First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang 429BB / 2019 Tesla Model 3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think that's one of the big things Ford did right with the Maverick. They settled for an 8 inch display instead of a 12 inch display. They went with Sync 3 instead of Sync 4. All so they don't have to wait for semiconductors. They got out ahead of it.
My guess is that is why the cubby to the right of the screen exists. This dash was originally designed to fit up to the 12" display and Sync 4 but due to chip shortages, they revised the design to use the older 8" screen and sync 3. Still provides about the same amount of features to the customer (minus wireless carplay) while avoiding the shortage as much as possible.
Sponsored

MikeLawry

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hyundai Elantra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Regarding Sync3/4: What can it do that apple car play/android auto cannot? Am i really missing out on much by not having Sync3? I dont use a lot of tech and i know android auto is enough for me, just wondering on the difference.

Shay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's all a frame of mind. I have purchased my last 10 or so vehicles mostly online, sight unseen until I showed up to sign papers or had it delivered. Never once regretted it. All things are temporary, nothing is forever.

Charles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Edge
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You are not obligated to pay for it once you see it. I believe you have two days to make a decision once the dealer receives the vehicle.
do you forfeit your deposit if you don't purchase?

Sponsored

Charles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Edge
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The FTC "cooling off period" doesn't apply to the sale of vehicles sold at a dealer's permanent location.

OP
OP
CACTI_HYBRID

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm excited at what I see with the Maverick, but not sure at this point it is enough to make me get rid of my '03 Explorer Sport Trac. I really like the idea of a 40mpg hybrid but..

-The ST is paid for - no car payments
- The ST is very close to the size of the Maverick with a 4ft bed.
-The ST has a more powerful V6 engine.
-The ST has on-demand 4WD. (And is a beast even in heavy snow).
- The ST probably has a bigger rear seating area.
- The ST is an XLT model with all the power goodies, power rear window, cruise, etc.
- The ST has about 136K miles
- Other than a few minor transmission leaks, the ST still runs great.

Yeah...I'm excited about the Maverick, but did I mention the Sport Trac is paid for? 😄 I love the new tech on the Maverick and would love to get 40mpg, but just can't see getting rid of something that in many ways very similar, in a few ways better equipped, is a solid 4WD performer, and has been very good to me. A major mechanical failure could quickly change my mind but right now I'm not getting in the order line.

Sponsored

Dbergie

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan, Kia
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
my dealer wanted and got $500
My dealer said he didn’t need one because if I didn’t want it, he would just have to write me a check. He said that he wouldn’t have a problem selling it if I didn’t want it

MaverickTime

Banned
Banned
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Ranger
I can understand the excitement of having the latest thing but have to puzzle over people lining up to order a vehicle they have never put eyes on or a butt in the seat of. I will need to see, touch, and certainly drive a Maverick before I lay down my hard-earned money. Online shopping works for some small ticket items but for a vehicle brand new to the market? Explain this to me.
After throwing down 42k on a GMC Acadia and having nothing but misery with it, ( 3 trips to dealer for A/C issues, steering rack leaks (2), P/S pump (2X) tie rod replacement, lumbar support failure, starter replacement, and 2- O2 sensors. before extened warranty ran out. Final inult ws when head gasket started to sweat antifreeze
Cleaned and detailed that piece of crap and traded it for a Honda Civic no less. Stand a far better chance with a Ford tested tough vehicle. Cant do any worse than my GMC. For 12k less.

Maybe It's Maverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you've been waiting a decade or more for a small pick-up with good gas mileage to come out, this purchase is a no-brainer. It checks all the right boxes for some of us. If you're on the fence, you could order from a dealer that requires no down payment, or you could wait to check it out when they are found on the lots.
Sponsored