First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat, 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My original build week was 11/29 and I got my window sticker on 11/26. Nothing showed up until it showed on the Ford tracking website "In Production on 12/06" and then again - nothing. I had my salesrep check the Vehicle Tracking report and it showed that it went to the body shop on 12/03 and then to the trim line on 12/06.
It then also showed that on 12/06 it is ON HOLD awaiting chips with an ETA of 01/12/2022.

So, if anyone is wondering what is the status of a build that is stuck at "In Production" , yours too might also be waiting on chips that are once again in short supply.
Not very happy about it, but there's nothing I can do but wait some more. :(🤷‍♂️

UPDATE: As of 12/27 the Vehicle Visibility Report still shows it as being on Chip Hold.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's what I thought. They are sitting in a parking lot in Mexico waiting on chips.

Wonder if the chips are for one of the optional items?

OP
OP
Whitenight

Whitenight

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's what I thought. They are sitting in a parking lot in Mexico waiting on chips.

Wonder if the chips are for one of the optional items?
The only thing that I ordered that would require more chips was the Co-Pilot 360.

MarkG

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
My original build week was 11/29 and I got my window sticker on 11/26. Nothing showed up until it showed on the Ford tracking website "In Production on 12/06" and then again - nothing. I had my salesrep check the Vehicle Tracking report and it showed that it went to the body shop on 12/03 and then to the trim line on 12/06.
It then also showed that on 12/06 it is ON HOLD awaiting chips with an ETA of 01/12/2022.

So, if anyone is wondering what is the status of a build that is stuck at "In Production" , yours too might also be waiting on chips that are once again in short supply.
Not very happy about it, but there's nothing I can do but wait some more. :(🤷‍♂️
I suspect that I am in the same boat as you. In production since December 8. ETA changed from 12/28 to 1/2.

I would expect that since the ETA wasn't removed completely that the required parts are enroute to the factory.

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The only thing that I ordered that would require more chips was the Co-Pilot 360.
Except everything is smart on cars these days and on CAN bus, so they require chips. I would think the 4 wheel drive would and maybe even the Moonroof and/or Lariat options.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Whitenight

Whitenight

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Except everything is smart on cars these days and on CAN bus, so they require chips. I would think the 4 wheel drive would and maybe even the Moonroof and/or Lariat options.
Unfortunately, unlike with my Bronco Sport where it was waiting for a Restraint Control Module, Ford hasn't said exactly what chips it is waiting on and for what. So even something as "simple" as air bags and seat belt controls, could be holding up builds.

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Did your sales rep say the system literally says awaiting chips?

OP
OP
Whitenight

Whitenight

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did your sales rep say the system literally says awaiting chips?
Not only did he say that, but so does the copy of the Vehicle Visibility report. Unfortunately the Vehicle Visibility report doesn't say what chips they are waiting for.

Sorry for the poor quality of the photos, but that is what he sent me.

Ford Maverick Maverick Chip Shortage 661194017
Ford Maverick Maverick Chip Shortage 661194017-1

Last edited:

Turtle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sharing @fordvideoguy - can you update us this evening.

Mavforever

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

:eek:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Whitenight

Whitenight

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I guess you could just ask them to substitute corn chips for potato chips.

OldSoulNewMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@fordvideoguy see this thread? Maybe you could fact check this in time for tonight's episode pretty please.......
I'm scheduled for a build this week and hoping it's not a big holdup.

mdb313

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just checked with my salesman since my truck has shown in production since 12/2. I got the same information. On hold Micro Chip.
Ford Maverick Maverick Chip Shortage Vehicle Status Maverick
Sponsored