First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Velocity Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hello everyone! This is not going to solve anyone’s problems, but after reading every post for the past 7 months, I finally joined the group in January, and I thought I’d give a quick post. I got a call from my dealer on Monday saying my Maverick had arrived! After work I headed over to claim it. My experience with Sam Leman Ford was pretty good.
I had ordered the Mav back on June 25, so it has been just short of 8 months waiting. My order was a leap of faith, having never driven a hybrid in my life. And with a new model, there are bound to be unanswered questions, because the dealer doesn’t know much more than I do about it. Mine is an XLT build, Hybrid, Velocity Blue, co-pilot 360, drop-in bed liner, tri-fold bed cover and trailer hitch (not tow package). Took a quick test drive with my salesman before sitting down to do all the paperwork.
I had talked to my credit union ahead of time, so I had an idea what I wanted in the loan. I wound up taking Ford financing. I had printed appraisals of my current car from CarMax and CarFax and KBB, so I had a pretty good idea of what I would take for a trade, and was prepared to refuse the offer if they tried to lowball me. They actually offered a very fair price and I accepted happily. Went through the standard paint and fabric protection talks. Cleaned out my trade-in, wrote the check for my down payment, said a tearful goodbye to my 5-speed manual and CD player. I’m going to miss both of those things.
So after a couple of days and a few in-town trips, I am very happy with the truck. It handles very well, has plenty of power (not a racer, but easily adequate for normal driving), the sound system is fine except for not having a CD player. I have a lot to learn about the electronics and sound system. I am told that I will be getting the FITS package (I got the email back in October) and am looking forward to that. Storage is adequate, but I wish there was a side pocket in the door panels. I don’t usually have 6 bottles to keep track of! The dial shifter is strange to me. I hope I will get used to it.
If you keep your sense of humor about this website, there is actually good information here, and I am grateful for all the helpful videos and posts! It’s easy to bitch about things. Be patient and reasonable and things will work out. I’m sure that the workers who build the Maverick are doing the best they can to get the orders out. We all have to deal with the chip shortage and all the other crap in today’s world. Good luck to all of you who are still waiting!
Ford Maverick My experience….   It’s finally here! 615547B3-36C4-4AAF-90C4-4B8B925098AF
Sponsored

BigB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great looking Mav, Congrats!!

NEMillennial

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Subaru Forester
Congrats! I hope to join those ranks by the end o the year... we'll see, but that blue really pops in the picture!

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Hello everyone! This is not going to solve anyone’s problems, but after reading every post for the past 7 months, I finally joined the group in January, and I thought I’d give a quick post. I got a call from my dealer on Monday saying my Maverick had arrived! After work I headed over to claim it. My experience with Sam Leman Ford was pretty good.
I had ordered the Mav back on June 25, so it has been just short of 8 months waiting. My order was a leap of faith, having never driven a hybrid in my life. And with a new model, there are bound to be unanswered questions, because the dealer doesn’t know much more than I do about it. Mine is an XLT build, Hybrid, Velocity Blue, co-pilot 360, drop-in bed liner, tri-fold bed cover and trailer hitch (not tow package). Took a quick test drive with my salesman before sitting down to do all the paperwork.
I had talked to my credit union ahead of time, so I had an idea what I wanted in the loan. I wound up taking Ford financing. I had printed appraisals of my current car from CarMax and CarFax and KBB, so I had a pretty good idea of what I would take for a trade, and was prepared to refuse the offer if they tried to lowball me. They actually offered a very fair price and I accepted happily. Went through the standard paint and fabric protection talks. Cleaned out my trade-in, wrote the check for my down payment, said a tearful goodbye to my 5-speed manual and CD player. I’m going to miss both of those things.
So after a couple of days and a few in-town trips, I am very happy with the truck. It handles very well, has plenty of power (not a racer, but easily adequate for normal driving), the sound system is fine except for not having a CD player. I have a lot to learn about the electronics and sound system. I am told that I will be getting the FITS package (I got the email back in October) and am looking forward to that. Storage is adequate, but I wish there was a side pocket in the door panels. I don’t usually have 6 bottles to keep track of! The dial shifter is strange to me. I hope I will get used to it.
If you keep your sense of humor about this website, there is actually good information here, and I am grateful for all the helpful videos and posts! It’s easy to bitch about things. Be patient and reasonable and things will work out. I’m sure that the workers who build the Maverick are doing the best they can to get the orders out. We all have to deal with the chip shortage and all the other crap in today’s world. Good luck to all of you who are still waiting!
615547B3-36C4-4AAF-90C4-4B8B925098AF.jpeg
Congratulations! Welcome to the Ford family!

Sponsored

BB0

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Congrats! The truck looks wonderful; I hope you enjoy it. Thank you for sharing your experience too! It's easy to lose track of what we're looking forward to since we've spent so long waiting. I hope we all get to have the same great experience soon.

KimTexas

First Name
Berly Ann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid - 🌵 Grey
Congratulations & welcome to the hybrid club! Mines a Lariat in Cactus Gray and I have no negatives to report. I too, ordered in June but took delivery on Jan 3rd and haven't looked back!
I love this truck, it fits me and my lifestyle perfectly! Enjoy

OP
OP
Weird Harold

Weird Harold

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Velocity Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Congrats! I hope to join those ranks by the end o the year... we'll see, but that blue really pops in the picture!
Yes, loving the blue! My original build was white. I kept seeing those Area 51 trucks and I knew I didn't want that, but the velocity blue is great! Asked the dealer if I could change the color, and he said, sure, as long as it isn't scheduled yet. So I did.

Jamaral2022

First Name
Jose do Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A VW GOLF.
615547B3-36C4-4AAF-90C4-4B8B925098AF.jpeg

What if you could neutralize the chip shortage roadblock?

Some Brands have found the way to do just that.
They’re taking full control of their systems.

From design to development to production & beyond.
And are getting to launch faster, hassle-free.

With time-tested Automotive Engineering Services.
Project management capabilities.
State-of-the are full range of customized control systems.
And secure supply chain by reliable partners.

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22’ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Congrats. Waiting on my hybrid. Supposed to arrive 3/16-3/22.

Sponsored

Ken

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape and Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Congratulations!