My Maverick died in traffic...

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Let me tell you about last weekend...
It was a Saturday evening and I was on my way to an event in my 22 Hybrid Mav. It is important to note here that I loved my Mav and still do but... I was about a block from the house, in traffic and all of the sudden EVERY light on the dashboard started blazing at me! Warnings were coming on the dashboard faster than I could read them and meanwhile I was trying to navigate traffic. I pulled off as fast as I could down a side street. I got about a block away and I was sure that the truck JUST had the electric power pushing it. Unfortunately I had gone down hill to the side street. I got turned around and then my Mav barely made it back up the hill to the streetlight and barely made it back to my subdivision and to my driveway. Took my wifes car to the event.
Once I returned, I called the local Ford dealer with the info and the service dept. had already closed. Great. I got the voice mail of the service manager. I got a call on Monday AM and they said to call the Ford roadside assistance. I of course did and they got the truck within an hour.
Turns out it was a recall for the "no start" problem. Unfortunately it took 2 days to get my Mav back. Here is the kicker: I had just had the programmable recalls done in my driveway the week before. Why not this one?
Oh well, they took care of me and fortuitously it was not a major inconvenience.
Argh. For my 66 Mustang that I could use a spring from a screen door for the carb throttle return...
Sponsored

maggy55

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I had the same thing happen to me after I had the programmable recalls done.

CurtisB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Could you please post the code that the "no start problem" produced? We need to accurately track this so that when it happens to another one of us, we have something they can look into immedieately to help save time.

RockHoundTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You seem to be the 4th or 5th person on here that has had this problem within a week or so of doing the recent programming recalls. My local Ford dealer contacted me and asked if I wanted their "driveway tech" to come out and do the recall. I told him "Hell, no. Not until Ford gets all the bugs worked out". He said he understood and hung up. Got a feeling I was not the only one to say this to him.

Sponsored

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It was a Saturday evening and I was on my way to an event in my 22 Hybrid Mav. It is important to note here that I loved my Mav and still do but... I was about a block from the house, in traffic and all of the sudden EVERY light on the dashboard started blazing at me! Warnings were coming on the dashboard faster than I could read them and meanwhile I was trying to navigate traffic. I pulled off as fast as I could down a side street. I got about a block away and I was sure that the truck JUST had the electric power pushing it. Unfortunately I had gone down hill to the side street. I got turned around and then my Mav barely made it back up the hill to the streetlight and barely made it back to my subdivision and to my driveway. Took my wifes car to the event.
Once I returned, I called the local Ford dealer with the info and the service dept. had already closed. Great. I got the voice mail of the service manager. I got a call on Monday AM and they said to call the Ford roadside assistance. I of course did and they got the truck within an hour.
Turns out it was a recall for the "no start" problem. Unfortunately it took 2 days to get my Mav back. Here is the kicker: I had just had the programmable recalls done in my driveway the week before. Why not this one?
Oh well, they took care of me and fortuitously it was not a major inconvenience.
Argh. For my 66 Mustang that I could use a spring from a screen door for the carb throttle return...

This problem is more likely related to some "glitch" with the reprogramming than it is for the 22B39 (no start recall).

22B39 is not eligible for the mobile service. That isn't one that they'd do outside of the dealership.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Could you please post the code that the "no start problem" produced? We need to accurately track this so that when it happens to another one of us, we have something they can look into immedieately to help save time.
22b39 is what they said. Apparently there was some cables and retainers as well.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Hello there! Are you still experiencing this concern? If so, I would like to look into it on my end. Please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer.

Superg0

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 XLT FX4 Azure Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wow, the Hybrid seems to be going through a lot of teething problems. Hope they get this sorted.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hello there! Are you still experiencing this concern? If so, I would like to look into it on my end. Please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer.
No. All good so far.

Sponsored

jayant1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had a VERY similar situation this morning. Hoping to find out what's wrong on Monday.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Gotta be the same as me. Hope they get it quickly. I do love my mav just the same.

DokDream

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

DokDream

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OK, I'm reading about more and more of stories like mine. I wonder if these problems are due to the Mavericks being manufactured in Mexico. I remember when there were secret teams to fix products made in Mexico due to Clinton's "wonderful" NAFTA, but needed to be "remanufactured" to be salable in the US. In any event, maybe a class action suit is needed to get this problem fixed.

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OK, I'm reading about more and more of stories like mine. I wonder if these problems are due to the Mavericks being manufactured in Mexico. I remember when there were secret teams to fix products made in Mexico due to Clinton's "wonderful" NAFTA, but needed to be "remanufactured" to be salable in the US. In any event, maybe a class action suit is needed to get this problem fixed.
One of the problems for the 22 Mavs was a part shortage...no AGM batteries were available so Ford put in EFB batteries instead. These Mavs need AGM!
Sponsored