TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's your truck, display what you want. If you truly believe in it then nothing anyone will say will sway you from it. But free speech goes both ways and someone may disagree with you. That's part of the issues with flying your beliefs publicly.

IPunchCholla

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 E150, 2014 Leaf
Put what you want on your truck. I have about 15 stickears on my E-150. Maybe the Bernie sticker or the gay pride subpop was the reason my valve stems were cut, twice. Or maybe it was just a bored teen. I’m not going to worry about how people react to what I decorate my van with. Though I don’t put stickers that are against things on there, just that are for things, I like to be positive.

I also don’t view the flag as patriotic. It is just the flag. I donate my time and money to improving this country and I take part in the political process from the school board on up. I view myself as patriotic. I also recognize that there is much that could be improved in our country and much that our government has done that is morally reprehensible. Anyone can waive the flag all they want, doesn’t mean they have contributed a damn thing to making US better.

BTW, the flag stuff is not directed at you as your service speaks for itself.

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you don't want to be political, don't put political stickers on your car. If you want to be political, put political stickers on your car. Easy peasy.

TooManyVehicles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I use a strict "No stickers on vehicles" philosophy in my household. at least on vehicles I own (which is all of them).

Sponsored

Mag Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No Sir I thank you for protecting me over here so that I could do my job !!! God bless the United States
God bless our ladies and gentlemen in uniform wherever they have served at.

God bless all of our ladies and gentlemen in law enforcement in the United States.
God bless all of Our Ladies and Gentlemen who are First Responders.

And pray for our nation.

UberGadgetFreak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My take is - I don't agree with everyone and not everyone agrees with me, but everyone has the right to display their "17 pieces of flair" any way they want. Personally, I find those who use vulgar or blatantly hateful flair or oversized flags are just being attention-seeking douchecanoes, but.. its their right, too. We all can express our likes and opinions any way we want. Others may not like it, but they should (not that they will) be mature about it.

Do what you want. It's your truck.

SlappaDaBass

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav Hybrid XLT, '21 Forrester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Please don't get this closed with Political BS

Asking my Texas friends advice and opinions relating to overtly displaying Patriotism on MY soon to exist Ford Maverick Truck

Background:
Drafted 1973 US Army Enlisted ,retired Jan 96 AS A Command Sargent's Major 25ish years ago
37 years married to career soldier who also retired as a CSM
DAV...Life
VFW...Life
American Legion...Life
AMVETS...Life
NRA... life
Long time Loyal Ford owner
35 years in Lampasas Texas
Transplant to Texas, from Army Brat 1955 Army hospital birth having lived ALL over this globe

Lately have NOT been displaying ANY affiliations or voting decals on our vehicles because hateful humans feel free/cool to destroy our property. They are too cowardly to accost us in a parking lot about our very overt stance on Patriotism or Constitutionally assured rights.

I have about had enough of being a wussie, and desire this new very cool truck to express my patriotic veteran and very pro 2Nd Amendment stance

No disrespect but I think a pickup with 29 stickers expressing Korea, Vietnam, Gulf War vet and vote this or that, moose hunter, trophy hunter, hog hunter, NRA or whatever is a tad gaudy IMO......I am OK with it, and bear zero negative vibe ...just not for me

So I am thinking a tad subdued but a tad in your face...example Old Glory 1776 see through back window flag...IMO benign
And one or more "Come and Take It" cannon decals...A Little more belligerent
And one Combat Veteran decal

I Seriously welcome all ,pro or con opinions

Please don't force me to respond to every "thank you for your service" post
my response is always: It was an Honor serving, being trained to be a leader, and training future leaders... the most rewarding 42 years of my life
* you can't help doing the math and saying to your self WTF 73 to 96 isn't 42.....I was DoD GS civilian until 2012

You might guess our political affiliation and most will be surprised to be wrong....absolutely NOT LOCK STEP TO ANY PARTY...Is there a nitch group of 67 year old Neo - Libertarians..??

I think political affiliation has become too much of a distraction recently. It’s a tool to divide and have people assume many negative things about you - regardless of your left or right stance.

It’s not about being a wuss. It’s about not wanting to have your tires slashed by someone from an opposing viewpoint. Same goes for sports stickers, ect.

notfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Lux FFV
Engine
Undecided
I keep the stickers to a minimum. I think a few neutral ones are good ice breakers, but I also think that every additional sticker dilutes the message of each individual sticker, if that makes sense.

I currently have a Buc-ee's sticker and a "Don't mess with Texas" sticker. Cuz who doesn't love Buc-ee's and, in case you weren't aware, "Don't mess with Texas" means don't freakin' litter!

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
PLEASE DONT GET THIS CLOSED WITH POLITICAL BS

Here's my dissertation on my political stances

I love guns so much I sleep with them and I'm the biggest patriot around

Sorry but that's pretty whacky lol, you can't say hey I'm not trying to make things political and then fill the next sentence with your political views lmao! My personal politics aren't relevant, I think bumper stickers are tacky and best case scenario they get your tires slashed.

Veteran stickers I don't really mind as much mostly because I realize that represents a significant portion of their life. Veteran stickers are also relatively apolitical, you don't have to agree with Vietnam to have fought in it. I still wouldn't apply any stickers myself, I think cars can be beautiful and its a shame seeing a giant ugly coexist sticker or a sticker of a family and their dog and their cousin and their etc etc etc. I hate looking at all of them and the fact that someone put relatively extreme positions on their bumper makes me feel like they're an unhinged lunatic.

I don't think you're a bad person for using stickers, I just kinda think its a weird thing to do with your expensive new car.
So, living in fear and allowing the miscreants of society rule is ok with you. So much for the land of the free and the home of the brave.

Sponsored

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Put what you want on your truck. I have about 15 stickears on my E-150. Maybe the Bernie sticker or the gay pride subpop was the reason my valve stems were cut, twice. Or maybe it was just a bored teen. I’m not going to worry about how people react to what I decorate my van with. Though I don’t put stickers that are against things on there, just that are for things, I like to be positive.

I also don’t view the flag as patriotic. It is just the flag. I donate my time and money to improving this country and I take part in the political process from the school board on up. I view myself as patriotic. I also recognize that there is much that could be improved in our country and much that our government has done that is morally reprehensible. Anyone can waive the flag all they want, doesn’t mean they have contributed a damn thing to making US better.

BTW, the flag stuff is not directed at you as your service speaks for itself.
Too many people assume if you are positive for A, then you must be negative for B. "Political" is in the mind of the beholder.

Every country has skeletons in the closet, some more than others. If you are concentrating on the positive what country has done more aggregate positive in the world in the last 250 years. That should be reason alone to fly the flag.

Is patriotism political? If so then that is a problem.

Arukoru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
So, living in fear and allowing the miscreants of society rule is ok with you. So much for the land of the free and the home of the brave.
If that is what you took away from my comment I'd advise you avoid facebook lol.

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Funny thing is, both sides think the other is the miscreants.
Usually it is the lack of true education and the ability think, reason and act responsibly. It is the action that defines the miscreants portion. Regardless, are you going to live in fear of them on either side and allow them to control your life.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.