NEW XL BOUGHT WHEN BUYER BACKED OUT

Stagehand38

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
I told both Ford Dealers near me to alert me if any Mavericks became available, and on March 15th one did at Roy Obriens in St. Clair Shores Michigan. A younger guy couldn't get approved, so my 22-year-old son was interested. It is an XL with a rear sliding window, power windows and locks, CoPilot 360, and a trailer hitch in Velocity Blue. At first, he wasn't too keen on the color, but grew to like it and took it for a couple of drives and went for it. I had driven the 2.0 gas engine and was suspect about the performance of the Hybrid. It has performed well and for $23, 108, it is well worth the price. So far the mileage isn't that great, about 35 combined, but in this day and age, much better than the 2009 Ford Taurus he was driving. Next week, he is getting a Line-X bedliner and soon after, either the Fold up or Roll up REV Tonneau cover from Ford. Unless someone knows of a better Tonneau for the Maverick, both of the Ford covers appear easy to install.
Ford Maverick NEW XL BOUGHT WHEN BUYER BACKED OUT IMG_2269.JPG
Sponsored

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
Good looking truck, congrats on the purchase!

As far as bed covers go you might want do some research on the Ford OEM ones. I can't remember if it was soft or hard roll up but some members here on the forum have complaints that it is to short.

I purchased a TruXedo Lo Pro and installed it in about 30 minutes by myself. It looks good and fits perfect!

Ford Maverick NEW XL BOUGHT WHEN BUYER BACKED OUT IMG_20220205_145014167_HDR

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OP
OP

Stagehand38

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Good looking truck, congrats on the purchase!

As far as bed covers go you might want do some research on the Ford OEM ones. I can't remember if it was soft or hard roll up but some members here on the forum have complaints that it is to short.

I purchased a TruXedo Lo Pro and installed it in about 30 minutes by myself. It looks good and fits perfect!

IMG_20220205_145014167_HDR.jpg
I did see a video regarding the Hard Roll up cover by REV that Ford sells on their accessories site, the guy said it didn’t go all the way to the cab. Do you mind me asking what you paid? I know both Hard REV covers are about $1200.

LEDLITES

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
GREENE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LX80
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I feel bad for the dude who could not get approved.

Sponsored

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
I did see a video regarding the Hard Roll up cover by REV that Ford sells on their accessories site, the guy said it didn’t go all the way to the cab. Do you mind me asking what you paid? I know both Hard REV covers are about $1200.
The Lo Pro is just a soft cover roll up not a hard cover and if I remember right it cost right around $425. I believe the price has gone up since I purchased it a few months ago. I liked the soft roll up better because the bed on the Mav is super small and a hard rollup and a folding cover take up more bed space.

Ford Maverick NEW XL BOUGHT WHEN BUYER BACKED OUT IMG_20220205_145245318_HDR

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Check out realtruck.com options and email [email protected] for a massive discount, something like 20%, just say you heard about it from this forum. Got my truxedo X15 Pro soft rollup for $400 before tax, free shipping.

Truxedo X15 is the matte fabric finish ultra low profile soft rollup, Lo Pro is the more glossy leatherish low profile rollup. Truxport is the cheapest at ~$250-$275 with discount, not as low-profile and can't quick-release but I mean really how often do you need to quick release the roll -- it's so thin when rolled up all the way. I believe the Ford soft rollup is a Ford branded model Truxport.

You can can also use Ford points from your Maverick purchase ($200-ish value) at OEM ford parts dealers like fairwayfordparts.net. They have pretty much 20% discount on parts across the board compared to Ford's main site. You just send them an email about the item you're interested in and they'll send you instructions for sending them your Ford member ID so you they can use points towards your purchase, and they'll create a custom invoice for you. I did this with a bunch of my accessories that I got.

https://www.fairwayfordparts.net/oe...ollup-tonneau-bed-cover-vnz6z99501a42b?c=az0x

Last edited:

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey, where are your wheel hub covers? Did you not receive them?!

The hybrid mpg will improve after a few hundred miles.

Look into the Gator SFX tonneau cover, good quality for the price.

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I feel bad for the dude who could not get approved.
I thought the Maverick qualified for some special (though not wise) Ford program for people with bad credit.

Regardless, If the dealer can’t get you approved, you probably don’t need to be borrowing the money at the moment anyways.
They may have done that person a favor.

OP
OP

Stagehand38

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Besides the credit, the guy didn't like the trade value the dealer offered.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Stagehand38

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Hey, where are your wheel hub covers? Did you not receive them?!

The hybrid mpg will improve after a few hundred miles.

Look into the Gator SFX tonneau cover, good quality for the price.
The photo was right after his second test drive and he had decided to buy the truck. We came back later that day and the dealer had it prepped for delivery.
Ford Maverick NEW XL BOUGHT WHEN BUYER BACKED OUT IMG_2306

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Besides the credit, the guy didn't like the trade value the dealer offered.
Nice Color!

I plan on being dropped off at the dealer, so they don't even try to lowball me on my truck.
They already offered 2k earlier this year when I test drove a Maverick. Similar Sport Tracs are selling between 4-7k online.
Sponsored