My MPG guesser looks off..

Mav

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Maverick
When I first picked it up it showed 14mpg of the 19 miles it had on it. Delivered with a full tank of 87. I reset it at around 50miles on the ODO. Just filled it with 93 on Friday. I haven’t done any math to verify/confirm.
Maybe it will magically learn over time.
I haven’t been abusing the throttle. But I haven’t been shy either. Still getting a feel for the capabilities and limitations, so there’s that.
Ford Maverick My MPG guesser looks off.. D2299B43-2453-4A9C-9C62-DD0654A7D32C
Sponsored

Barefootdan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model Y
Oof definitely doesn’t look right. I’ve gone through just over 2000 miles so far and my worst was 23.5 which was full city driving and some off-road trails. Be sure to manually calculate at your next fill up. I know it does “learn” a bit. The distance to empty looks at your recent average mpg to calculate and adjusts regularly

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe you got an F150 MPG programming.

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
6.5 hrs to go 203 miles? Was this tons of city stop and go? Lots of idling?

Aza

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

When I first picked it up it showed 14mpg of the 19 miles it had on it. Delivered with a full tank of 87. I reset it at around 50miles on the ODO. Just filled it with 93 on Friday. I haven’t done any math to verify/confirm.
Maybe it will magically learn over time.
I haven’t been abusing the throttle. But I haven’t been shy either. Still getting a feel for the capabilities and limitations, so there’s that.
D2299B43-2453-4A9C-9C62-DD0654A7D32C.jpeg
Wasn’t there another guy that was having really low numbers too? I think he said that the dealership wouldn’t do any diagnostics on it until 1000 miles were on the odometer.

Sponsored

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd be interested in your results after a thousand miles or so. It's hard to figure out what is going on with such a small sample.

Reactions: Mav
OP
OP
Mav

Mav

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Maverick
6.5 hrs to go 203 miles? Was this tons of city stop and go? Lots of idling?
most of it is commuting to work. 35 miles round trip for 5 days. Plus some local stuff.

OP
OP
Mav

Mav

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Maverick
I'd be interested in your results after a thousand miles or so. It's hard to figure out what is going on with such a small sample.
Agreed. I’m hesitant to reset it again. Want to see if it catches up and learns

OP
OP
Mav

Mav

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Maverick
Wasn’t there another guy that was having really low numbers too? I think he said that the dealership wouldn’t do any diagnostics on it until 1000 miles were on the odometer.
I remember reading that one too. I honestly wouldn’t want to take it to the dealership anyway. The truck is too new. I doubt they are even trained well enough at this point to diagnose

Reactions: Aza

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I remember reading that one too. I honestly wouldn’t want to take it to the dealership anyway. The truck is too new. I doubt they are even trained well enough at this point to diagnose
Better to get the issues looked at and documented. That way if it's unresolvable and needs to be lemon'd you have the paperwork in order.

Sponsored

Probity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Scab 2.7EB, 2017 CR-V
More formally known as the Lie-O-Meter. I'd do a mileage reset and see if it stays at or below 14mpg on your normal driving. If I'm correct in my thinking there's a Trip A/Trip B option so you won't have to lose the original all-in mpg value.

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Start using fuelly to track your efficiency and check your brakes.

Darksider

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two
Guessing you just started vehicle to take picture or has it been running? Just wondering since the vehicle is not up to temp and if it doesnt get up to temp then that will hit your MPG.

OP
OP
Mav

Mav

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Maverick
Guessing you just started vehicle to take picture or has it been running? Just wondering since the vehicle is not up to temp and if it doesnt get up to temp then that will hit your MPG.
Yup. Just started it to get a pic
Start using fuelly to track your efficiency and check your brakes.
Fuelly is a good idea. You really think brakes would be engaging ?
More formally known as the Lie-O-Meter. I'd do a mileage reset and see if it stays at or below 14mpg on your normal driving. If I'm correct in my thinking there's a Trip A/Trip B option so you won't have to lose the original all-in mpg value.
True. Tripping it would be a good 2nd confirmation after doing the actual math
Better to get the issues looked at and documented. That way if it's unresolvable and needs to be lemon'd you have the paperwork in order.
Meh. It’s not a huge deal. There’s more to be gained from giving the ecu a little time to figure it out. It’s not something that’s worthy of lemon lawing. If it were a safety or performance issue, sure:

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I still say your Maverick just wants to be an F150. Do your own calculations on the next couple fill ups and see how far off it is.
Sponsored