Chuck Norris

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
According to the Ford Guy video, no price protection…thanks Ford for the sham, all I’ve been hearing is that you will have price protection, now all of a sudden no price protection! What a joke!
Sponsored

Hanksmydog

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1 F150 , 2010 Mustang GT, Maverick XLT
According to the Ford Guy video, no price protection…thanks Ford for the sham, all I’ve been hearing is that you will have price protection, now all of a sudden no price protection! What a joke!
There will be a private offer made for those that move from a 22 to a 23 model he says at about 7 minute mark of the video. Not sure that amounts to a sham. Sounds like a rebate offer perhaps?

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
1 sentence taken out of context and all the sudden the world is on fire. Fits with todays world. Hahahaha.

n0maverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tiguan, 2022 Maverick, 2013 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
rebate offer will likely only offset price increase. unless they make it more than that everyone moved to 23 is getting screwed on finance rate increase.

Regardless, Ford $h1tshow continues. Death is near for Ford. IMO

Sponsored

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
rebate offer will likely only offset price increase. unless they make it more than that everyone moved to 23 is getting screwed on finance rate increase.

Regardless, Ford $h1tshow continues. Death is near for Ford. IMO
Lmao demand for products that they cant keep up with is the opposite of death.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Death is near for Ford. IMO
LOL
There’s been a lot of angry responses to the news. I am pretty upset as well. I’m at almost 10 months and not scheduled. But you think this means Ford is near death? Lordy.. someone needs to come back to reality.

OP
OP

Chuck Norris

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It’s more about interest rates, a rebate is great but more importantly is the interest rate lock in, will that be honored? No one is talking about that.

LiveWire

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mache GT
It’s more about interest rates, a rebate is great but more importantly is the interest rate lock in, will that be honored? No one is talking about that.
I think you @Chuck Norris should just got to headquarters and WHOOP SOME ASS till they give us what was promised to us!!!! 🤣

Sponsored

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well at least this gets our mind off of thinking about how crappy the vehicle is made. A crappy vehicle from a crappy company. Just feels right.
You sir need to go find another forum to troll. Your presences here has been nothing but unhelpful and negative since the day you showed up.

Good day sir!!

Burch20

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm not sure why anyone thinks anything will be protected, interest rate or price.

Ford has likely been producing the Maverick at close to a loss for the last few months at a minimum. The cost of everything is up 10% and with such a low margin vehicle, there's no way they had room for that. Once I came to that realization the fact that build rates never picked up made sense. Minimize losses while producing just enough to drag people along.

The Fed rate basically equates to what the government says banks can loan money between each other for. The reason all interest rates have gone up is that the Fed rate has significantly increased meaning a higher cost to the business which gets pushed to the consumer. Ford protecting on the 22' was again, probably just saving face where they could. I could be completely off the mark here but I don't see it happening.

If I was a betting man, I'd guess the "special offer" is a $750 rebate on top of whatever other rebates you can snag. Ford doesn't answer to the customer, they answer to the stock holders. Losing thousands (or tens of thousands judging by the ADM's that folks are willing to pay) does not look good to share holders.

Personally, after owning an F-150, focus, escape, and a Fiesta ST, this will probably be my last (if I get it) Ford for a while, maybe ever. The gaslighting from Ford the whole way through is a pretty dirty tactic. They were never going to be able to produce all the orders even if a bunch of folks watered down their trucks as Jim Farley said.

Like Benny said, "the game was rigged from the start."

P.S. Since I'm ranting! Anyone else watch Tim's video and catch the bit where Ford is going to keep producing dealer stock if there aren't constrains? Go figure the dealers get product they will mark up $5-10k without blinking an eye.

ITSATRUCK

First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK
You might need to bring in a wheel barrel of cash to pick up your Maverick with the way things are going. Sad!

Cannedtunafishisgood

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
You sir need to go find another forum to troll. Your presences here has been nothing but unhelpful and negative since the day you showed up.

Good day sir!!
Yeah and like that post was helpful. Maybe instead of worrying about what I post about your beloved ford you should stop and hit the iggy button? Just a thought.