Sponsored

Not seeing Mavericks in the wild... why not? How about your community?

landscpdesgnr

First Name
liz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2022 Mav XLT Lux CP360 & Ford Fusion 2014
I have seen only 1 in Dec 2021 down the main road from my dealer, probably had just left there. I saw another when we p/u our Mav leaving that dealer when we did.

I am super pumped I saw a Lucid Air $170,000 2 weeks ago and yesterday I saw a Rivian truck 🤯 not as ugly in person surprisingly 😆

Ford Maverick Not seeing Mavericks in the wild... why not? How about your community? 20220519_073958
Sponsored

Randy H.

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How disappointing that he didn't see you.
Love the subtle sarcasm from someone who chose an authoritarian username of “DAD”. Just kidding, I was slightly disappointed.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Love the subtle sarcasm from someone who chose an authoritarian username of “DAD”. Just kidding, I was slightly disappointed.
I had no intention of being sarcastic. My post was sincere. I had the pleasure of pulling up to a fellow Maverick owner at a light and we had a great time exchanging grins, horn honks, and excited waves. It made my day and my post was to express my disappointment that you weren't able to experience the same.

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I’m confused when I pull up to another Maverick and the owner seems oblivious…. Actually had 3 non interactions like that (though one was a pool company work truck so that guy gets a pass)
The best one was driving home on the freeway another Area 51 XLT cruised with me side by side for about two miles
Mine an ecoboost and his a hybrid
It probably was a neat site for anyone else seeing not one but two driving together

I see them all the time, but my dad has yet to spot a single Maverick in the wild
I suspect his scanning skills are not as good as mine (and I drive a lot more than he does because I’m not retired)

Skeeziks

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape; 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I live in Phoenix and have seen exactly 1 Maverick in the wild when I pulled up behind a Black XLT at a stoplight. I might have seen a white one coming towards me the other day but not enough of a look to confirm. Didn't see any on the recent 4200 mile road trip. What surprises me a bit is the number of people who have no idea what a Maverick even is, including some of my family members. In the entire 3 months of ownership I have only had one person notice and ask about it.

Sponsored

Chicago Mike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shadow Black Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have had mine since the end of January. I drive 50 miles a day back and forth to work, mostly interstate. I pass the time by actively looking for a fellow Mav. So three and a half months and I have not seen one yet in the El Paso area. 🤷🏼‍

Tbolt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' EcoSport SES, 22' Lariat Lux FX4 Eco Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I came out to my pickup this afternoon and a light silver Mav was parked next to me. That’s the first time that has happened. Also the 4th one I’ve seen on post now. Would have taken a picture but the driver was in it so it felt weird. We gave each other the thumbs up though.

mleugene

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 550, Flex
I live in the boonies and I've seen one in the wild, on a trip to the big city, and one that appeared to be being passed around among local Ford dealers just to prove that they exist.

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have seen only 1 in Dec 2021 down the main road from my dealer, probably had just left there. I saw another when we p/u our Mav leaving that dealer when we did.

I am super pumped I saw a Lucid Air $170,000 2 weeks ago and yesterday I saw a Rivian truck 🤯 not as ugly in person surprisingly 😆

20220519_073958.jpg
I've seen 4 Rivians driving around where I live. If I had a bigger bank account I'd be on that waiting list!
We also have 2 Lucid showrooms within 5 miles. No wonder nobody is asking me about my Maverick LOL

Sponsored

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m confused when I pull up to another Maverick and the owner seems oblivious…. Actually had 3 non interactions like that (though one was a pool company work truck so that guy gets a pass)
The best one was driving home on the freeway another Area 51 XLT cruised with me side by side for about two miles
Mine an ecoboost and his a hybrid
It probably was a neat site for anyone else seeing not one but two driving together

I see them all the time, but my dad has yet to spot a single Maverick in the wild
I suspect his scanning skills are not as good as mine (and I drive a lot more than he does because I’m not retired)
Awkward, right ... as in "You're driving a Maverick and you're not as excited about it as I am??"

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What are the chances? Driving northbound on highway 101 near Ventura CA and what merges onto the highway directly behind me? Yep, a cactus grey hybrid XLT toting a bike rack. We exchanged waves and thumbs up as he surged past me as if I had the emergency brake on. Heck, I was doing 65!
Love seeing Mavericks in the wild as it gives me the opportunity to fully appreciate the beauty of this vehicle. Can't do that when I'm driving it. Ok, anyone else drive very slowly past storefronts with large windows hoping to catch a glimpse of themselves? LOL!

dmoyes1950

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, AWD, FX4, 4K Tow Package
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I live in Phoenix and have seen exactly 1 Maverick in the wild when I pulled up behind a Black XLT at a stoplight. I might have seen a white one coming towards me the other day but not enough of a look to confirm. Didn't see any on the recent 4200 mile road trip. What surprises me a bit is the number of people who have no idea what a Maverick even is, including some of my family members. In the entire 3 months of ownership I have only had one person notice and ask about it.
Just finished an 1,185 road trip Mesa-San Diego-Las Vegas and home. We saw two other mavericks--one near Tucson and one near Kingman. That brings the total to five that I've seen (other than my own) since we took delivery in late January. This with just over 6,000 miles driven in the new Maverick. Seems strange. I see a lot of Santa Fe's and a TON of new Frontiers--where are the Mavericks?

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just finished an 1,185 road trip Mesa-San Diego-Las Vegas and home. We saw two other mavericks--one near Tucson and one near Kingman. That brings the total to five that I've seen (other than my own) since we took delivery in late January. This with just over 6,000 miles driven in the new Maverick. Seems strange. I see a lot of Santa Fe's and a TON of new Frontiers--where are the Mavericks?
At the Kansas City train yards
Sponsored