Ordering a Maverick...

oljackfrost

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Impreza
The used car market is nuts right now. Checked Kelly Blue Book on my 2017 Subaru Impreza value and both trade and private party values are $3k to $4k higher than about 6 weeks ago! I hope this holds up until the Maverick is finally available. Having said that, I still need to find out if my wife and I like how it drives. I was wild about a car back and. The 90s until I found out the center console dug into the side of my leg.

Reactions: Doc

oljackfrost

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Impreza
Anyone out there know which orders get priority at Ford. If a Maverick is reserved online, as soon as ordering is available, does that order get filled before an order originated at a dealership? Or do the dealer orders get priority?

Reactions: Doc

Spartan_J

First Name
Jared
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape, Chevy Spark
Anyone out there know which orders get priority at Ford. If a Maverick is reserved online, as soon as ordering is available, does that order get filled before an order originated at a dealership? Or do the dealer orders get priority?
I would assume that online orders are essentially pushed through a dealership. Ford is not legally allowed to sell vehicles direct to consumer. That being said, I think it is always is FCFS; unless you order a trim package that suffers from some sort of delay.

TerryE

First Name
Terry
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee and Cadillac SRX
This is interesting info:
According to my Sister who is an auditor for Ford corporation:

Any new dealers of vehicles don't actually 'own' their cars. It is only after an agreement is completed, the dealers will 'buy' them from the manufacturer. They have a set amount of time to transfer the paperwork. Her job is to go to a dealership early in the morning before opened and count the cars that have been sent. If the dealership has some out for employees/service, they have only a few hours to prove, if not, their dealership would be flagged and at worse shut down. At least that is what her Ford job is in the MidWest.