Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hello everyone.
New to the forum. I'm looking for information on ordering and purchasing the new Maverick. Never ordered a vehicle before. Want to be completely prepared before I order. I live in Michigan.
My fiance is ordering the new Bronco so we would like to order them both together.

What is the process like for those who already ordered?
I'm guessing we will order from the same dealer. Does this help get a better deal?
I will be using a friends and family discount + student discount.
Any information on how to prepare, where to look for info, or how to order would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

Dan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ve noticed each dealer is slightly different, some want deposits and others don’t. Deposits can be $100 or up to $1,000. Really, all you need is to know what you want, they’ll configure it in their ordering system, confirm it with you, then get your info and such and order it. They may or may not collect a deposit at that time. Then a day or so later maybe the same day you’ll get an email confirmation from Ford! No build date or VIN yet as they are not scheduling the first three weeks of production until tomorrow.

atonge40

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
You know the wait for a new bronco is over a year long now right?
Well that depends on the configuration. If they want a 4 door automatic Big Bend with a soft top, they may get it pretty soon. If they want a two door Wildtrack with the 2.7TT, sasquatch (standard on WT), and the mod hard top, they may have to wait until 2024.

Sponsored

atonge40

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Pick a dealer.

Place the reservations via the Ford site.

Convert your reservations to orders.

Done.

You will not get a better deal for ordering them together. X-Plan or A-Plan (whatever you qualify for) will be your best deal. There are no discounts on Ford vehicles right now.

Jukebox Nero

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Maverick Lariat Alto Blue FX4 4k 2.0 EB
Pick a dealer.

Place the reservations via the Ford site.

Convert your reservations to orders.

Done.

You will not get a better deal for ordering them together. X-Plan or A-Plan (whatever you qualify for) will be your best deal. There are no discounts on Ford vehicles right now.
You can actually skip the "Place the reservation..." step altogether and just place the order. This time around, reservations just equate to leads at your chosen dealership. I placed my order on June 9th with a dealer I didn't reserve through because the 2 I did reserve through were either unhelpful or unresponsive.

OP
OP
Derek's Maverick

Derek's Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the feedback everyone. Looks easier than I thought.
I didn't know we had to wait that long. We had just spoken to a dealer in Wisconsin who said we'd have one delivered by Nov. Maybe things changed. Super depressing if true because she was super excited for one. Me too.

atonge40

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
You can actually skip the "Place the reservation..." step altogether and just place the order. This time around, reservations just equate to leads at your chosen dealership. I placed my order on June 9th with a dealer I didn't reserve through because the 2 I did reserve through were either unhelpful or unresponsive.
Right, but you still need to for a Bronco. Might as well throw both in there if you know what dealer you want.

atonge40

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Thanks for the feedback everyone. Looks easier than I thought.
I didn't know we had to wait that long. We had just spoken to a dealer in Wisconsin who said we'd have one delivered by Nov. Maybe things changed. Super depressing if true because she was super excited for one. Me too.
Bronco or Maverick delivered by November?

Both are possible. On the Bronco it really depends on your top choice. If you want a hard top, it won't be November. It may not even be November 2022.

Sponsored

SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma 🌮
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just make sure to not pay any ADM (dealer markup). Granger is doing 3% under invoice, Chapman is 4% under invoice, some dealers are doing $500 under MSRP, Long McArthur Ford in Salina, KS is doing MSRP and free shipping to almost anywhere in the US if you finance through them. There are deals to be had if you’re willing, but don’t take a high deposit or above MSRP. There are some threads here about buying cars out of state with some of those dealers as well.

Here is one with pricing and invoice pricing.

OP
OP
Derek's Maverick

Derek's Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Bronco or Maverick delivered by November?

Both are possible. On the Bronco it really depends on your top choice. If you want a hard top, it won't be November. It may not even be November 2022.
I was told the Bronco in Nov. We didn't discuss specifics tho. She just wants one and isn't set on a particular option.

OP
OP
Derek's Maverick

Derek's Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just make sure to not pay any ADM (dealer markup). Granger is doing 3% under invoice, Chapman is 4% under invoice, some dealers are doing $500 under MSRP, Long McArthur Ford in Salina, KS is doing MSRP and free shipping to almost anywhere in the US if you finance through them. There are deals to be had if you’re willing, but don’t take a high deposit or above MSRP. There are some threads here about buying cars out of state with some of those dealers as well.

Here is one with pricing and invoice pricing.
Great. Thanks for that.
Should I bring the invoice to the dealer?
I'm getting the XLT with some extras.
Why are they going under invoice?
I definitely want to be prepared when I talk to them again.
I'm so excited for this truck!!

SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma 🌮
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They aren’t as interested in making money on the truck itself as they are in increasing sales volume for which Ford awards bonuses. They are going to make their money on the back end.
Yep, from what I read it’s backend. Plus, they get more allocations awarded to them and other goodies from Ford.
Sponsored