Sponsored

Obiewan54

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee
So when I order my Maverick, I was unaware that the 3rd brake light also turns to provide additional light. ( I probably would not have gotten both if I was told this). If you swap out the lights to LEDs on the 3rd brake light, I have no doubt that it will be more than sufficient for almost everyone's needs. If you have a bed cover, the in bed lighting with the LED box light next to the power inverter and/or LED Lumen bed lighting will definitely do the trick.

Photo 1 - Lux package Lighting
Photo 2- Led Lumen Lights
Photo 3 - Both lights turned on

Ford Maverick Photos & Video: LED Luxury Package Lighting & LED Lumen Bed Lighting 1 Lux Light

Ford Maverick Photos & Video: LED Luxury Package Lighting & LED Lumen Bed Lighting 2 LED Lumen

Ford Maverick Photos & Video: LED Luxury Package Lighting & LED Lumen Bed Lighting 3 Lux Light & Lumen
Sponsored

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Love your videos. Yes, I'm subscribed!!

Quick question, you mentioned you changed the White Cargo Lights above the cab to LED's also. I have the Amazon link for the Back-ups but not for the Cargo Lights. What did you install for those? Did you only replace the white lights or the Third Brake too?

Thanks and keep making videos.

OP
OP
Obiewan54

Obiewan54

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Love your videos. Yes, I'm subscribed!!

Quick question, you mentioned you changed the White Cargo Lights above the cab to LED's also. I have the Amazon link for the Back-ups but not for the Cargo Lights. What did you install for those? Did you only replace the white lights or the Third Brake too?

Thanks and keep making videos.
I am not a pro but I'm glad you enjoy the videos!
I replaced all three lights on the 3rd brake light. It came in a "bundle" pack. It was very simple.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I replaced all three lights on the 3rd brake light. It came in a "bundle" pack. It was very simple.

So there are 2 Whites and 2 Reds in that one location?

Sponsored

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Just ordered them
Thanks!

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It comes with 2 whites and 2 reds. However you will only need 2 whites and 1 Red. You'll have a spare red.
Okay, thanks. Appreciate the videos.

Tyler

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Subaru Ascent, 2023 Mavrick (Hybrid)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
wow I actually really like the extra lighting from the Lumen lights.

i didn’t order the lumen but after seeing this I think I might pick them up. My vision is crap so I really appreciate all the light I can get at night.

damnclose

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Caravan, 2002 Chevy Silverado 4X4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Thanks for sharing pictures and information, I will be buying also.

Sponsored

Chet

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have enjoyed your videos. It is always nice to see the little details the sales videos gloss over. I do have a question about your lumen lights though. The Ford website advertise these as "four LED Bed Lamps", but in your video it appears you only have two. Did you get a different package than the one listed on the Build and Price page?

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

So the Red Brake light in the middle of the two white cargo lights isn't already LED?

OP
OP
Obiewan54

Obiewan54

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I have enjoyed your videos. It is always nice to see the little details the sales videos gloss over. I do have a question about your lumen lights though. The Ford website advertise these as "four LED Bed Lamps", but in your video it appears you only have two. Did you get a different package than the one listed on the Build and Price page?
Funny you bring that up. I have been on the phone with Ford and my dealer about this.
So yes, the website on the build tool states "Light up your bed with this set of 4 LED Bed lamps". I called FORD and and the part # that is associated with this is labeled as a "4 Piece Kit". They are telling me that its 4 pieces that consist of 2 wire harnesses and 2 LED. I told FORD that if this is the case you need to change the wording on the website to 2 LED lamps. It is VERY misleading. FORD is trying to pass me off to the dealer when it is their fault on how it is listed on their site.

Nowhere does it say 4 piece kit. It clearly says 4 LED Bed Lamps.

I'll be contacting them again. I would like to have all 4 LEDs as listed, but if not, some type of credit or points.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Funny you bring that up. I have been on the phone with Ford and my dealer about this.
So yes, the website on the build tool states "Light up your bed with this set of 4 LED Bed lamps". I called FORD and and the part # that is associated with this is labeled as a "4 Piece Kit". They are telling me that its 4 pieces that consist of 2 wire harnesses and 2 LED. I told FORD that if this is the case you need to change the wording on the website to 2 LED lamps. It is VERY misleading. FORD is trying to pass me off to the dealer when it is their fault on how it is listed on their site.

Nowhere does it say 4 piece kit. It clearly says 4 LED Bed Lamps.

I'll be contacting them again. I would like to have all 4 LEDs as listed, but if not, some type of credit or points.
I had that option ordered but canceled it awhile back. Glad I did as I expected 4 LEDs. I agree with you 1,000% it is extremely misleading. I thought there was a picture and it appeared in the picture as if the light was coming from 4 locations.

I just went online to Ford Maverick Build and clicked on the i to get the information. Here is what I copied from the Ford website BEFORE they take it down or modify it. It CLEARLY states four LED Bed Lamps. If you look at the picture They have one light in the front of the bed and a second one at the tailgate. I assumed with it stating four LED Bed Lamps the other two lamps just weren't pictured.

FIGHT THIS ONE. In my opinion $200 is way too much to pay for only two lights.

Ford Maverick Photos & Video: LED Luxury Package Lighting & LED Lumen Bed Lighting Screen Shot 2021-11-03 at 20.21.44
Sponsored