First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Never thought a truck would need a rear defroster with a vertical window and heater much closer to it then in an SUV.
Sponsored

2022MAVERICKAWDCT

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK XLT AWD FX4 4K Tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Correct me if I'm wrong. Looks like neither the XL or XLT have a rear defroster. Looking at photos of climate controls, there's no button I can find. I'm pretty sure l read that the Lariat power slider comes with defroster.
I've never had a Crew Cab Pickup truck with a rear window defroster. You won't need it since the distance from the Dash vents to the rear glass is relativity short, maybe 4-5 ft....In the bronco sport the distance is closer to 7-8 ft in which the vents can't easily push warm air back that far. Also the glass is vertical which makes it difficult for snow / ice to accumulate. :coffee:

abcinv

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Tundra DBL Cab Limited 4WD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My '06 Tundra has the rear defrost and the few times I've needed it over the years I was glad to have it. That said not having it in the Maverick (XLT) will not be an issue.

I think it's one of those things that it's nice to have but not a game changer to not have...

rognus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid, Subaru Impreza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My '06 Tundra has the rear defrost and the few times I've needed it over the years I was glad to have it. That said not having it in the Maverick (XLT) will not be an issue.

I think it's one of those things that it's nice to have but not a game changer to not have...
WE get snow ice and plenty of frost (sitting at the base of the Sierras) but mine will be in the garage every night so certainly not a game changer either way for me.

Wasatch-Man

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Correct me if I'm wrong. Looks like neither the XL or XLT have a rear defroster. Looking at photos of climate controls, there's no button I can find. I'm pretty sure l read that the Lariat power slider comes with defroster.
I live in Northern Utah and my 2002 Tacoma didn't have a rear window defroster, and I don't remember this ever being an issue. I don't recall this window ever being frosted over. I think because it's NOT on an angle, moisture and frost does not collect readily on it.

At any rate, this shouldn't be an issue for cold climate Maverick owners.

Sponsored

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
I've got it on my Avalanche..never needed it but heated mirrors come in handy and seats with Leather

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
The only time I've ever needed a rear defroster was when we had blowing freezing rain hitting the back of my truck overnight. No other time in my life have I ever needed a rear defroster in a truck. The fact that the window is vertical prevents accumulation of water on the rear window.

MavEric

First Name
Easy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT, 1950 Willys Truck
Do you recall which video? At this point i don’t trust the old ford pdfs since they have changed small details here and there. E.g passenger seat is manual on all trims now :(
[/QUOTE
I wouldn't trust the videos either, but the good news is we shall see for ourselves soon.

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The only time I've ever needed a rear defroster was when we had blowing freezing rain hitting the back of my truck overnight. No other time in my life have I ever needed a rear defroster in a truck. The fact that the window is vertical prevents accumulation of water on the rear window.
Here in New England, ice storms aren't uncommon. These can result in thick ice on ALL windows. The rear defroster makes pretty quick work of the ice on the rear window (speaking cars here), but you have to heat the whole cabin up and do a lot of hacking/scraping to get the side windows, particularly the rear windows. Fronts are helped by defrost vents in the doors that blow hot air up on the windows.

Bottom line though is that in these conditions, the limiting factor in getting rolling will likely be the rear passenger windows, so lack of a rear defroster probably won't matter. This will be my first vehicle with remote start; I think that'll pretty much solve any problems.:D

Randy H.

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
WE get snow ice and plenty of frost (sitting at the base of the Sierras) but mine will be in the garage every night so certainly not a game changer either way for me.
We moved from Carson City to Connecticut in 2019, winters in Connecticut been pretty much the same (so far). Maybe Northern Nevada will actually get some snow this decade...

Sponsored

rognus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid, Subaru Impreza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We moved from Carson City to Connecticut in 2019, winters in Connecticut been pretty much the same (so far). Maybe Northern Nevada will actually get some snow this decade...
I'm in Verdi and would love to have some snow this winter! Hope you like Connecticut! Must be quite a change. Probably very beautiful! Hope you get scheduled soon!

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Now it might not be available but this is a lot smaller cab and should still melt well. On my 350 and my 150 the defrost button turns on the windshield mirrors and rear with one button.

velvetsMT

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, F250. F350
I'm in Montana my F150 had defrost but it doesn't work now (thanks to an accident with a tractor). I never used it. I don't think any of my other trucks have it/had it but it doesn't seem to be an issue.
Sponsored