusMav

First Name
Brando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Maverick AWD 4K
No wires to disconnect. Once the 3rd brake light housing is detached, simply twist off the bulb that you are replacing. The bulb comes directly out of the housing at that point.
Ford Maverick Photos & Video: LED Luxury Package Lighting & LED Lumen Bed Lighting EA049853-A8C3-4F69-AD3D-E2D1F7979B3A

Sponsored

CactusMav

First Name
Brando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Maverick AWD 4K
I tried that I was just thrown off by the wires being live and into the bulbs. Maybe I need to take another look. I’m trying to put in leds here as well; any suggestions for led bulb replacements or if I’m doing something wrong here?? I ordered the ones for the tail lights that seems easier

OP
OP
Obiewan54

Obiewan54

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I tried that I was just thrown off by the wires being live and into the bulbs. Maybe I need to take another look. I’m trying to put in leds here as well; any suggestions for led bulb replacements or if I’m doing something wrong here?? I ordered the ones for the tail lights that seems easier
Do less! lol . If you replaced the bulbs in the tail lights, they are going to twist out of the housing the same exact way. Leave all the wiring the way it is. Just grab twist and pull it out.
I put the Kisled brand in mine and worked great.
Ford Maverick Photos & Video: LED Luxury Package Lighting & LED Lumen Bed Lighting 3rd brake light housing twist

ralatalo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Yaris hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I stopped in to my Dealer to ask about this and they couldn't find an answer but based on a 'picture' said it was 4 and that if it didn't come with 4 they could get another 2 to make 4... not sure if they will remember that when the time comes but did some looking a few minutes ago:

https://accessories.ford.com/produc...citive-touch-led-lamps-bed-light-set-of-4-kit

vs

https://accessories.ford.com/products/ranger-2019-2021-lumen-touchlink-bed-lighting-kit-1

And the image used for the build your maverick is the ranger one...
Ford Maverick Photos & Video: LED Luxury Package Lighting & LED Lumen Bed Lighting Screenshot 2021-11-15 at 18-53-30 Build Your Ford

CactusMav

First Name
Brando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Maverick AWD 4K
I actually think I see now. Maybe two
I stopped in to my Dealer to ask about this and they couldn't find an answer but based on a 'picture' said it was 4 and that if it didn't come with 4 they could get another 2 to make 4... not sure if they will remember that when the time comes but did some looking a few minutes ago:

https://accessories.ford.com/produc...citive-touch-led-lamps-bed-light-set-of-4-kit

vs

https://accessories.ford.com/products/ranger-2019-2021-lumen-touchlink-bed-lighting-kit-1

And the image used for the build your maverick is the ranger one...
Screenshot 2021-11-15 at 18-53-30 Build Your Ford.png
Obiewan54 FTW! You were right easy as pie did the “whites” on tail lights and 3rd light. Hex screws up top and Phillips for the tail, took me about 8 minutes with a drill. Unscrew, keep wires in tack on 3rd, twist out bulbs and replace. Quick release on the tail gate book new lights!!

OP
OP
Obiewan54

Obiewan54

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I actually think I see now. Maybe two

Obiewan54 FTW! You were right easy as pie did the “whites” on tail lights and 3rd light. Hex screws up top and Phillips for the tail, took me about 8 minutes with a drill. Unscrew, keep wires in tack on 3rd, twist out bulbs and replace. Quick release on the tail gate book new lights!!
Glad it worked out!

Sponsored

TRUCKHEF

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has anyone had issues with their lumens bed lightS? Mine stopped working and can’t figure out why, no fuse burnt out and reset the BCM by unplugging the battery for 15 mins, still no good.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the great info, Jeremy! And the vid too! I noticed in the Amazon link for the LED light bulb replacements that there were multiple people that said after they installed these lights, their remote key fobs quit working. Did you have any similar issues?
Do LED lights emit RF?

While there are cases of certain LED lamp products emitting RFI, most LED lamps, especially those from reputable lighting manufacturers, are designed with sufficient RF suppression so as not to exhibit this problem.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Funny you bring that up. I have been on the phone with Ford and my dealer about this.
So yes, the website on the build tool states "Light up your bed with this set of 4 LED Bed lamps". I called FORD and and the part # that is associated with this is labeled as a "4 Piece Kit". They are telling me that its 4 pieces that consist of 2 wire harnesses and 2 LED. I told FORD that if this is the case you need to change the wording on the website to 2 LED lamps. It is VERY misleading. FORD is trying to pass me off to the dealer when it is their fault on how it is listed on their site.

Nowhere does it say 4 piece kit. It clearly says 4 LED Bed Lamps.

I'll be contacting them again. I would like to have all 4 LEDs as listed, but if not, some type of credit or points.
Is it 2 LEDs per lighted lens assembly ? If so then its correct in saying 4 LEDs.
Sponsored