Sponsored

FX4M0

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Atleast Bronco Sport is also not scheduling this upcoming week.
Sponsored

FloodingdowninTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not that much to it. Ford expected orders to tank when COVID shut the world down and since they don't stockpile more than they need they canceled chip orders. But, orders didn't tank nearly as much as expected and Ford had to go to the back of the line at chip fabs. Automobiles use fairly basic chips that don't have much profit in them for chipmakers. Chipmakers are focusing on computers, phones, and gadgets for the millions now working from home. The world consolidated chip production into just a handful of fabs, so there's nowhere else for Ford to go. They have a deal with GlobalFoundries to make chips, but it'll take years before the plant produces anything.

It's just a case of shortsightedness by Ford, profit seeking by chipmakers, a global pandemic interrupting business as usual, and millions of people setting up offices in their houses.
Millions working in their houses don't need this efficient work horse then. It's the rest who need/want to do work or get to it that have long been clamoring for this. World car makers like Ford are above all that.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I get it. Early July xlt hybrid lux. Been priority 2 for a couple of months…nothing so far. Don’t mind the wait because of supply chain issues…do get a little frustrated to read of identical vehicles ordered later being delivered already.
I'm with you, it just a kick in pants seeing these later orders getting build dates.

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I called the Ford Customer Service number yesterday and the rep told me she didn’t have a production date for my hybrid, but they were collecting parts for my truck. Anyone have any idea what that means? After that , how long until production?

Sponsored

Jason1114

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is getting really bad, I feel so bad for those from last summer, I’m a November order and ready to go elsewhere I can get a Tacoma at msrp at my local dealer, I know the mpg is shit but damn this is bad.

FloodingdowninTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I called the Ford Customer Service number yesterday and the rep told me she didn’t have a production date for my hybrid, but they were collecting parts for my truck. Anyone have any idea what that means? After that , how long until production?
"Collecting parts for your truck" reminds me of "curating information" for just for you.

dvibs07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Near as makes no difference for me and the other folks who ordered from Chapman Horsham. All but two of their allocations for Feb. have been scheduled as of yesterday. Thus, the odds are really low I'll get in this month. Here's hoping March will be good to me and I might see the truck before my birthday in May!
Where did you get this info from? I get very short answers when I ask any questions

Churaumi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Fiat 500
Millions working in their houses don't need this efficient work horse then. It's the rest who need/want to do work or get to it that have long been clamoring for this. World car makers like Ford are above all that.
They don't need them, but all those laptops and stuff they bought ate up space st the chip fabs. Ford is competing for resources with all the tech manufacturers and their stuff makes chipmakers a lot more money than the kinds of chips Ford uses.

dvibs07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
So that you are saying :
Abandon hope all ye who Order a Maverick

I figure that most who ordered who have not been scheduled will be pushed to 2023 /2024/ 2025.
There’s no way that people in june/July/august don’t get scheduled, don’t be a doomsdayer

Sponsored

pickupdude

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I daily a 92 Wrangler 4.0. she already ate into my down payment money by needing a transmission rebuild, new clutch and new flywheel. Thankfully passed smog today. She needs a full suspension rebuild and I can't until I get my Maverick.

I hope not. 🤞
i feel ya. I'm taking the subaru, that is supposed to be my down payment, in to see if it needs a new tranny on monday. turns out the subaru trans is as much as the car. :cautious:

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
"Collecting parts for your truck" reminds me of "curating information" for just for you.
Except it's the honest truth. Without chips and parts, Ford can't build trucks. I must think they don't like it any better than we do. No trucks delivered, no sales, no money coming in. Nobody likes it but it's the painful truth and sometimes the truth hurts. ☹

mcc63303

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sold 22 Hybrid XL now 24 Hybrid XL, 57 Chevy 454ci
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My XL Hybrid was scheduled to be built week of 02/21 (changed from week of 02/07), showed up today 02/18 as now "in production".... and with window sticker available, so go figure.

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
My XL Hybrid was scheduled to be built week of 02/21 (changed from week of 02/07), showed up today 02/18 as now "in production".... and with window sticker available, so go figure.
I think Ford is trying to do the right thing and expedite the longer standing hybrid orders once they get they available parts.

Dadmezz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not that much to it. Ford expected orders to tank when COVID shut the world down and since they don't stockpile more than they need they canceled chip orders. But, orders didn't tank nearly as much as expected and Ford had to go to the back of the line at chip fabs. Automobiles use fairly basic chips that don't have much profit in them for chipmakers. Chipmakers are focusing on computers, phones, and gadgets for the millions now working from home. The world consolidated chip production into just a handful of fabs, so there's nowhere else for Ford to go. They have a deal with GlobalFoundries to make chips, but it'll take years before the plant produces anything.

It's just a case of shortsightedness by Ford, profit seeking by chipmakers, a global pandemic interrupting business as usual, and millions of people setting up offices in their houses.
Sorry, I don’t believe this line of explanation …it is not computing.
Sponsored