First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Slightly o t ........ I had a Z06 C6. Ugh is all I can say. GM had to rebuild the engine twice under warranty.
I traded for C-5 Z06 for the C-6. Too lazy to shift in traffic.
Sponsored

ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F150, 2014 Ford Fusion
My man, Spotify Premium is $10 a month. Make a playlist with a hundred songs, download them, plug your phone into the truck and BAM, you can control it as if it was the best CD is history

Reactions: TCK

ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F150, 2014 Ford Fusion
Do people still actually listen to a radio while driving? Asking for a friend.
I unfortunately did while I was driving 1 hour to university with my Mom's 2001 Frontier that didnt have an AUX port

TB84

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mavxl
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I understand your disappointment. Whether you knew about the lack of options before sale or after it is still disappointing.

I think why most can't relate is their place of existence is small. Meaning they don't know that there are lots of places in the US without cell phone cover.. I mean miles/hours without any music. Without the CD or Satellite some have came accustomed to this will be a boring ride. At least you would be able to find all those squeaks and rattles..

This brings us into to the next step of music evolution. Digital tracks. You can have a digital library built for you by a family member.

Or another option would be us a service like Amazon music. You can download songs you like then play them offline. This requires a subscription though..

But this all doesn't address the main issue, not being attached to your phone. A solution to this is get a cheap tablet and keep that in the car. I use a Dragon K10 for this, it has my music and offline gps. I can leave the phone at home and not worry about music or GPS.

Good luck on the transformation.
Simple, respectful, and helpful. Amazing, Just amazing.

Cactus_Kid

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Shadow Blk Mustang GT Prem A10
Yup ................ youtube music subscription.

Sponsored

Texchappy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 MINI Cooper S cabrio, 2014 Lincoln Navigator
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anybody have the directions for doing the punch cards to program that computer thing I keep seeing on the dash?

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lots a ageist comments flying on this thread

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We took possession of a Maverick XLT this past Friday; my wife and I were looking forward to road trips in it. No Sirius XM, no CD player and I cannot find any navigation. Like a lot of people of my generation I do not like being tied to my cell phone, I leave mine at home at every opportunity. Somewhat disappointing!
It's not like you can't add an after market SiriusXM module. Shoot in a few weeks I would expect there will be a module for the XL and XLT specifically from manufacturers. You can add a CD/DVD player as well. Here are a couple of links.
https://www.xm-radio-satellite.com/ford-siriusxm-radio-oem-factory-radio-kit/
And this is a less expensive alternative...not sure if Ford Connect is compatible. It's just a matter of time. https://shop.siriusxm.com/siriusxm-sxv300-connect-vehicle-tuner.html

TB84

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mavxl
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Only between 6am-6pm below 45mph with extended restrictions on weekends. Proof of continence is required in Alabama.
I didn't realize that someone over 60 was still allowed to drive 🙄
The Officer asked "Do you know how fast you were going?" I said, are you kidding? I'm just trying to remember where I'm going.

Sponsored

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lol I think I'll dig out my discman when I finally get my hybrid... :D

MaverickTime

Banned
Banned
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Ranger
What if he's using a Motorola Razor flip phone ?
I had used a flip phone for many years. Some may laugh at this but in my management position I just got tired of stupid emloyees invading my prescious free time with stupid questions. Even moved to a remote location when company gave me an iphone. Sorry guys, in area with no reseption lol

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had used a flip phone for many years. Some may laugh at this but in my management position I just got tired of stupid emloyees invading my prescious free time with stupid questions. Even moved to a remote location when company gave me an iphone. Sorry guys, in area with no reseption lol
I loved flip phone, rings open phone talk. Done.

Had friends who bragged about multi-tasking...lol....not one straight panel on any of their vehicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.