First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger/Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sounds like the Maverick Dream is slowly diminishing .... I hate to say it.. But I truly might have to look elsewhere If I don't get scheduled soon but even then we don't know if it will be built on schedule.
I will have to revisit aternatives, I'm off the next 4 days so I'll be hitting the lots...mainly to see...
I’m going to have to also
Sponsored

notfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Lux FFV
Engine
Undecided
It's estimated that 1 to 2 million vehicles were flooded in LA and in the NE United States. This is only going to make vehicle shortages more acute.
I was thinking about the aftermath as well. When I worked as a mechanic, we'd be on the lookout for "Katrina cars" after major storms down south and to the East.

Katrina cars are flood-damaged cars declared a total loss that were dried off, patched up, and sold to unscrupulous buyers all across the country. If the sellers have the patience, they'll also title-wash the vehicle so it appears to have a clean title.

Doug Wildman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tesla Model 3, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered June 15 and will wait patiently for my truck. My wife ordered a Tesla Model 3 the first of June. She took delivery on August 17.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered June 15 and will wait patiently for my truck. My wife ordered a Tesla Model 3 the first of June. She took delivery on August 17.
That Tesla has be chock full of chips!! 😂

lotsapapa

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 F-150 Super Crew
Another clif note:

According to workers, on Tuesday afternoon the material did not arrive in time to carry out the work in the manufacturing plant, but yesterday after its arrival they normalized the activities in the afternoon and morning shifts.

We now know they are running two shifts. Both normalized right after supplies came in.. imagine that.

I swear, people will find a way to twist anything and blow right past the actual positive news lol.
Nailed It

Sponsored

DesertMaverick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit HD, Subaru Forester
I myself see a lot of positive hidden in all the negative that is trying to block everything out. It's a brand new vehicle with some absolutely positive thinking. I've seen a lot of pictures and videos of actual vehicles! They look great! I'm in for the long haul because there is nothing else like it out there. My dealer told me that it would take a while. I see build dates and congratulate those that have gotten them. I didn't want the eco-boost although I know it's a great engine ( close to what I have in my Focus), so it doesn't bother me if others get theirs first. I see hybrids are scheduled to be built and that number is likely to be increased (might be due to transmission?). I'm thinking I might be next :). If I am then I will hoping that all of you who have not gotten theirs will be next !
I appreciate your positive outlook in this conversation. I do not see anywhere in the article that Maverick production will halt. The local newspaper article message, in my opinion, is that there is concern that workers may not have full work days and paychecks due to shortages in materials. It appears that the Mexico Plant was able to pull things together when a material shipment was late and they quickly remedied the situation.
Anyone who orders a new product from an initial rollout should be prepared for some delays. The world and its' networks of producers of materials is moving as quickly as possible. No stock holder, CEO, part distributor, salesperson or customer wants a delay in making the Maverick. Let's stay positive and leave out the "poor me" attitude. We are all in the same situation. We have to be patient. If you can't wait, for any reason, then you'll have to make another decision. You can always buy a Maverick a year or two down the road. Just my thoughts.

Down

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick/02 Z06 Vette
I appreciate your positive outlook in this conversation. I do not see anywhere in the article that Maverick production will halt. The local newspaper article message, in my opinion, is that there is concern that workers may not have full work days and paychecks due to shortages in materials. It appears that the Mexico Plant was able to pull things together when a material shipment was late and they quickly remedied the situation.
It's even less consequential than that, IMO. It's not just that it doesn't sound like Mav production would be halted, it doesn't even sound like they were talking about Mav production in the first place. The only place the article talks about any specific vehicles is when it says "around 5 thousand vehicles have not been delivered in Sonora that have already been sold due to the lack of semiconductor chips".
Since no Mavs have been sold, they must be talking about another vehicle.

Brsbill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 sta
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Everyone keeps telling me it is a mistake to buy first year production runs. Wait until they work out any problems. However based on all I have read. The demand for maverick is huge not just from truck buyers but other market segments. I am expecting ford dealers to offer incentives to early deliveries to help boost inventories.

Sponsored

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That is precisely what they have done with thousands of Bronco Sports. They're built, just sitting there, piling up, some are just waiting on the chips, others are waiting for other reasons, like recalls, tow packages, etc.:
June Builds sitting in the Mexican Desert | 2021+ Ford Bronco Sport Forum - Broncosportforum.com

Seems to be Badlands only though, which require a specific chip. This will not impact Maverick production to my knowledge.
Not just Badlands. I have an Outer Banks that is rotting in the desert waiting on chip(s).
I moved on to the Maverick, getting in an early order only to see the same story unfold again.

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looking grim especially for Hybrid builds. This article said they are 5000 behind .....
The article says 5,000 vehicles behind, it makes no mention of hybrid. Could be completely different chips impacting different vehicles.

OP
OP
Redneck Garage

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

That Tesla has be chock full of chips!! 😂
Yes it certainly is but Elon musk had his engineers go back and reconfigure the electronics to fit chips they had rather than just say they were out of them.

OP
OP
Redneck Garage

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)