Sponsored

Not seeing Mavericks in the wild... why not? How about your community?

dgreenjets

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Hybrid VB
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hadn't seen but 1 in Montgomery Al. Since I got mine about 2 weeks ago I have seen 2 more in Montgomery and one in Prattville, just north of here.
Sponsored

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Last week I was driving and I saw a Carbon grey Maverick pass me. About 5 cars behind them was a Cactus grey maverick. Maybe they were going to some kind of meet up?

So far in my neck of the woods I've seen an Area 51, Silver (lives right up the street from me), Velocity blue, Carbon grey and Cactus grey. Seen a few at the dealer that came in for orders.

Last Truck Ever

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hadn't seen but 1 in Montgomery Al. Since I got mine about 2 weeks ago I have seen 2 more in Montgomery and one in Prattville, just north of here.
North Alabama here, I've seen one, a cyber orange, it got past me so quickly I didn't recognize that I'd finally spotted one until it was gone! Like a ghost, see it in the corner of your eye, look straight at it and its gone! My job takes me regularly travelling across ALL of North Alabama and that is STILL the only one I've seen.

barxlt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Saw the first in NJ it was a black XLT . It looked great and the owner said he loves it .For the Sirius problem he had it installed at Best Buy . The antenna was on his dash in the passenger corner of the windshield with no visible wires . May have been Bluetooth.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
More sightings: Walking back from dropping off my daughter at school saw a carbon grey scooting down the street very near to my house. Mouth agape, I pointed at it, speechless. Just passing through or is there another Maverick inhabiting my neighborhood? My question was answered a few days later when I saw the same carbon grey navigating its way around other well used streets in my neighborhood. I'm sure we will find ourselves in the Home Depot parking lot one of these days.

Sponsored

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have had a total of 3 "followed me home" to ask questions in 6 weeks. My Ring doorbell captures people who are out walking, come into my driveway to take a look. People are captivated. Also been flipped off by drivers of large, lifted, redneck pickups, who then rev the crap out of their trucks, and lots of crap comes out of their exhausts. You know the kind that are all noise and no go.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have had a total of 3 "followed me home" to ask questions in 6 weeks. My Ring doorbell captures people who are out walking, come into my driveway to take a look. People are captivated. Also been flipped off by drivers of large, lifted, redneck pickups, who then rev the crap out of their trucks, and lots of crap comes out of their exhausts. You know the kind that are all noise and no go.
A lot of those trucks are the ones speeding down the highway, their speed only inhibited by whatever is in front of them for the moment. Then, they'll either tailgate or cut somebody off to pass on the right. They think they're driving tanks? I bet some tanks get better gas mileage. Apparently, gas is not yet too expensive.

OP
OP
Shecster

Shecster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1930 Model A Ford - 1971 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So I rolled by two local,dealers as they both had “ used “ Mavericks on their lots. Audi dealer had (sold in 3 days), a used Lariat AWD - sold at north of 48k with 5833 miles. The Ford lot has two XL’s......an area 51 Hybrid with a hitch and that’s it - dealer starting the conversation @ $45,900. 🙃and a white Eco unit @ $43,995. They both had about 3300 miles on them....... let’s see how long these last.

I have seen a number of units rolling through town as we walk the dog etc. Grey and silver appear to be popular colors around here and the majority have been XLT’s. It still fun to spot one rolling by and I try to give the owners a thumbs up....... I’m retired what can I say? Just happy to see folks out and using the Mavericks as trucks ✔🇺🇸

Reactions: Dad

BlueXL_73

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I live in Dallas, and I am actively looking for Mavericks on the street. The last time I saw one was in mid-April. Yesterday, on the drive home from work, I saw Three Broncos, Three Bronco Sports, Two '22 Nissan Frontiers, and a Mustang Mach-E.

I'm not really asking a question, just making the observation, I see multiple Bronco Sports every day, and have been seeing them all the time since last summer. It's manufactured in the same building as the Maverick, and is dealing with the same supply chain problems. There is one Ford dealer in Dallas, and one in Ft. Worth that even has a picture of the Maverick on their website.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
still not a single Maverick sighting in my little town. We have maybe 8 Bronco Sports I see regularly.

Sponsored

n0maverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tiguan, 2022 Maverick, 2013 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I rolled by two local,dealers as they both had “ used “ Mavericks on their lots. Audi dealer had (sold in 3 days), a used Lariat AWD - sold at north of 48k with 5833 miles. The Ford lot has two XL’s......an area 51 Hybrid with a hitch and that’s it - dealer starting the conversation @ $45,900. 🙃and a white Eco unit @ $43,995. They both had about 3300 miles on them....... let’s see how long these last.

I have seen a number of units rolling through town as we walk the dog etc. Grey and silver appear to be popular colors around here and the majority have been XLT’s. It still fun to spot one rolling by and I try to give the owners a thumbs up....... I’m retired what can I say? Just happy to see folks out and using the Mavericks as trucks ✔🇺🇸
makes my $26k xlt seem like a bargain! IDK if someone rolled up with $50k cash I might sell it. :)

aitch-2-oh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus X
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

There's a Fleet White (don't believe that's what FoMoCo calls it!) EB in the neighborhood, have seen only 3 'in the wild', which almost offsets the 3 Santa Clauses (sic) and 2 Rivians seen. To my eye, the Santa Clauses, with its bumps, angles and seemingly short bed, looks like a Brat that escaped a mad scientist's lab, admitting to a Maverick bias.

I believe this 'how many have you seen' thread will wane by June of 2023. In the meantime, I'll keep looking...

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I try to give fellow Maverick owners a thumbs up, but they go by so fast all I see is their taillights by the time I can raise up my thumb!

OP
OP
Shecster

Shecster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1930 Model A Ford - 1971 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
makes my $26k xlt seem like a bargain! IDK if someone rolled up with $50k cash I might sell it. :)
I certainly hear that! It is a crazy situation ......keep your ride and enjoy it all.
Be well - 🇺🇸✔

Reactions: Dad