First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a 22 Hybrid XLT, last week the Pedestrian horn stopped working (the reverse alarm) and I am getting an error message saying the alarm needs to be serviced. Anyone having or had this problem?
Thanks
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
I have a 22 Hybrid XLT, last week the Pedestrian horn stopped working (the reverse alarm) and I am getting an error message saying the alarm needs to be serviced. Anyone having or had this problem?
Thanks
Hi there, Terry. This alarm concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Maverick. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

OP
OP
Terry52

Terry52

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My vin is 3FTTW8E37NRA95743, the truck is now at Winner Ford, Dover DE

Don11

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi there, Terry. This alarm concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Maverick. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.
I’m having almost the Same problem with my 23. Whenever a car are a pedestrian are behind the truck I get no kind of warning almost hit someone walking behind me yesterday. Any idea what could be happening? How do you send Ford a PM?

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m having almost the Same problem with my 23. Whenever a car are a pedestrian are behind the truck I get no kind of warning almost hit someone walking behind me yesterday. Any idea what could be happening?
Would you like to edit of rephrase that?

Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m having almost the Same problem with my 23. Whenever a car are a pedestrian are behind the truck I get no kind of warning almost hit someone walking behind me yesterday. Any idea what could be happening? How do you send Ford a PM?
What trim? Remember the radar-based CP360 cross-traffic alert isn't designed to detect pedestrians. Only the Lariat's ultrasonic sensors (such as in the CP360 Assist) will more reliably detect a non-metallic object.

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I suspect I'm the only one here who reads the OPs initial post and understand it to mean the low "ping ping ping' sound the Hybrid makes when in reverse... IDK

:unsure:

OP
OP
Terry52

Terry52

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Johnkn, you are correct, it is the ping ping sound you get when you put the Hybrid in reverse. Just heard from the Ford dealer and it turns out that one of the electrical wires powering the horn had rubbed against the frame of the truck and was causing a short. Sad part about this is the whole front facia has to be removed to service this problem!!

Sponsored

Don11

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What trim? Remember the radar-based CP360 cross-traffic alert isn't designed to detect pedestrians. Only the Lariat's ultrasonic sensors (such as in the CP360 Assist) will more reliably detect a non-metallic object.
XL. I thought all CP360 had it thanks for the info.đź‘Š

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I suspect I'm the only one here who reads the OPs initial post and understand it to mean the low "ping ping ping' sound the Hybrid makes when in reverse... IDK

I thought it was pretty easy to decipher what "(the reverse alarm)" meant... IDK

Sponsored

Last edited: