Oh no!! Damaged Maverick 💔

Bbot

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL
So here is the sad truth ladies and gentlemen, March 2, 2022 I was stuck by another vehicle. They had insurance, so I won't have to pay cor anything (hopefully). I do have a few concerns and would like your input.

My Maverick is 2022 XLT awd ecoboost. Added features include FX4, and sunroof. I tinted my windows, added db drive 10" substation (Amp and sub in one), and my blinkers from yellow to led white switchbacks. Nothing crazy custom but it's mine. Ordered July 10th 2021, delivered Oct 21st 2021, so I've had for a bit. Love it!! If any of you who happen to still waiting for yours I would love give you any feed back, but here are my co concerns about my situation.

1. If I do need replacement parts, would there be any parts available from Ford in order to get them??

2. Would you take a check from the insurance company and get it fixed at a mom & pop body shop?? Possibly pocketing any left over dinero?Dinero??

3. What are the chances of them just totalling it due to lack of available parts?? If so, would you go back and order another Maverick/buy something else?

4. Just leave it and drive it around as is??

Idk I have so many mixed emotions your opinions would definitely help. Thanks.

20220303_175118.jpg

20220302_163520.jpg

20220302_163513.jpg

20220302_163511.jpg

20220302_163457.jpg

20220302_155854.jpg
Get it repaired by a Ford authorized repair facility, they warranty their work and your warranty on your truck will not be diminished. There could be frame damage or damage to electronics.
Sponsored

OB1e

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CG LUX XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Those photos are nauseating. I am so sorry that happened. At this point it depends on what the insurance company wants to do. If they total it, sadly they don't cover in the addons and the tint. The appraisal will come back lower to intentionally eff u over. Best case scenario is getting it repaired by someone reputable. But finding new doors will be a huge pain.

neosolidus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It has 2 or more wheels and an engine!
Engine
Undecided
I don't know if it varies by state, but you should not have to let the other insurance company declare your vehicle totaled. You have been damaged by their client. You can ask for it to be restored. Do not settle for anything less than what you want. As long as you aren't asking to profit, you are perfectly morally right to ask for full restoration regardless of the cost to their insurance or their client. So long as you are willing to wait.
It has very little to do with what the owner wants, most insurance companies will declare a vehicle totalled if the frame is even slightly damaged or if the repair cost is over 50% of the "value" of the vehicle.

HPR

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Drive it until the parts come in.

MichaelG

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don't take a check! You you play hell getting additional monies for hidden issues. No, I wouldn't drive it around like that.
Why wouldn't you drive it as it is? I don't see anything wrong driving it as long as the doors latch shut.

Sponsored

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It has very little to do with what the owner wants, most insurance companies will declare a vehicle totalled if the frame is even slightly damaged or if the repair cost is over 50% of the "value" of the vehicle.
Totaled is just a word. Another insurance company cannot force you to take what they deem the maximum damages or totaled value. You (or your insurance company) either work something out or you can sue them for the damages their client made to your vehicle (and other damages, like work loss, diminished value, etc.). You have every right to fight for your actual damages, even if they are more than your vehicle's value or someone's declared totaled value.

However, you may not have any right to force your insurance company to pay actual damages beyond a vehicle's value. But the issue here is another person is at fault and their insurance is on the hook.

EDIT: I confirmed Texas is not a No-Fault insurance state. If it was, then that would be something completely different.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gabe06

Gabe06

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Darn GM drivers
Sorry to see this little guy banged
At this stage of production of the Maverick, parts are a commodity and I would not take it anywhere but to an (A+, top notch) body shop who will quote factory supplied parts only, and highly recommend finding out what ever Ford dealer around you has the best body shop. The parts need to be new Ford parts and the other persons insurance company will force the issue on where to take it etc..... and will want to settle with a check. Say no way for sure. I had a 2 week old Taurus that my wife was hit by someone and I fought tooth and nail with the other insurance company for new Ford parts and my choice of the body shop to repair it. No 3 estimates etc.... that is BS if you are the one hit. I settled for nothing else. Finally gave them my insurance agents name and contact and said their lawyers can fight it out. I soon had an appointment, a rental and new Ford parts being painted and put on So, stick by your guns.
Thanks for the advice.

CPrevost

First Name
Cane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Be sure to take lots of before photos for when you sell it. It will have an accident on record and having good photos to show the next owner will make the sale easier. I hope parts are easy enough to procure. I'd likely check with my dealer on body shops.

Moby

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 sprinter van 65 chevy 11 Doka syncro
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I would not let them repair the doors . You should be getting two brand new doors put on . Did the side air bags go off ? Also in my province they brand a vehicle that has had an accident like that . When you go to trade or sell you take a significant loss in value .Most dealers would not even take it in trade .Best of luck

ShadowChas

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
some parts are available, some take awhile. i don't know about texas but here in michigan for them to repair damage would have to be at least 50% of the vehicle price or certain areas like roof pillars that make unsafe repairs for vehicle to be "totalled" also insurance may cover your loaner/rental car if using the other persons fault insurance? i myself am still waiting for bar behind the front grill on mine from a slight deer accident and i'm driving until they get all the parts.

Sponsored

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Zero chance they total it.

It will use third party body parts as almost all body work does. It'll look as good as a new Maverick that just got hit on the side can look. Looks like about $3,750-$4,000 to fix.

Sorry that happened.

TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If insurance tries to total it, get a lawyer / public adjuster. Make sure they pay you market value to replace it. if you were to walk onto a dealer lot (if you can even find a Mav) you will pay over sticker.
You will absolutely NOT be compensated for any ADM paid at purchase. This is one of those situations that people paying over MSRP will come out on the short end of the stick on.

mcc63303

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sold 22 Hybrid XL now 24 Hybrid XL, 57 Chevy 454ci
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Take it to the dealership body shop only! Preferably the dealer you bought it from. Don't try to make money, just get it fixed right. One thing to think about, with insurance involved it will show up on a "Carfax" as being wrecked. Won't matter as much if you keep it 10 years or more, but if you happen to sell it sooner could lessen the price, keep photos, estimate and final repair bill for sure!

A Dodge that drives Fords

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Noooooooo 😭

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does not look totaled to me. I'd be concerned about the door pilar if damaged. Otherwise it may be just door skins. Have your collision insurance pay for it they will get reimbursed. You will not get a rate increase.Your deductable should also be rreimbursed. Take it to the body shop of your choosing. The insurance company will try and push you to one of their shops. And some of them are good. Unfortunately they will not cover diminished value. If you plan to keep it for a while prob not a problem. But if you go to sell it there will be a hit. Do not take a check. Truck is to new trying to make a cpl bucks to do that.
Sponsored