Sponsored

Ordered and waiting? Good luck. Prepare to be disappointed by Ford !!!!!!!!!!

mrbill

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 kia soul- 2023 santa cruz SE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I hate to vent here because it's not the forum or other members fault, but this has be one of the worst buying experiences I've ever had as far as customer service is concerned. This isn't a $20 Amazon purchase... or a return at Home depot (which are handled with a fair amount of wisdom and courtesy), but it's a multi thousand dollar expense.
- Aug 2021 totaled my 2 year old vehicle (sorry elk)... need a replacement. I drive a 100 miles plus a day so a hybrid or vehicle that gets reasonable mileage is a priority.
- Research on my part comes across a new Ford vehicle... a small hybrid pickup. Wow. That sounds great. I think that would fit my needs.
- Aug 2021 I order online (no deposit needed? great) and then head to the dealer to finalize. Sorry they say, we have to have a deposit to place the order. OK I say and hand them $1000 and for the first time in my life, order a new vehicle that is exactly like i want it. Color, options etc... great I can't wait. Dealer said possibly by November but worst case by end of year.
- In the mean time can't do without another vehicle, so I go buy something else. I know I'm going to loose money on it, but oh well. It will only be a few short months and I'll be trading it in and it won't be too bad.
- End of 2021... well after following the forums. Seems like the wait will be a little longer than expected. Want the Maverick so I'll hang in there and wait.
- Jan, Feb, March, Apri 2022... no updates from Ford. Other than what I read on the forums, I have no idea what the status is or when I might expect to actually get my truck.
- April 2022 progress! I finally get an email form Ford. I have a production date of early Jun 2022. It's been a long wait but great news.
- Jun 2022... nothing from Ford, but after numerous chats and phone calls to customer service I find out production date had been changed to later in Jun 2022
- Later in Jun 2022, nothing from Ford but calls and chat reveal date changed again to late Jun 2022.
- Late Jun 2022... nothing from Ford, but via calls and chat discover production date has changed to early Aug 2022.... then mid Aug 2022... then late Aug 2022.
- Aug 30th 2022. Message from Ford. "Your Maverick is built and is awaiting shipping! It may take a few day to a week but your vehicle will soon be on it's way".
- 2 weeks later. Nothing from Ford. Calls to customer calls and chat to customer service always says I can check the status online (which provide no updates).
- Late Sept 2022. Calls and chat tell me now shipping/delivery is mid Oct 2022.
- Call today.. First time I really vented to Ford customer service rep (sorry to her) but now they say expected delivery is end of Oct 2022.

Moral of the story?
Don't expect any valid updates from Ford on the status of your vehicle.
Don't expect what they do tell you to be true and not change.
Don't expect any valid info or insight from Ford as to your expected delivery date.
Don't expect the dealer to have any more information to help make you feel better.
Do expect... or at the very least not be surprised if these same things happen to you.
Do expect to see others with the exact same order as yours receive their vehicle months ahead of you.
Do make an $10 Amazon order if you want some reasonable customer service if it's late.
Don't order a multi thousand dollar vehicle from Ford and expect a reasonable time frame for delivery, to be informed and updated with information you can rely on, or to be treated as a valued customer.
Do cancel your order if you want to hurt no one but yourself and make the dealer an extra $15 thousand dollar profit.
Good luck to all those who ordered a 2023. My condolences in advance for what many of you will have to go through . Sorry for the vent and I must admit, it didn't help and I'm still frustrated.
Boy you are 99.9% correct. I ordered 10/2021 hybrid xlt one opt. trailer hitch, I ordered from a LARGE dealer chain ,they have 8-10 stores, NEVER a word from them I had to ask each month NEVER a word from FORD I had to call customer service and ask. NO PR FROM FORD, its a shame as im 67 and my family have bought over 40 fords/lincons/mercurys , 9/12 I talked to my dealer and ford customer (no service) and they said reorder because I dont have a vin # yet and give my dealer my " private offer" ( that I never got) they then gave me the offer code/# to give dealer, My dealer reordered exact same order 9/15/22 and 10pm I get a email conformation from Ford. so here we go again, wait and wait and wait, if they and the dealer would have at LEAST , kept in touch with us, that ordered with some updates, it would have been 100% better,im about done with ford.we shall see.
Sponsored

