Sponsored

Non-powered sliding window option- Why ?

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It looks a bit bigger from the inside... Is the manual and the power the same size???
I borrowed this pic -

1630365146019.png
The measurement I made was on a Lariat model, but I don't think it would be any different on the XL or XLT models.
Sponsored

potatosalad

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dogs love to stick their head out and say hello to all the other cars.
This is literally the only reason I added the rear dog window option to my build

stick

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep wrangler 4xe; 13 vw gli; 21 maverick xlt
Have you really looked at the picture of it. The window is very small. It appears to be about 6 inches tall and the bottom of it appears to be 4 inches above the bed top.

Since the bed is only 4.5 feet deep going through the window with an 6 foot board will hit the ceiling. I really can't see a 8-10 foot anything going through that window.

Maverick Rear Window.JPG
I love it! Challenge accepted. First pass I’m thinking handtowel on the dash and around the window and make a diy holder for the other end (or strap down against top of tailgate). Not putting a 2x10 in, but often c-channel, pipe, and other items that fit thru the window. Sometimes just plain old fun getting things to work. For example, my son talk about a 2in drain for sump pump to run 30 ft. Three 2 in pipes 10ft long-done

notfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Lux FFV
Engine
Undecided
Not putting a 2x10 in, but often c-channel, pipe, and other items that fit thru the window.
I suppose it depends on how far you're going, but I'd rather carry those items on a soft rack or something and not risk taking a pipe or a furring strip to the shoulder or neck on a turn.

I used to use the rear slider a lot when I had a regular cab pickup. Obviously can't reach back there with an extended or crew cab. Only time I use it is when I want to use my mag-mount antenna.

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had a rear slider on my old 70's full size pickup in the 90's and lived in a bad area at the time and it seemed like criminals were always trying to pry that thing open. Sometimes I'd find marks on it from screwdrivers and other times they busted it open. I wonder if newer ones have a batter latch that prevents that or any type of safety feature. Seems like nowadays the meth heads and theives (especially in San Fran) just smash windows so maybe that doesn't even matter.

Sponsored

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I got it because I wanted it, just like the sunroof and all of the XLT packages plus Alto. It’s what I wanted, it’s my truck so it works for me.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I changed my mind and added in the "manual rear sliding window" along with the "rear cab 110V/400W outlet".

The main reason was this one from a previous post:

"I added the in cab 110V and I’ll just keep an extension cord around instead of having the rarely used in bed 110V. "

That reason was what put me over the top to order both the rear cab 110V/400W outlet and the manual rear sliding window.

I am ordering an XLT Hybrid with Co-Pilot360 for the additional safety features (and insurance savings) it offers anyway and I am getting both at invoice price so total costs are $284 + 6.25% tax of $17.75 equals $301.75

I keep my vehicles at least 12 years so that works out to be $25.15 yearly. About the cost of one dinner.

Also I do sometimes need 8/10 foot PVC sprinkler pipe and that should fit through the window.

UCFGoose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None because no registration on Maverick
The rear window is a must for me. It's too dang hot out to open the regular windows and I have a son who will be 8 on Saturday and he cuts farts that would knock a buzzard off a week-old corpse so I have to get them out somehow

Benson

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Benson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For the 2x4 that you were one short of ordering enough or the plumbing
PVC pipe that are 10' in length. Better here than trying to hang over side mirror
like we did on the farm.
We can feed extra long items thru the window.

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The rear window is a must for me. It's too dang hot out to open the regular windows and I have a son who will be 8 on Saturday and he cuts farts that would knock a buzzard off a week-old corpse so I have to get them out somehow
whenever your son needs to go somewhere, put him in an Uber!

Benson

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Benson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just curious what is the use case is for such a small back slider that is manually opened except on Lariat ? Seems like the brackets to open/close & frame are larger than the actually opening- lol

Just dont order the manual slider then tyou won't be disappointed .....it's mainly just a bit of fresh air for the fur kids.
Sponsored