Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
  • Banned
So my new truck is finally in. I will start with the good. Dealer gave me the price at time of order and interest rates as well, with no pushback. The negative is of course that I cannot take delivery because of the pending brake light recall. And the bigger thing to me is that they ordered it wrong. It came with the standard black wheels and the Pirelli tires and I do not love that combination at all. I had optioned it with the silver wheels which also come with a better tire. Plus it came with the trifold cover and I wanted the soft roll up. Neither are deal breakers, I just didnā€™t want to have to spend money out of pocket for the wheel/tire issue.

Ford Maverick New Maverick is here. Mostly positive experience DB82ADBA-C054-4C10-87B9-3AD9EFEA6D95
Sponsored

RRaynor2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hmm, I wonder if you could swap wheels with someone on the forum. Of course, that would take some serious trust haha. maybe you could find someone within driving distance and both bring your jacks and stands!

OP
OP
LM42

LM42

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
  • Banned
Hmm, I wonder if you could swap wheels with someone on the forum. Of course, that would take some serious trust haha. maybe you could find someone within driving distance and both bring your jacks and stands!
I like your thinking, but the silver wheel is a more expensive option. I can't imagine someone trading down. The Fifteen52 wheels are too expensive, and another forum member also powder coated these wheels bronze and it looked awesome. Also an inexpensive option.

B2000

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B2000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Those wheels look great and eventually you will replace the tires. I would live with it for a while and see if you like it.

OP
OP
LM42

LM42

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
  • Banned
Those wheels look great and eventually you will replace the tires. I would live with it for a while and see if you like it.
I mean I definitely won't run right out and spend any more money. My reason for buying this truck was to save some money. But, I never leave anything stock, and just personally do not like the black wheels at all. But otherwise I think the silver looks really nice in person. Once I get it tinted it will look a lot better as well.

Sponsored

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Congrats and Happy Mavericking!!

TonyTee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tonytrafficlight.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Hybrid, 2023 iRacing F-150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I also like the way they look on your truck. They stand out against the truck color!

Grumpa

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Pacifica Honda Civic Chevy Sonic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So my new truck is finally in. I will start with the good. Dealer gave me the price at time of order and interest rates as well, with no pushback. The negative is of course that I cannot take delivery because of the pending brake light recall. And the bigger thing to me is that they ordered it wrong. It came with the standard black wheels and the Pirelli tires and I do not love that combination at all. I had optioned it with the silver wheels which also come with a better tire. Plus it came with the trifold cover and I wanted the soft roll up. Neither are deal breakers, I just didnā€™t want to have to spend money out of pocket for the wheel/tire issue.

DB82ADBA-C054-4C10-87B9-3AD9EFEA6D95.jpeg
Lookin good!!!!!

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I assume you were not charged for the more expensive wheel.

I am sure someone would gladly buy those black ones from you. BTW welcome to the owners club!

OP
OP
LM42

LM42

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I assume you were not charged for the more expensive wheel.

I am sure someone would gladly buy those black ones from you. BTW welcome to the owners club!
No, that was part of the good news too, I think these are $700 ish less than the other wheels so the truck was a bit less expensive.

Sponsored

bwayne

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150, 2008 Edge
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The black wheels look pretty good with the silver. As for the tires, unless youā€™ll be off pavement a lot, just use them up and get the tires you like at that time. Try trading the tonneau at a local dealer for what you want, or better yet, sell it on Craigslist or whatever classifieds you like. Youā€™ll get more than a dealer would pay you.

Gooberhamm

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota Corolla S Premium
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

DB82ADBA-C054-4C10-87B9-3AD9EFEA6D95.jpeg
I like the contrast between the grey paint and the black tires. I think I might keep them. Not sure what the difference is between the tires you wanted and these.

StillWaiting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brandyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As a current XL owner with steelies, those rims look great with that silveršŸ¤£šŸ˜‚ā€¦.. but not being able to take delivery is awful

TheRef

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I bought a set of 18" Bronco Sport rims for my XLT right after I got it. Love them. Sold original rims on this forum to guy who bought XL - they will want your black rims, which show brake dust all the time. Your Maverick will be worth waiting for!

LGRW_GoGRG

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I bought a set of 18" Bronco Sport rims for my XLT right after I got it. Love them. Sold original rims on this forum to guy who bought XL - they will want your black rims, which show brake dust all the time. Your Maverick will be worth waiting for!
Did the lug nuts from your original OEM Maverick wheels fit the Bronco Sport 18ā€™s? I just picked up the Bronco Sport 18ā€™s with the OEM Michelin tires for $450 as a set! Gonna mount some 18inch snow tires on them and then keep my black FX4 wheels/tires as my summer set. šŸ¤ 
Sponsored