LushRoller

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Jeep Cherokee
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
See I don't like that system that Asian brands like Mazda, Toyota, Honda have because you get what they have and you just have to be happy with that. I personally don't mind waiting to get what I want exactly and I know some people have a need now for a new vehicle due to various reasons rather than being a want that they can wait for. It's a more Tesla approach to selling cars and I like it. Retail orders are best.
Yeah, it's a new experience for me and I can see the upsides and downsides to both. Like you say, it also depends on your needs. If you can wait, getting exactly what you want is nice. If you need something quickly, picking among what's available has its advantages. I suspect as time goes on and the shortages end the differences will be less stark, but I will say that it was a terrible time for my car I was driving to get totaled haha

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When someone actually lists the steps in the process, it brings a really bad system into sharp focus. Ford has two of the most in demand vehicles on the market with the Bronco and the Mav and they've completely $hit the bed with the customer. I'm excited about my truck, but without this forum and Ford Chat, I would know nothing about my order at all. I received an email 3 days after the truck was shipped from the factory that it was shipped. Strong work, guys. Last I checked, there wasn't any constraint on email communication to your customers. As many bad stories as there are on here, there are twice as many over on Bronco6g.
Blaming your supply chain when you made the decision as a company years ago to source parts from the cheapest source countries with the cheapest labor instead of building here? Not a good look.

Last edited:

bearsfan647

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EBike - Future Ford Maverick!
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered in 2021. Yes we did have an idea on how long it would take. It was pretty obvious by early October 2021.
“Early October”

again, so you didn’t even read the OP? That’s not when they ordered and not what they were originally told in terms of timeline.

I don’t understand how you’re saying someone who ordered in August’21 “knew what they were in for”. How, exactly?

Pucman1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, Triumph TR3, Hybrid Maverick 1-18-23
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So here we go, I did a lot of research but did not know much about the constraints of material. So i ordered on the 16th. Lariat edition, hybrid, Cactus grey, Ford 360 and 360 assist. Remote start and moonroof.......Had bed rails but cancelled. Who thinks i have a chance of seeing this order?
I did get a email confirmation and it said i was one of the early orders but not sure if that means anything. Given the percentages on what is being produced should i just leave it as ordered or change anything??

Sponsored

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This forum is a great place to vent. I did so myself after 9 months of waiting for my hybrid order.

I know just how the OP feels, although I didn't wreck a vehicle. But I have several old trucks that need replacement. I have paid for a lot of repairs over the past year - my wife's 2001 F150 would not pass annual state inspection without a $3,000 catalytic converter replacement. And new tires.

I bought an EcoBoost in July, paying $7K over MSRP. I love the darn thing and it was worth that to me, I had a summer of comfortable, reliable road trips. At my advanced age, I can't put things off for too long. I am getting over 32MPG so far. My 2003 F350 with the V10 gets 10-12MPG. The F150 gets 20MPG.

Now my hybrid orders are just a pleasant distraction, kind of like a lottery ticket. My wife ordered a second hybrid when the order book was going to be closed so quickly.

I do get e mails from Ford, but Ford is not good at predicting the future. The last e mail stated that my truck would arrive at the dealer next week. So the one thing I am sure of is that my truck will definitely NOT arrive next week. I have refrained from calling Ford customer service or bugging my dealer. I look at that like trying to teach a pig to sing - not only are you wasting your time, you are annoying the pig.

Stay patient and enjoy your new truck knowing you didn't over pay like some impatient people did. It's worth the wait. The price of gasoline will be much higher after the elections.

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So here we go, I did a lot of research but did not know much about the constraints of material. So i ordered on the 16th. Lariat edition, hybrid, Cactus grey, Ford 360 and 360 assist. Remote start and moonroof.......Had bed rails but cancelled. Who thinks i have a chance of seeing this order?
I did get a email confirmation and it said i was one of the early orders but not sure if that means anything. Given the percentages on what is being produced should i just leave it as ordered or change anything??
I think you have a pretty good shot, probably better than 50/50. Your truck is pretty expensive, so there is more profit for Ford. The XL Hybrids have much worse odds. This is based on no definite information. But a lot of people who ordered hybrid Lariats after my XLT got their trucks long ago.

Cactus Gray is beautiful.

