Not open for further replies.

Cactus_Kid

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Shadow Blk Mustang GT Prem A10
Agreed. I'm 72 and my phone is rarely out of reach. And I'm guessing the link for android carplay would provide more up to the minute nav and traffic conditions than on board gps. But that's just me.
Fords nav is a travesty as are the other captive navs. I just had my dealer do the latest Sync 3 update in my Mustang. Still has wrong speed limits. Does not show new roads that have been opened at least a year. It does show new places to spend money. It is all about advertising dollars. On a parting note, it still has one driving thru a stock pond on the highway going round Ft Hood. 🤣 The state moved it several years ago ............ :rolleyes:
Sponsored

Reactions: TCK

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For me I have ADHD. My attention is on the road and surrounding areas. Situational awareness I believe. When younger I listened to the radio all the time. Now though, a song may remind me of a fun event form years past and that may distract me.:unsure: So I just choose to focus on my driving.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Maverick was designed and targeted at people 35 and under with low cost and great fuel economy. This demographic whole lives are in their cell phones from social interaction, to banking, to music. To them the Maverick is economical and eco friendly and easily obtainable on a budget. I’m 55 and know your frustration, my wife wanted SiriusXM and adaptive cruise control so my XLT went to a Lariat with the Lariat Luxury Package. I don’t know the last time you purchased a new vehicle but CD player have went the way of the Dodo 🦤 as for SiriusXM is only comes with the Lariat Lux package but I believe for $5.99 a month you can stream SiriusXM through their mobile app it much cheaper than upgrading.
that was only 1 of the targeted demographics. Ford is casting a wider net than that, including people like me who still want a compact truck like the old Rangers, people who want a cheap entry level vehicle that can still carry 5 people comfortably, people who don't want a compact UTE but do want the versatility, Fleets and service vehicles, etc.

Ih8thew82

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT LUX Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Really ? My take is that it was designed for those of us that want the utility of a pick up when needed with the ease of entry a car affords. I am one of them. So is grandma grumpy. It will be perfect for her to go to the garden place for potting soil and mulch. As fuel costs rise, I like the hybrid. My Mustang is a hoot to drive. Not sure though how much longer I will be able to do so. I'm in my mid 70's. I like the width of the drivers door and the seat height. The base unit would make a great college car.
The deciding factor was whether my wife could get in the passenger side. It was actually easier for her than my '14 Rogue. Ordered a hybrid XLT Lux the next day. Hope it gets here before the Rogue turns 10!

Ih8thew82

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT LUX Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For me I have ADHD. My attention is on the road and surrounding areas. Situational awareness I believe. When younger I listened to the radio all the time. Now though, a song may remind me of a fun event form years past and that may distract me.:unsure: So I just choose to focus on my driving.
And that's the bottom line for all of us who may have lost a bit of reaction time. Stay safe, brother!

Sponsored

Tony_The_Wiseguy

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat Area 51
Funny because my car now (2012 Sonic) has XM and a CD player that I never use, and I would trade them in a heartbeat for Apple Car Play.

TB84

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mavxl
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And that's the bottom line for all of us who may have lost a bit of reaction time. Stay safe, brother!
Y'all are better than me. I no longer have reaction time, I have review time. By the time I realize what is happening, think about what to do, and decide what action to take, it's over and all I can do is review it.

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I didn't realize that someone over 60 was still allowed to drive 🙄

Cactus_Kid

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The deciding factor was whether my wife could get in the passenger side. It was actually easier for her than my '14 Rogue. Ordered a hybrid XLT Lux the next day. Hope it gets here before the Rogue turns 10!
You were speaking of the car right ? ;) I ask as I've noticed my wife holding conversations with the cat. At times she includes the dog too. :rolleyes:

Sponsored

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Only between 6am-6pm below 45mph with extended restrictions on weekens. Proof of continence is required in Alabama.
Ford Maverick Not "Boomer" friendly... no Sirius XM, no CD player shoppi

Cactus_Kid

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Agreed. I'm 72 and my phone is rarely out of reach. And I'm guessing the link for android carplay would provide more up to the minute nav and traffic conditions than on board gps. But that's just me.
I actually carry a spare phone just in case. Uses a pre loaded sim card. I keep it charged, not turned on.

Cactus_Kid

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Slightly o t ........ I had a Z06 C6. Ugh is all I can say. GM had to rebuild the engine twice under warranty.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.