MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I guess this is the last week that I have any hope of getting a build date with a delivery date by the end of September.
Yep.. it's this week or bust if you're looking for a late September delivery.
Sponsored

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yep.. it's this week or bust if you're looking for a late September delivery.
When I ordered my base hybrid last October, sales guy said at earliest March delivery and absolute latest August and we both laughed about it taking as long as August. Just a pathetic job by Ford.

NOLAguy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Oct 9th I ordered a Hybrid, XLT, lux w SIBL and 360 - went by dealer today just to show my face - they're useless.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I ordered my base hybrid last October, sales guy said at earliest March delivery and absolute latest August and we both laughed about it taking as long as August. Just a pathetic job by Ford.
When I ordered in October, Tim had just put out a video where - if I recall correctly - he said he believed all MY22 Mavericks would be built by April.

Things have gotten worse since then. I don't blame Ford, I believe they're doing the best they can with what they have. Not everything is within their control.

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I ordered in October, Tim had just put out a video where - if I recall correctly - he said he believed all MY22 Mavericks would be built by April.

Things have gotten worse since then. I don't blame Ford, I believe they're doing the best they can with what they have. Not everything is within their control.
I was on Fords side for months and months. I jumped ship when they went a month with no scheduling and said they would close the plant for two weeks in July. They can’t at least schedule repairs on weekends or overnights? This is a company that has been around for over 100 years. They aren’t Bollinger, Rivian, Tesla, Lucid, etc. Don’t they have ANY back up plans for getting parts? I used to work at a major pharmaceutical company. They had multiple backup plans if there was a fire, hurricane, earthquake, etc. at the facilities. They told us that if TWO plants went down at the same time, we could be back to 100 percent production within 48 hours using the other plants.

Sponsored

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was on Fords side for months and months. I jumped ship when they went a month with no scheduling and said they would close the plant for two weeks in July. They can’t at least schedule repairs on weekends or overnights? This is a company that has been around for over 100 years. They aren’t Bollinger, Rivian, Tesla, Lucid, etc. Don’t they have ANY back up plans for getting parts? I used to work at a major pharmaceutical company. They had multiple backup plans if there was a fire, hurricane, earthquake, etc. at the facilities. They told us that if TWO plants went down at the same time, we could be back to 100 percent production within 48 hours using the other plants.
I'm not saying I'm on Ford's side, more like.. neutral. I can't pretend to be an expert on Big Pharma, but I'm assuming those drugs did not need microchips or lithium ion battery packs.

I do wish Ford had some way where we could track our build using our info and order number, rather than forcing us to wait till we have a VIN. But I can see there would be big logistical challenges with that. And having just "ordered" an Acura, the salesman told me that they just get told what they're getting and a projected build date - nothing more.

Ford is dependent on so many third party suppliers, as are all companies. We just don't know the full story. What I think is safe to assume is that Ford would love for all of us to have purchased our Mavericks by now, and they'll be doing everything possible to make that happen ASAP.

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Most companies now use just on time ordering. Many years ago probably 30 plus Ford stockpiled parts for 1000's of vehicles. Economy stumbled cars sale sunk. Now we have Million's in inventory. What to do?

Area I use to work around 3 warehouses, they were all within a 3 mile radius. Now office buildings or Roush bought them. Parts arrive at final assembly get installed.

If the supplier has a problem no vehicles get built.

JamesC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Mustang GT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I called today and the Ford rep was very helpful and chatty. 10/14 XL w/ 360, no VIN yet.

I asked about the egift card and he sent $100 my way!

Mendicant

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 F-150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Proud October orderer. Unfortunately I ordered the XLT luxury package, am I am not backing down from it. So I do not have hope of seeing one anytime soon.

Kath

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
October 6th date
Not a single email from Ford
Called Ford and they confirmed I am in
Xlt Catcus Grey Lux Slider window with soft trifold

Thinking about dumping the cover, there are better options

Hodl for the lux package. I can wait to get what I want.
I am also an October order, what Is this number you are calling to get a confirmation?

Sponsored

Bodageta

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Chevrolet K1500, 1989 Corvette Conv
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got the same story but now my dealer tells me they cancelled mine because it wasn’t going to get built and that the regional manager told him to, but he wouldn’t show me proof. I guess I’ll have to quit the October club and start again with the next August club.

djw479

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Mav Lariat Lux / '90 ZR-1 / '03 Yamaha V-Max
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I got the same story but now my dealer tells me they cancelled mine because it wasn’t going to get built and that the regional manager told him to, but he wouldn’t show me proof. I guess I’ll have to quit the October club and start again with the next August club.
Unless your dealer didn't submit your original order correctly (ROVP, etc), I think the dealership is just lying to you to get you to walk away from order. Then they can sell your Mav at some inflated price...whenever it finally gets delivered to dealership.

If your order was incorrectly submitted, its the dealership's fault, not Ford.