AbbyRules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The entire experience has been horrible. No communication, website is useless, tracking unreliable. This is the first Ford I have owned since (The Pinto). My co-worker purchased an F-150 and has only owned Fords. He received his Ford, prerusted after sitting in a flooded parking lot for months; we are at 11 months and I only know my Maverick is built. We are two people that will NEVER own another Ford and have no confidence in the company.

Skidkat69!

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You will never satisfy John Q public. I have one ordered and I knew the score before I ever ordered it because I educated myself to the process. It is what it is Ford does not need to hold your hand or kiss your butt. When my truck get's here I will pay for it and drive it.
I did the same. I’m in no hurry and have a good running vehicle now. The day will arrive when I go to check it out without obligation!

Pucman1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, Triumph TR3, Hybrid Maverick 1-18-23
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Good because I am at that age where i just want it to work and hop in to go......With a couple nice features as well. One of the dealer sales guys said delete anything you could get from parts sales after the fact and it should keep moving it along......So bed-liner, splash guards and all of that will be sometime after delivery.....

I think you have a pretty good shot, probably better than 50/50. Your truck is pretty expensive, so there is more profit for Ford. The XL Hybrids have much worse odds. This is based on no definite information. But a lot of people who ordered hybrid Lariats after my XLT got their trucks long ago.

Cactus Gray is beautiful.

Sponsored

jcartwright99

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just ordered a 2023 Ecoboost. I have 0 expectations that I will get it anytime soon. Why? Because I have l witnessed what has happened over the past 2 years with virtually all vehicle manufactures.

Do I need a car immediately? No. If I did, I would not rely on getting a high demand vehicle. I'd probably go used or find a manufacture like Nissan that is trying to blow out their remaining 2022 models because nobody wants them. If it gets to a point where I do need a vehicle immediately or feel like I've waited long enough, then I will buy something else.

Is this all Ford's fault. No. Could they be better at communicating? Yes.

In the grand scheme of things, you need some perspective. I'm not going to get upset over things I can't control. Complaining on a forum does nothing to really solve the issue.

iwantmymav

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I just ordered a 2023 Ecoboost. I have 0 expectations that I will get it anytime soon. Why? Because I have l witnessed what has happened over the past 2 years with virtually all vehicle manufactures.

Do I need a car immediately? No. If I did, I would not rely on getting a high demand vehicle. I'd probably go used or find a manufacture like Nissan that is trying to blow out their remaining 2022 models because nobody wants them. If it gets to a point where I do need a vehicle immediately or feel like I've waited long enough, then I will buy something else.

Is this all Ford's fault. No. Could they be better at communicating? Yes.

In the grand scheme of things, you need some perspective. I'm not going to get upset over things I can't control. Complaining on a forum does nothing to really solve the issue.
You defending them does nothing as well, shill.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Everything the OP is true but what really resonated with me was the promised delvery time at order. Something similar happened to me, they told me 12-16 weeks at order time. Had they told me a year or longer I would have never placed the order.
exactly why they lied to you. They wanted to lock you into a sale and figured you would wait longer after waiting 3-4 mos already. If you walked away they get to sell it to someone else for more $

aitch-2-oh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus X
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Cautionary tale from a 2022 Order Owner to the MTC ‘23 Newbies:

The first wave of ‘22’s had no measuring stick, many believed the Salesman’s spiel of “you’ll get it in 3 months “. Now we know better, having reference points of deliveries occurring after waits lasting 9, 12 and 15+ months
or longer.

Patience Grasshoppers. Enjoy the roller coaster ride, cuz you’re in for a doozy and you can always get off (and reward your dealer with a wheelbarrow full of found $)

[writes the guy with a freshly updated ‘22 within The Tracker indicating it’s now ‘Built’, after over a year. and it’s ready to ship]

jcartwright99

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You defending them does nothing as well, shill.
Shill
not so much. I’ve been looking at Suburu’s too and same thing. Friend just paid 20k over sticker for Escalade in the ATL area.

You’re right though, saying this isn’t just a Ford problem does nothing because people are plugging their ears wanting to complain they are getting screwed by Ford.

I’m fairly certain that people who complain are masochist’s because nobody is putting a gun to your head to buy it. If it’s just a Ford problem, then you ought to easily be able to buy something else and not run into the same issues.

Good luck with that!
Sponsored