Obiewan54

Obiewan54

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I had that option ordered but canceled it awhile back. Glad I did as I expected 4 LEDs. I agree with you 1,000% it is extremely misleading. I thought there was a picture and it appeared in the picture as if the light was coming from 4 locations.

I just went online to Ford Maverick Build and clicked on the i to get the information. Here is what I copied from the Ford website BEFORE they take it down or modify it. It CLEARLY states four LED Bed Lamps. If you look at the picture They have one light in the front of the bed and a second one at the tailgate. I assumed with it stating four LED Bed Lamps the other two lamps just weren't pictured.

FIGHT THIS ONE. In my opinion $200 is way too much to pay for only two lights.

Screen Shot 2021-11-03 at 20.21.44.png
I am. I’m getting bounced around though because no one is wanting to provide a solution for me.
I was on hold for 30 minutes earlier this afternoon. The agent didn’t even bother to check in. Just hoping that I was going to hang up. ( I assume). After the 30 minutes they cold transferred me to ford parts department. The guy there was like yea, you need to talk to Marketing so they can get resolved.

So yes, I will be fighting this one. I would like to have a $100 refund, points, or just deliver the other 2 lights to the dealer so they can get it installed.

Between customer care, the dealer ( its not the dealers fault) , and now Ford parts.

I’ll be calling Marketing tomorrow and see what happens.

I keep telling them (as you have boxed in red) that it states 4 led lamps. There’s no gray area on this…
Sponsored

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am not a pro but I'm glad you enjoy the videos!
I replaced all three lights on the 3rd brake light. It came in a "bundle" pack. It was very simple.

Odd that Amazon says it doesn't fit the maverick. 🤔

Dandylion

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Honda Fit, 2007 Chev Silverado
I replaced all three lights on the 3rd brake light. It came in a "bundle" pack. It was very simple.

Thanks for the great info, Jeremy! And the vid too! I noticed in the Amazon link for the LED light bulb replacements that there were multiple people that said after they installed these lights, their remote key fobs quit working. Did you have any similar issues?

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It comes with 2 whites and 2 reds. However you will only need 2 whites and 1 Red. You'll have a spare red.
No issues with the rear upper brake light, multi-flashing, since installing the LED? I thought there might an issue with it because LEDs don't draw as much current the computerized system might "think" that bulb is out. I know the backup lights aren't a problem and the white lights in the 3rd brake light would be ok, but I wasn't sure about the actual brake light itself. Thanks for the video too.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Odd that Amazon says it doesn't fit the maverick. 🤔
They probably don't know it fits the Maverick or haven't updated their website.

Sponsored

botb70

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Odyssey

I clicked on the Amazon picture link but Amazon states these won't fit the Maverick??? I have the Mav in my Amazon profile.

hunterdon1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's good to see a trifold hard tonneau cover make it thru the assembly line. I have hope yet.

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Thanks for the great info, Jeremy! And the vid too! I noticed in the Amazon link for the LED light bulb replacements that there were multiple people that said after they installed these lights, their remote key fobs quit working. Did you have any similar issues?
I read that as well. Very curious

OP
OP
Obiewan54

Obiewan54

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee
No issues on key fob not working. Everything works just fine.

OP
OP
Obiewan54

Obiewan54

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee
No issues with the rear upper brake light, multi-flashing, since installing the LED? I thought there might an issue with it because LEDs don't draw as much current the computerized system might "think" that bulb is out. I know the backup lights aren't a problem and the white lights in the 3rd brake light would be ok, but I wasn't sure about the actual brake light itself. Thanks for the video too.
No issues at all. Everything works just fine.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Obiewan54

Obiewan54

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I clicked on the Amazon picture link but Amazon states these won't fit the Maverick??? I have the Mav in my Amazon profile.
It's still a new vehicle. More than likely amazon won't show any compatible accessories for the next few months. Works just fine

OP
OP
Obiewan54

Obiewan54

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee
They probably don't know it fits the Maverick or haven't updated their website.
Correct. I contacted amazon customer support and they informed me that it more than likely won't update until the first of the year.

kcjayman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Escape Titanium, 2014 F-150 Limited, Mustang+
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Can you provide the link to that "bundle" pack or at least the bulb type/number? Didnt see them on your video either.

Dandylion

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Honda Fit, 2007 Chev Silverado