First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mitsubishi Endeavor and Chevy Suburban
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I missed the boat in ordering online before it closed a while ago. People tell me that I can still order one if I go into a dealer and have them place the order for me. If I did that, would they add a mark up for placing the order? I'm wondering if anyone has tried to do this or if it is even possible or if I should just wait till the online orders open back up? Thanks!
Sponsored

dcs12345

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Chevy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In the U.S.? The books are closed. They cannot order you a 2023 right now.

The dealer could put you on a "waiting list" or whatever they want to call it for future orders...but that isn't anything official and I damn sure wouldn't depend on it.

You never know what packages will change for the next model year, so telling them you want XYZ ordered and to put that in once the books reopen might be a risk, but you can always change it.

BigB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There was no online ordering. It has to be done at the dealership. You will have to wait until the 2024 order banks open onto order one.

BigB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Also no there should not be a mark up on your order.

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
All of above are true. I would add one thing. Find a good, reputable dealer, preferably a larger dealer who has allocation. We screwed up when order banks were open in Sept of 22 and ordered from small town dealer with little to no allocation. Not a word on my wife's order. The next day I went to a larger dealer and ordered mine and already have it.

Sponsored

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There may be some dealers assuming stock orders are coming up. They may then be willing to put a stock order in for you. But there is nothing stopping them from marking it up except the agreement you reach with them (technically that's true even if they do a custom order for you).

Most stock orders by dealers from last year were very generic to push to the top of the priority pile. I wouldn't expect if this is the route some dealer was willing to take that you could make it super specific. Also you're not there yet, and I wouldn't expect to get there on hybrid at all this year. But EB it may be possible in next couple months.

OP
OP

Toby7

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks everyone. I guess I'll just wait till orders open up again. Maybe that will happen this summer?

Suzukiridr14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1956 THunderbird , 2016 Acura MDX (Wifes car)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Thanks everyone. I guess I'll just wait till orders open up again. Maybe that will happen this summer?
Why don't you go to your local dealer, and ask them to call you if someone passes on their order? You may get a surprise call!

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
All of above are true. I would add one thing. Find a good, reputable dealer, preferably a larger dealer who has allocation. We screwed up when order banks were open in Sept of 22 and ordered from small town dealer with little to no allocation. Not a word on my wife's order. The next day I went to a larger dealer and ordered mine and already have it.
agree with you all above is true. However I have a different perspective on allocations and size of dealership you order from. Your dealer flat out does not know anything about upcoming allocations for a new MY order. They are awarded monthly, not all in advance. They don't even become a factor until you are WAY downstream in the process- trucks from your dealer are cleared by factory to select, order locked. Only then does allocation factor in- 100% based on how many orders your dealer has ahead of you with same status and able to be selected by factory at any time. My small dealer only had 7 MY2022 Maverick retail orders total. I delayed placing my order until Dec 2021. By the time my order was locked and reviewed by factory there were 2 Mavericks ahead of me already showing "in the factory" and rolling down production line. It took a couple months waiting but eventually those 2 got built and shipped and an Allocation came along and I went next "into the factory" and down the line until built, then shipped.

Received my Maverick 10.5 months after ordering. My dealer had 2 more that followed same process after me. Allocation was unknown and irrelevant for 1st 8 months of our process.

OP
OP

Toby7

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why don't you go to your local dealer, and ask them to call you if someone passes on their order? You may get a surprise call!
Good point, I'll try it and hope they don't have a huge mark up. I'll pass if they do.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Toby7

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've never bought a car from a dealer. What would be considered a 'large' dealer? Other than reviews, how do know if they are reputable?

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've never bought a car from a dealer. What would be considered a 'large' dealer? Other than reviews, how do know if they are reputable?
Reviews indicate how reputable they are. Obviously, you are going to find one or two who give them bad reviews. That is ALWAYS the case with any reviews. As far as size, just call them and ask a salesman or preferably the sales manager how many Ford Mavericks did they order for customers this year. If just a few, back off; if a hundred or more, you should be good to go with allocations.

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I heard that dealers will be getting or are currently allowed to order Tremor models. There's a good chance that Ecoboost may open up as well, but if you are looking for a hybrid you will definitely have to wait until they open up in August-September and then still be behind all the people from this year who don't get built.
Sponsored